LuciousTimes

Mr. Lucious Times For Governor ( The Royal Family Party )

5 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

New alliances are forming amongst us great politicians, be tuned for more information! And remember, you heard it first from Lucious Times! 

Continues to impress me!!! #Proud #Lucious4Gov2k17

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FatherOfLoyalty said:

Continues to impress me!!! #Proud #Lucious4Gov2k17

Always the mission, I enjoy making you proud!

• Like 1

On 1/31/2017 at 9:12 PM, LuciousTimes said:

Gun Control: It's necessary that each player be equipped with some sort of protection. The crime rate is going to be ridiculously high. I'll permit each household to have either one shotgun or pistol for protection. This applies to common citizens, not police officers. However, you must be registered to own a gun.

As a well armed American myself, I have issue with being told that I'm only allowed one. Provided you have a clean criminal record and obey the laws, you should be able to own whatever you choose, and however many you are willing to buy and can afford. One option isn't enough, especially in a game like this - I may be killed and my firearm stolen, and because I don't have another to fall back on, I have to wait until I can afford another to be able to protect myself. This leaves me in vulnerable position.

This also doesn't address gun ownership clearly. Is this protection limited to private property only? Private property in this game is the safest of all places, and protection in your private home isn't something that is really required - it's out in public that it is needed. My home is safe, my business and activities outside of my home are very dangerous. Will open or concealed carry be allowed in public places?

Another question revolves around whether you support stand-your-ground or duty-to-retreat. Am I allowed to defend myself when I need to, and what will be viewed as justifiable homicide in the case where I'm forced to defend myself? I plan to own a business, and will regularly be in public places as well as my place of business. Will I be allowed to defend my business property as well?

Government: My envisioned government will be a Constitutional Dictatorship. It's the best way for the leader to make decisions quickly and get things implemented! I say constitutional because the leader must still abide by laws. He can't just do as he wishes and have all the say so. Voting will still exist, representatives will as well. Only thing truly different is that the leader gives the final yes or no.

In America we are a Constitutional Republic. Elected officials are elected to represent the people, and do so within the laws of the constitution. We also get to vote in or out the bills we support or reject. What you're suggesting is quite the opposite of this. Yes, you did state that "voting will still exist," however you also stated that "the leader gives the final yes or no."

Basically you're offering the illusion of choice though there really isn't any. The people may vote in favor of something, and you are within your rights to turn around and reject it because you as an individual don't support it - a total dictatorship. The same may happen in reverse, say a tax rate increase - the people vote to reject the increase, though since you are actually the one to decide what is accepted or rejected, you turn around and accept and implement the tax rate increase that everyone else rejected. This is rather distressing to think about. 

Also, you don't currently have a clear set constitution defining the laws you claim you will abide by. While it does seem you are developing something as you speak with your citizens, learn and grow, it's difficult to support someone claiming to abide by a constitution that isn't agreed upon and one that changes frequently. What I agree to support you for may be wiped away tomorrow.

Healthcare: We want everyone to be able to have care with all the obvious crime there will be. So, if you make less than $20 an hr you will be granted a fee of $100 per month. If you make $20 - $50 you'll be charge $200 and if you make any higher than $50 an hr you'll be charged $300 towards your health insurance. This monthly bill will provide unlimited health coverage for all your health needs.

Is healthcare something that will be forced on the populace, or will it be an option? Will you be fining people for not purchasing it, similar to the AHCA fiasco? Also, who exactly insures this healthcare, the government? You won't even have any competition to compete with, and you'll basically be forcing your citizens to buy your product. Being forced to do something never works out well - you need to provide the option and not force it.

The government allocates all resources according to the central plan. It tries to use the nation's capital, labor and natural resources in the most efficient way possible

I will be running a business and will require resources to make my business work. Does this mean that if my business isn't part of your 'central plan' I can effectively be snuffed out due to a lack of resources? If say I intend to make high quality materials and clothing, but a competitor plans to make cheap, mass produced clothing, they'll be entitled to the resources rather than me? I don't have an issue with using resources wisely, however to monopolize and pull resources from people that you don't deem worthy of them isn't something I'm a fan of.

The government owns monopoly businesses. These are in industries deemed essential to the goals of the economy. That usually includes finance, utilities, and automotive. There is no domestic competition in these sectors.

I have issue with government own businesses, especially when these businesses are necessary and have a guaranteed market. You're basically taking the best businesses for yourself and declaring that no one else is allowed to compete with you. To build a healthy economy you need competition to ensure prices stay low and aren't stagnant. Allowing competitors with the knowledge and experience to make these businesses work will help the economy as a whole. 

The government creates laws, regulations, and directives to enforce the central plan. Businesses follow the plan's production and hiring targets.

Again the 'central plan' is mentioned, and you claim that businesses have to follow your particular plan for production and hiring. It sounds more like you plan to run a large corporation rather than lead the people. The people should not be treated like just another resource at your disposal. Also, you state that you will create laws, regulations and directives to enforce the central plan, however as you've stated previously, the people really won't have any say in what laws, regulations and directives are implemented. 

I can definitely see offering incentives to meet the needs you set forth, leading people to be more inclined to follow your plan and help you meet your goals, but outright forcing them to will only create an angry populace. If people are forced to adhere to your vision, and not allowed the freedom to follow their own plan, you'll have a lot of bankrupt businesses and many citizens moving to find somewhere that allows them to. 

This rapid mobilization often means my economy will mow down other societal needs. For example, the government tells workers what jobs they must fulfill. It discourages them from moving. The goods it produces aren’t always based on consumer demand. But citizens find a way to fulfill their needs.

They often develop a shadow economy, or black market. It buys and sells the things my economy isn't producing.

Again, I have problems with the government destroying what it deems is unnecessary or unworthy - it literally makes me shiver. I don't need my government telling me what I do or do not need. If there is consumer demand for something that is legal, this demand should be allowed to be met - you'll still profit off of the taxes accrued through these businesses.  A shadow economy or black market should never develop for legal products, and is a sign of a very sick economy. Not only will it negatively impact your approval and your economy, but you will also lose the ability to profit off of the demand.

You're also claiming that you will "assign" people to specific jobs and demand that they do them. The only people who can do that are your employers and military leaders. The people are neither your employees nor your soldiers. However, if you give your people something worth fighting for, they'll do it willingly.

Again, incentives should be used to lead people to particular jobs, not a government mandate. These incentives can be anything from tax cuts, startup funds, monthly incentives, housing assistance, free insurance coverage, etc. If you want to be truly successful, you need to lead people where you want them to go, not herd them there like a bunch of cattle.

Taxes: Taxes will be a very simple flat tax. 10% of your reported yearly income must be given in taxes. 10% tax will also be placed on corporation profit, not income.

While I agree that the 10% tax across the board is probably the fairest way, and I really don't even have issue with the additional 10% tax on businesses, but how exactly will you ensure that everyone pays their fair share? Do you have access to income and earning records, or will you just take people at their word? Identity doesn't have an IRS as far as I know.

I applaud your harsh stance on criminal behavior, though I don't believe it will deter anyone from committing to a life of crime. Criminals clearly won't be paying their taxes. Will the money or product recovered from these criminals be returned to their original owners, or will they be placed in the government funds? Will the fines charged to the criminals also end up in the government funds like taxes? 

If you've stuck with me this long, you're definitely committed. You did ask me to point out the specifics that bother me, and I did so. If I have a question or concern about something, odds are others do as well. I honestly didn't mean to rip apart your policies, and I apologize if it seems that way as that was not my intention. I am very politically active in real life and truly enjoy political discussions, so I do tend to get carried away. I realize that this is just a game, but I am still just as passionate about fictitious politics as I am real politics. 

You are definitely one of the first politicians I noticed. You are very active and responsive, are open to change and new ideas, and that is a big bonus. You also accept responsibility for poor choices and have accountability that others lack, and that's another big bonus. You also have a well developed and organized political plan that is easy to follow, and that helps greatly when you're attempting to get a feel for the candidate. 

Again, I apologize if I came off as harsh in my criticism. I tried to address my concerns as respectfully as possible, though I may have failed in this. Provided some of my questions are cleared up, and perhaps some changes are made, you may well have my endorsement.   

Edited by Kaitlyn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kaitlyn said:

As a well armed American myself, I have issue with being told that I'm only allowed one. Provided you have a clean criminal record and obey the laws, you should be able to own whatever you choose, and however many you are willing to buy and can afford. One option isn't enough, especially in a game like this - I may be killed and my firearm stolen, and because I don't have another to fall back on, I have to wait until I can afford another to be able to protect myself. This leaves me in vulnerable position.

This also doesn't address gun ownership clearly. Is this protection limited to private property only? Private property in this game is the safest of all places, and protection in your private home isn't something that is really required - it's out in public that it is needed. My home is safe, my business and activities outside of my home are very dangerous. Will open or concealed carry be allowed in public places?

Another question revolves around whether you support stand-your-ground or duty-to-retreat. Am I allowed to defend myself when I need to, and what will be viewed as justifiable homicide in the case where I'm forced to defend myself? I plan to own a business, and will regularly be in public places as well as my place of business. Will I be allowed to defend my business property as well?

In America we are a Constitutional Republic. Elected officials are elected to represent the people, and do so within the laws of the constitution. We also get to vote in or out the bills we support or reject. What you're suggesting is quite the opposite of this. Yes, you did state that "voting will still exist," however you also stated that "the leader gives the final yes or no."

Basically you're offering the illusion of choice though there really isn't any. The people may vote in favor of something, and you are within your rights to turn around and reject it because you as an individual don't support it - a total dictatorship. The same may happen in reverse, say a tax rate increase - the people vote to reject the increase, though since you are actually the one to decide what is accepted or rejected, you turn around and accept and implement the tax rate increase that everyone else rejected. This is rather distressing to think about. 

Also, you don't currently have a clear set constitution defining the laws you claim you will abide by. While it does seem you are developing something as you speak with your citizens, learn and grow, it's difficult to support someone claiming to abide by a constitution that isn't agreed upon and one that changes frequently. What I agree to support you for may be wiped away tomorrow.

Is healthcare something that will be forced on the populace, or will it be an option? Will you be fining people for not purchasing it, similar to the AHCA fiasco? Also, who exactly insures this healthcare, the government? You won't even have any competition to compete with, and you'll basically be forcing your citizens to buy your product. Being forced to do something never works out well - you need to provide the option and not force it.

I will be running a business and will require resources to make my business work. Does this mean that if my business isn't part of your 'central plan' I can effectively be snuffed out due to a lack of resources? If say I intend to make high quality materials and clothing, but a competitor plans to make cheap, mass produced clothing, they'll be entitled to the resources rather than me? I don't have an issue with using resources wisely, however to monopolize and pull resources from people that you don't deem worthy of them isn't something I'm a fan of.

I have issue with government own businesses, especially when these businesses are necessary and have a guaranteed market. You're basically taking the best businesses for yourself and declaring that no one else is allowed to compete with you. To build a healthy economy you need competition to ensure prices stay low and aren't stagnant. Allowing competitors with the knowledge and experience to make these businesses work will help the economy as a whole. 

Again the 'central plan' is mentioned, and you claim that businesses have to follow your particular plan for production and hiring. It sounds more like you plan to run a large corporation rather than lead the people. The people should not be treated like just another resource at your disposal. Also, you state that you will create laws, regulations and directives to enforce the central plan, however as you've stated previously, the people really won't have any say in what laws, regulations and directives are implemented. 

I can definitely see offering incentives to meet the needs you set forth, leading people to be more inclined to follow your plan and help you meet your goals, but outright forcing them to will only create an angry populace. If people are forced to adhere to your vision, and not allowed the freedom to follow their own plan, you'll have a lot of bankrupt businesses and many citizens moving to find somewhere that allows them to. 

Again, I have problems with the government destroying what it deems is unnecessary or unworthy - it literally makes me shiver. I don't need my government telling me what I do or do not need. If there is consumer demand for something that is legal, this demand should be allowed to be met - you'll still profit off of the taxes accrued through these businesses.  A shadow economy or black market should never develop for legal products, and is a sign of a very sick economy. Not only will it negatively impact your approval and your economy, but you will also lose the ability to profit off of the demand.

You're also claiming that you will "assign" people to specific jobs and demand that they do them. The only people who can do that are your employers and military leaders. The people are neither your employees nor your soldiers. However, if you give your people something worth fighting for, they'll do it willingly.

Again, incentives should be used to lead people to particular jobs, not a government mandate. These incentives can be anything from tax cuts, startup funds, monthly incentives, housing assistance, free insurance coverage, etc. If you want to be truly successful, you need to lead people where you want them to go, not herd them there like a bunch of cattle.

While I agree that the 10% tax across the board is probably the fairest way, and I really don't even have issue with the additional 10% tax on businesses, but how exactly will you ensure that everyone pays their fair share? Do you have access to income and earning records, or will you just take people at their word? Identity doesn't have an IRS as far as I know.

I applaud your harsh stance on criminal behavior, though I don't believe it will deter anyone from committing to a life of crime. Criminals clearly won't be paying their taxes. Will the money or product recovered from these criminals be returned to their original owners, or will they be placed in the government funds? Will the fines charged to the criminals also end up in the government funds like taxes? 

If you've stuck with me this long, you're definitely committed. You did ask me to point out the specifics that bother me, and I did so. If I have a question or concern about something, odds are others do as well. I honestly didn't mean to rip apart your policies, and I apologize if it seems that way as that was not my intention. I am very politically active in real life and truly enjoy political discussions, so I do tend to get carried away. I realize that this is just a game, but I am still just as passionate about fictitious politics as I am real politics. 

You are definitely one of the first politicians I noticed. You are very active and responsive, are open to change and new ideas, and that is a big bonus. You also accept responsibility for poor choices and have accountability that others lack, and that's another big bonus. You also have a well developed and organized political plan that is easy to follow, and that helps greatly when you're attempting to get a feel for the candidate. 

Again, I apologize if I came off as harsh in my criticism. I tried to address my concerns as respectfully as possible, though I may have failed in this. Provided some of my questions are cleared up, and perhaps some changes are made, you may well have my endorsement.   

This is the GREATEST RESPONSE I have seen in my entire campaign! I asked for your input and you gave it directly, it's also nice to know you enjoy politics just as much as I do! I am (with others) adjusting my campaign and I wish to be informed and couseled by wise people such as yourself! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE MY CAMPAIGN MANAGER? Together we could come up with foundations for The Royal Family and present a campaign education people such as yourself would be comfortable with!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

This is the GREATEST RESPONSE I have seen in my entire campaign! I asked for your input and you gave it directly, it's also nice to know you enjoy politics just as much as I do! I am (with others) adjusting my campaign and I wish to be informed and couseled by wise people such as yourself! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE MY CAMPAIGN MANAGER? Together we could come up with foundations for The Royal Family and present a campaign education people such as yourself would be comfortable with!

I am happy to offer help and guidance where needed. I'm not sure how well being a business owner and campaign manager for the governor would work out, at least not without the suggestion of corruption, but I'll give it a go. I intend to be transparent as a business anyway. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kaitlyn said:

I am happy to offer help and guidance where needed. I'm not sure how well being a business owner and campaign manager for the governor would work out, at least not without the suggestion of corruption, but I'll give it a go. I intend to be transparent as a business anyway. 

Perfect, I feel as though you'll be FAIR...a keyword in my campaign! I see it best that you provide me the EXACT laws, policies, etc that you stand for! I'll overlook them, amend what I must, and present them in my campaign!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LuciousTimes said:

Perfect, I feel as though you'll be FAIR...a keyword in my campaign! I see it best that you provide me the EXACT laws, policies, etc that you stand for! I'll overlook them, amend what I must, and present them in my campaign!

I will see what I can come up with, though it will take time. My response alone took a few hours (of course I was occasionally distracted). I do work a lot, though I'll try and have something for you in about a week. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kaitlyn said:

I will see what I can come up with, though it will take time. My response alone took a few hours (of course I was occasionally distracted). I do work a lot, though I'll try and have something for you in about a week. 

Sounds like a plan!

• Like 2

On 5/7/2017 at 11:52 PM, LuciousTimes said:

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE MY CAMPAIGN MANAGER?

@FatherOfLoyalty Sounds like you've just been replaced, bud. Sorry to hear that.

Oh, and @Kaitlyn, what an excellent written post. I knew something was wrong with @LuciousTimes. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Too much politics for me. :P But I'm glad someone addressed these concerns. Pretty much agreed with you on every point.

Be careful, and stand your ground. Don't let him control you. ;) 

Edited by Norway174

2 hours ago, Norway174 said:

@FatherOfLoyalty Sounds like you've just been replaced, bud. Sorry to hear that.

Oh, and @Kaitlyn, what an excellent written post. I knew something was wrong with @LuciousTimes. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Too much politics for me. :P But I'm glad someone addressed these concerns. Pretty much agreed with you on every point.

No apologies needed, I personally asked if someone would take over as the primary campaign manager, I simply didn't have the time to respond to everything...for I am of great age!

But let me say this: Lucious is the fairest politician on the forums and the greatest things about him is that he listens to every single person and changes his policies or laws accordingly.  After every criticized statement Lucious changes his policies for the better. If you want something changed, just ask, I'm almost positive he'll have a long debate about it with you to test how strong you support your opinion and then he'll agree with you and change it to your liking!  Lucious is a good man, instead of being hard on him just talk to him! It'll turn out good I promise! 

2 hours ago, Norway174 said:

In my eyes, @FatherOfLoyalty is my RP father! I'd never cross him, and as he said...if you want ask, we'll discuss and you'll receive! 

• Like 1

Sorry, real life emergencies came up this weekend so I haven't had time to develop anything this week. My schedule is very unpredictable, unfortunately.   @LuciousTimes what is your new proposal?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaitlyn said:

Sorry, real life emergencies came up this weekend so I haven't had time to develop anything this week. My schedule is very unpredictable, unfortunately.   @LuciousTimes what is your new proposal?

You're very wise, very aware of what needs to be done! You understand how to approach people...and all around I just love your personality! I'd like to get to know you more, on more of a personal RP level. I'd like to get to know the real Kaitlyn and I'd like for you to get to know the real Lucious Times. If you'll allow me the honor, I'd be more than happy to RP dating you right over this here topic in front of everyone. You'll of course be free to ask anything about me (Lucious) and I hope you'll allow me to do the same vise versa. It's rare in America to see a political leader without a strong wise partner at their side and I'd like to follow that. If I am being too forward please be direct in telling me so, but if you are okay with what I ask you would make me very happy!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

You're very wise, very aware of what needs to be done! You understand how to approach people...and all around I just love your personality! I'd like to get to know you more, on more of a personal RP level. I'd like to get to know the real Kaitlyn and I'd like for you to get to know the real Lucious Times. If you'll allow me the honor, I'd be more than happy to RP dating you right over this here topic in front of everyone. You'll of course be free to ask anything about me (Lucious) and I hope you'll allow me to do the same vise versa. It's rare in America to see a political leader without a strong wise partner at their side and I'd like to follow that. If I am being too forward please be direct in telling me so, but if you are okay with what I ask you would make me very happy!

How rare and greatly unique! This is the first time in Identity history a citizen has proposed a relationship with another citizen! May this day, May 13th 2017 be marked in Identity history... @Motown this is recognizable, please be obliged to commend this! @Kaitlyn dear, I'm am very old in real life as is my role playing character and I always have loved seeing a nice young lady meet a man worth her time. You're a great woman, so please hear Lucious out and test these new waters he proposes.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2017 at 5:18 PM, LuciousTimes said:

In my eyes, @FatherOfLoyalty is my RP father! I'd never cross him, and as he said...if you want ask, we'll discuss and you'll receive! 

Good to hear son, good to hear!

• Like 1

Despite the fact that this did take me by surprise, I am happy to give us a chance. Keep in mind, however, that in RL and RP I tend to be rather reserved and modest. I'm definitely not one who finds enjoyment in talking about myself, nor am I much of a flirt. I do tend to be rather loud and opinionated in areas I'm passionate about, though otherwise you'll barely know I'm there. 

If you are willing to give it a try, I am too. 

• Like 1

Despite the fact that this did take me by surprise, I am happy to give us a chance. Keep in mind, however, that in RL and RP I tend to be rather reserved and modest. I'm definitely not one who finds enjoyment in talking about myself, nor am I much of a flirt. I do tend to be rather loud and opinionated in areas I'm passionate about, though otherwise you'll barely know I'm there. 

If you are willing to give it a try, I am too. 

That's amazing, when I ask questions I'm asking about your RP, not necessarily you in RL. I wouldn't want you to express things publicly about yourself. So to start...what's your full name and where are you from?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

That's amazing, when I ask questions I'm asking about your RP, not necessarily you in RL. I wouldn't want you to express things publicly about yourself. So to start...what's your full name and where are you from?

My full name is Kaitlyn Brekke O'Brien, and I come from the USA state of New Mexico, though born and raised in Colorado. 

• Like 1

My full name is Kaitlyn Brekke O'Brien, and I come from the USA state of New Mexico, though born and raised in Colorado. 

I like your middle name, my full name is Lucious Lee Times and I'm from Los Angeles, California. But, I was born and raised the majority of my childhood in Hawaii. My grandfather is from Clovis, New Mexico. Big time boxer and track star he was! 

4 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

@Kaitlyn looking in the long run of your life, would you ever see marriage as a part of it?

Perhaps, though I've never really thought much about it. I've had to rely on myself for everything for most of my life, so I'm accustomed to being rather independent, and living life on my own terms. I am not against it, though I feel it would take quite a bit of time for me to open up to the idea. 

Edited by Kaitlyn
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kaitlyn said:

Perhaps, though I've never really thought much about it. I've had to rely on myself for everything for most of my life, so I'm accustomed to being rather independent, and living life on my own terms. I am not against it, though I feel it would take quite a bit of time for me to open up to the idea. 

That's quite commendable, I couldn't ever be with a woman that wasn't independent! After my last wife was killed due to me always trying to protect her and not letting her be independent I realized people need to be independent in order to survive! 

• Like 1