LuciousTimes

Mr. Lucious Times For Governor ( The Royal Family Party )

"Excuse me, Mr. @LuciousTimes
You don't know me yet, Special Agent Zoey Anderson. I'm here on unofficial business. Don't worry.

I have a question for you. About your campaign.
 This quote I believe you said in one your speeches."

On 1/31/2017 at 5:12 AM, LuciousTimes said:

Justice: "Eye for an Eye", what one man does to another illegally the government will have done to him. For example, you steal from a man. Whatever the worth of the items you stole the government will take from you and give to the one you stole from. You kill a man with no regard, the government will kill you with no regard.

"Surely this is a terrible idea, Mr. @LuciousTimes? Two wrongs doesn't make a right.
Or what do you say?"

2 hours ago, Norway174 said:

"Excuse me, Mr. @LuciousTimes
You don't know me yet, Special Agent Zoey Anderson. I'm here on unofficial business. Don't worry.

I have a question for you. About your campaign.
 This quote I believe you said in one your speeches."

"Surely this is a terrible idea, Mr. @LuciousTimes? Two wrongs doesn't make a right.
Or what do you say?"

Nice to meet you Agent Anderson! I'm not aware of whether you're religious or not, I wouldn't know that unless you confessed that information about yourself. I confess that I am religious and with that I believe that what you give you should be given in return, whether it's good or bad! You say to wrongs doesn't make a right and you are definitely correct, but to ME I don't see it as a wrong when the government corrects the individual by showing them how hurtful what they do can be! A man steals an $8,000 necklace your grandmother gave to you, he gets caught and is then thrown in prison where the government must care for him out of taxes you pay, and then after some time he's back out into the world again! To ME that's a waste of taxes and time! I say the government posseses items of the criminal equal to the value of the stolen property and grant that to the victim on top of having her stolen property returned! That's fair, I don't see it as wrong when the government is making things fair! I feel placing someone in prison on tax dollars and then releasing them is wrong!  That's just my opinion, but how do you feel about that? 

• Like 1

"Mr. @LuciousTimes,

First off, let me say, I respect your opinions and views.
But, I feel like you're missing the big picture.

Everyone has their reasons, I should know.
And some, are just psychopaths.

If someone steals a car, and you take their car away. Then they're no better off than before they stole the other car. Actually, they're worse off.
Which only compels them to do it again. Because maybe they're desperate? Who knows? Everyone has their reasons.

Would it not be much better, if we as a society, helped them? Instead of locking them up, or as you propose, make them worse off than they were before.
And thus, make them a better citizen, and help them become productive members of society?

Even major crimes, like murder. Locking them up, or execution doesn't help anyone. But giving them therapy, helping them, make them realize what they did was wrong. And make them productive members of society, in the long term, everyone will benefit.

I'd like to think we're not in the stone ages anymore, and execution should never be a valid option, in my opinion.

And to answer your question, Mr. @LuciousTimes, no. I am not religious."

On 4/20/2017 at 10:16 PM, LuciousTimes said:

7 minutes ago, Norway174 said:

"Mr. @LuciousTimes,

If someone steals a car, and you take their car away. Then they're no better off than before they stole the other car. Actually, they're worse off.
Which only compels them to do it again. Because maybe they're desperate? Who knows? Everyone has their reasons.

Would it not be much better, if we as a society, helped them? Instead of locking them up, or as you propose, make them worse off than they were before.
And thus, make them a better citizen, and help them become productive members of society?

Even major crimes, like murder. Locking them up, or execution doesn't help anyone. But giving them therapy, helping them, make them realize what they did was wrong. And make them productive members of society, in the long term, everyone will benefit.

I'd like to think we're not in the stone ages anymore, and execution should never be a valid option, in my opinion.

We must also keep in mind that this is a game people will be playing and they will commit crimes simply because they think that particular part is fun to them. When the game comes out, I'm sure there will undoubtedly and unfortunately be a large amount of crime being committed.

11 minutes ago, Norway174 said:

"Mr. @LuciousTimes,

@Deadman hit the nail on head! That's exactly where I was headed! In real life what you're saying is true, we would want to help them instead of place them in a worst position! However,  the people playing the game are role playing with interest in being criminals for the fun of it and I can't allow that so...that's why the harshest exist!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Deadman said:

Actually maybe @LuciousTimes plan will deter people from commiting crimes as they will find out there are consequences to their ingame actions would work better than what you suggested

5 minutes ago, Deadman said:
9 minutes ago, Deadman said:

Actually maybe @LuciousTimes plan will deter people from commiting crimes as they will find out there are consequences to their ingame actions would work better than what you suggested

Exactly!!! Deadman you are very analytical!

• Like 2

(( I guess we're breaking character then. Or the fourth-wall. :P I was just RPing as my character here. Who had some concerns. I know full well it's a game, and people are going to commit crimes for fun, and it's because it's a game. And we're going to be there to try and stop them. All fun and games. But that shouldn't mean could at least try and RP a little realistically.

And, really, I don't think that many criminals are going to surrender either way. So all in all, I think it's gonna be a very little used system. So it probably doesn't even matter all that much.))

Edited by Norway174
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norway174 said:

(( I guess we're breaking character then. Or the fourth-wall. :P I was just RPing as my character here. Who had some concerns. I know full well it's a game, and people are going to commit crimes for fun, and it's because it's a game. And we're going to be there to try and stop them. All fun and games. But that shouldn't mean could at least try and RP a little realistically. ))

Lol, yes I try to do in places of taxes, drugs and so forth but when it comes to serious crime I'll need to fit the environment of the game! I'm gonna PM you!

• Like 2

People tend to grow very upset when either their allegations are criticisms of someone land in the favor of who they targeted! In that case I don't being the victim! 

• Like 2

49 Votes amongst approval and disapproval of the party! Approval stands in lead by 7, that's close, but is still leading. I am proud that you all see good and bad in the party. If there is something you want to criticize then criticize and I may listen and change. Always looking for advice and correction!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, njayminsim1115 said:

This is why I don't get into politics #1 the game isnt out yet! #2 so much spam and hate

True, but since I was very young I've loved it!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SireSplashy said:

Mr.Lucious, you have my vote if it's possible for me to gain a medium-wage paying job.

There's that and more!

• Like 2

@LuciousTimes

What will you do in terms of protecting the intellectual property of the companies on Identity? Will you introduce laws that allow companies to trademark their designs and logos to help keep the integrity of small and large businesses? These businesses will surely be an integral part of our economy, so it would be wise to help protect these businesses from destroying each other.

6 minutes ago, SupremeLeader said:

@LuciousTimes

What will you do in terms of protecting the intellectual property of the companies on Identity? Will you introduce laws that allow companies to trademark their designs and logos to help keep the integrity of small and large businesses? These businesses will surely be an integral part of our economy, so it would be wise to help protect these businesses from destroying each other.

Yes, companies will be required to copyright all things associated with their business! The copy right process will cost *small cost*, but be worth since no one will be able to use your product, logo, etc!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

Yes, companies will be required to copyright all things associated with their business! The copy right process will cost *small cost*, but be worth since no one will be able to use your product, logo, etc!

Good to hear! 

So far, I can say you have my support.

However, I do have one concern. Do you think it's deterring people from becoming business-owners when you put a 10% tax on income, but then ANOTHER 10% on business revenue? It seems like you are essentially placing a 20% tax on business-owners, and a 10% tax on everyone else.

5 minutes ago, SupremeLeader said:

Good to hear! 

So far, I can say you have my support.

However, I do have one concern. Do you think it's deterring people from becoming business-owners when you put a 10% tax on income, but then ANOTHER 10% on business revenue? It seems like you are essentially placing a 20% tax on business-owners, and a 10% tax on everyone else.

Ahh, see it's 10% tax on business profit! After all employees have been, products have been bought, etc! Depending on what a business reports as profit a business could almost no tax!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

Ahh, see it's 10% tax on business profit! After all employees have been, products have been bought, etc! Depending on what a business reports as profit a business could almost no tax!

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

However, I seem to have run into another concern.

In your post, you clearly are against the free market. Will you allow businesses to control their stock, and prices for their products? As my clothing line is a high-end brand, your apparent position on this is worrying at the least.

5 minutes ago, SupremeLeader said:

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

However, I seem to have run into another concern.

In your post, you clearly are against the free market. Will you allow businesses to control their stock, and prices for their products? As my clothing line is a high-end brand, your apparent position on this is worrying at the least.

Of course companies will manage their own prices and so forth, that's too much hassle for the state! However, I won't allow off brand items or reselling in another store! If it's Supreme Clothing it's only sold out of a Supreme Clothing store and garage sales, not another store! I want to keep the people's loyalty towards the businesses they attend! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

Of course companies will manage their own prices and so forth, that's too much hassle for the state! However, I won't allow off brand items or reselling in another store! If it's Supreme Clothing it's only sold out of a Supreme Clothing store and garage sales, not another store! I want to keep the people's loyalty towards the businesses they attend! 

However, you have stated something differently here:

On 1/31/2017 at 8:12 PM, LuciousTimes said:

Businesses follow the plan's production and hiring targets. They can't respond on their own to free market forces. 

Here, you state that the government regulates a businesses's production, and on top of that you state that businesses cannot respond to the free market.

10 minutes ago, SupremeLeader said:

However, you have stated something differently here:

Here, you state that the government regulates a businesses's production, and on top of that you state that businesses cannot respond to the free market.

Once the business establishes it's desires that's it, no changes may be made without consent of the state! Which if isn't ridiculous will be approved! 

• Like 1