Sign in to follow this  
Sicario

Community gets involved in development

Crowd funding and an investor's financial backing can only stretch so far in the development of a game like Identity. A revolutionary approach that aims to compete with MMORPG games out now or about to be released into the market. My idea would be to get the community more involved in the production process of Identity; a game that requires its players to be fully immersed. So far, from a community involvement aspect, we've met the goal of pledging over $180,000 towards this project. Sure, this is nowhere near enough to complete the game in it's entirety with all that's involved, but apart from that and filling the forums with ideas and suggestions we could contribute in more ways than one!

Think of it like literally turning Identity into a game being for the community, about the community and by the community. This would also be a convenient and inexpensive way to outsource some of the workload and in turn get people's work seen in a game they're invested in. I'm sure both yourself @Paratus and @Motown wouldn't mind lightening the load by delegating tasks to people interested in or who're qualified; artists, 3D model artists, voice actors, project team leaders or members and the several other roles that are likely to be needed in the future. The (I suspect thousands of) assets or work created for Identity would be owned by Asylum of course, but credit will be given to the respective community members who end up being part of the 'team'. If at a later stage certain contributors are churning out the goods, they could possibly be paid for their hard work.

This is just a thought I had and I totally understand that for proprietary reasons not just anyone can have access or be permitted to do certain things; but if the community is engaged in a way that has never been done before in an MMORPG game like this, then it'd be a win-win and a game changer in more ways than one!

• Like 1

its a nice thought yes, but you would think they want everything to be perfect. and using work developed by unknown sources might not be the way they want to head.

but hey, anythings possible

One crowd-funded game that I follow that I really really love is Star Citizen because they are just so involved in their forums and community advice; I hope Identity can get that kind of funding and gets the dev team it wishes to have

@Motown , @Paratus . I literally just spent $180 on a studio quality mic for the sole purpose of voice acting. If I can make it in as an NPC or Tutorial voice over or some radio station DJ, then 

66300493.jpg

(P.S. I'm literally free. I will actually pay you to include me as a voice actor xD)