fataldutch

Is this a joke?

Is this the video we have needed to wait a year for,? the video that needed to be posted on absolutely last minute because to show off what? player housing that isnt even finished? this video is LITERALLY exactly the same as the trailer apart from a few very minor features which aren't even fantastic. When will we see something about the world, cars, clothes different houses fuck anything. I'ts almost as you guys are just trying to keep the game alive with so called 'progress' to get more people to pay money. huge dissappointment for me.

Edited by fataldutch
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, fataldutch said:

Is this the video we have needed to wait a year for,? the video that needed to be posted on absolutely last minute because to show off what? player housing that isnt even finished? this video is LITERALLY exactly the same as the trailer apart from a few very minor features which aren't even fantastic. When will we see something about the world, cars, clothes different houses fuck anything. I'ts almost as you guys are just trying to keep the game alive with so called 'progress' to get more people to pay money. huge dissappointment for me.

You don't need to wait for anything. Leave the forums so us people who care about the game can enjoy the new footage. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Hanshi-Toshiro said:

I can agree. After two years I wished for more. 

Don't agree with him if you agreed with me in pm about what I said because they are the opposite of each other. (pm: The Video) yeah.. that conversation.

51 minutes ago, fataldutch said:

Ok firstly, the kickstarter video was the video of when this project was as a concept and not actually in full development as they were just selling the concept to us. Secondly games are never normally announced before being atleast 2 years in development when they give a trailer. This trailer is a teaser as such to the game itself and should not be seen as a full on trailer other than to one big feature to the game.

Everyone who has been waiting knew in some way the first video they would release was purely on the housing customisation features only, as it was to show the full potential on that feature/ area. I would not expect a big "trailer" like you want to be before the 2 year development mark and I think a lot of the players waiting for the game would clearly agree on that.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Hanshi-Toshiro said:

@JamesLuck01 their is a difference between "I can agree" and "I agree". I'm not hating, if I didn't care I woudlvnt have put so much time in. They could've done better. 

actually true, xD my mistake. but Do you agree to what I said to this post creator? 

and I can say they could have done so much better yea but people was rushing them to get it out when they was working on other features.

Edited by JamesLuck01

You must remember also we talking about a Dev team of 9 some have other jobs to commit to.

• Like 2

No real gameplay, unfortunately showing a set of rooms and a placement interface doesn't constitute anything all that remarkable. I am sorry to be negative, I think I just want this to be real (and see real progress) yet I am not seeing anything that provides that confidence yet. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CosmicTony said:

No real gameplay, unfortunately showing a set of rooms and a placement interface doesn't constitute anything all that remarkable. I am sorry to be negative, I think I just want this to be real (and see real progress) yet I am not seeing anything that provides that confidence yet. 

Like James said above, the game has only been in development for about a year. It takes time to perfect major functions of the game, and expecting them to finish it that quickly would be unfair, in my opinion. I believe that time can only make the game better, so I have no problem waiting. Not an attack on you, but just be courteous, as they're only a 9-person team and seem to be putting in a great amount of effort into developing the game. :) 

• Like 2

In my opinion, I believe they delivered on what they said they were going to put out.

They said that the video that was coming is a 'Housing video' that shows off housing features; which they did. 

I don't believe they under-delivered.

They also showed us the third person perspective (without really announcing it, I just think it's worth noting that the feature was in there) and intractability with the environment.

Had they said this video was going to be a full fledged gameplay video, then I would have been disappointed; but the devs delivered what they promised... A housing video, and it was pretty cool!

• Like 3

Imagine spending 1-2 years crafting something just to get comments like "Is this a joke?". Game development takes time and needs support and patience, not comments like this.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, fataldutch said:

When will we see something about the world, cars, clothes different houses fuck anything.

Identity's Town Square, a closed-off section of the Ash Hill city center, gives you a sneak peak at some of the items you've received from pledging to Identity. With a few dozen people per town square server, you can hang out and play games with other Identity fans while waiting on future modules and the full Identity world.

^this what we get at 2017

world, cars - 2018 and later

Edited by NskDen
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, NskDen said:

Identity's Town Square, a closed-off section of the Ash Hill city center, gives you a sneak peak at some of the items you've received from pledging to Identity. With a few dozen people per town square server, you can hang out and play games with other Identity fans while waiting on future modules and the full Identity world.

^this what we get at 2017

Since when did they say 2018

5 minutes ago, NskDen said:

is supposition

Alright cool I heard they said at the latest february for the first module, they want to release the game by 2017 though, but of course we'll see

Edited by Buckets

I was happy to finally see something. I did expect more but i am satisfied with what i got. Though I really didn't like the music on the radio :P

with a team of 9 it's gonna take a while, we have other games to play in the meantime, just hakuna ur tatas and give them time to work on it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NskDen said:

not really, the first module yeah 2017 but after that, the s.w.a.t module will follow shortly after and then the racing module which all should be 2017 and beta could also be December 2017 or early 2018 which the full map will be shown in beta. (cars in racing module).

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

not really, the first module yeah 2017 but after that, the s.w.a.t module will follow shortly after and then the racing module which all should be 2017 and beta could also be December 2017 or early 2018 which the full map will be shown in beta. (cars in racing module).

If this modules so small, then you probably right 

There is actually a lot more shown there than it might look.  If you have experience in game development at all, you know how long each thing takes.  The amount of effort required to even do minor things, like having a lamp be placed near an outlet is crazy.  This is actually the first bit of actual gameplay, and I'm actually surprised how advanced this is before the first version of the game is even released.

I mean, what do you want them to show us? They've made it clear how they want to wait for everything to be finished before they show anything, and I doubt the Town Square is finished being created.  Most of the features this game will have will look pretty plain and boring to just show on video, they've explained what it is going to be, and I think to get the full wow factor they actually have to be tried out by you to get any better experience.

I got a lot from this video, the fact that there is both first and third person views, the design of the characters, the quality of the graphics, radios, tvs that actually work, which is pretty amazing really, computer software, really good lighting physics and shadows etc.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TakeiT said:

There is actually a lot more shown there than it might look.  If you have experience in game development at all, you know how long each thing takes.  The amount of effort required to even do minor things, like having a lamp be placed near an outlet is crazy.  This is actually the first bit of actual gameplay, and I'm actually surprised how advanced this is before the first version of the game is even released.

I mean, what do you want them to show us? They've made it clear how they want to wait for everything to be finished before they show anything, and I doubt the Town Square is finished being created.  Most of the features this game will have will look pretty plain and boring to just show on video, they've explained what it is going to be, and I think to get the full wow factor they actually have to be tried out by you to get any better experience.

I got a lot from this video, the fact that there is both first and third person views, the design of the characters, the quality of the graphics, radios, tvs that actually work, which is pretty amazing really, computer software, really good lighting physics and shadows etc.

This comment summarizes everything that I'm thinking. For a 9-person team, the things they've accomplished is actually quite outstanding.

1 hour ago, TakeiT said:

True, and they complete more then they show in this video (karaoke system for example)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, fataldutch said:

I'd like to apologize in advance for what comes next:

You my friend are a moron, Identity is an MMO ....one more time just so you can't claim you missed it.....Identity is an MMO......okay are we clear on that now? The average mmo can take anywhere between three to five years to develop, so the fact that you are seeing footage in a year AND taking into account that Asylum only have nine people working on it full time, is actually pretty amazing.

Try doing some simple research before posting maybe?

Now granted, Identity will not need much voice acting, it will also not need the traditional quests either, so some time will be saved there. But take into account the systems like jobs & careers etc, I'd imagine anyone who expects to see this hit launch before 2018 is going to be disappointed. Now try to remember Fataldutch........NOT a single player game right? it's an mmo.

• Like 4