Calico

A way to regulate the criminal population?

At this point, it seems there will be way more criminals than there are regular civilians. Will there be a way to regulate this?

This is just how it will work. This why it will always be hard to create a serious RP server even if it is jobs for different citizens such as pizza delivery or somewhat near there.

It is not easy to be able to control the flow of crime and justice due this is a life where you can do whatever you want ( exceeding to the limit of the rules that is )

But economy and money is always a way to control people so of course there will be a small difference. But then again it is all depending on the limit of "criminal jobs" and taking what I have read into my theory here. I will probably say that there won't by a limit to "criminal jobs " considering it is hardcore RP stating that if you are a criminal in real life you don't have a tag stating you are a criminal. You are a citizen and you can commit crime either loud or "stealth" saying stealth due it is a cute word.

I believe the justice system will have a strong hand in the official servers with judges, jury, guard/s and so on. It would be cool if you had to go to a class to be able to "upgrade" this is an idea but they will do this via time  used on these departments ( politics, justice go from low level judge to a high state judge ) 

However, criminals will operate differently under alias and subsidiary companies for an example operating as a department manager accountant in a company that is operated by criminal investors and so on ! It is so big and scary! How everyone might be a criminal but works under the same roof!

Anyhow everything I have stated here is theory based some might be taken out of quotes from the developers but some is just a theory based off my ideals of how this will work out.

Also remember that the economy is shit and hard, like really-really hard. So criminals needs to gang up or something as they most likely will just disappear after a while and go into normal activities due the pressure of politics, economy and tax results.

• Like 2

There will likely be a good deal of criminals in identity, but by looking through the forums it seems to me that there is also a sizeable amount of people that don't really want a part in that and want to do other things like being an entrepreneur or trucker or things like that. There was also a poll once on the twitter page about what people wanted to do in identity and the three categories were criminal, civilian and law enforcement. The results were 30 something percent for criminal 30 something percent for civilian and about 25 percent for law enforcement, so judging by that it looks like there will be a nice balance!

• Like 2

My solution for the problem would be to give cops more money depending on how much criminal activity is going on, which could be calculated by the server and not by players (since many crimes will go un-noticed by the players). So if there are much criminal activity, more people will want to play as cops since it gives them more money.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ubbe said:

My solution for the problem would be to give cops more money depending on how much criminal activity is going on, which could be calculated by the server and not by players (since many crimes will go un-noticed by the players). So if there are much criminal activity, more people will want to play as cops since it gives them more money.

I like this idea - Maybe there could be a crime activity to non-crime activity ratio. So, not just cops get paid more but the average joe delivering pizzas would get paid more as well for doing legal money making activities. It would be a way to balance out community activities. 

• Like 2

if server a or b has too many criminals all non criminal players will leave and join another server. if the criminals join the same starts. someday there will either only be criminals or the criminals will get fucked by someone who played too much cs go. that's how it works. if there are only criminals identity wouldn't be fun at all because i'll play it to have fun and not to play another cops and robbers shooter (i don't care about it's core. the core doesn't care at all. they want to create a damn life simulator mmorpg, not another 08/15 call of duty shooter)

39 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

if server a or b has too many criminals all non criminal players will leave and join another server. if the criminals join the same starts. someday there will either only be criminals or the criminals will get fucked by someone who played too much cs go. that's how it works. if there are only criminals identity wouldn't be fun at all because i'll play it to have fun and not to play another cops and robbers shooter (i don't care about it's core. the core doesn't care at all. they want to create a damn life simulator mmorpg, not another 08/15 call of duty shooter)

I agree with you

21 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

I doubt it will become as bad as a "cops and robbers shooter", but if it would it wouldn't really affect the gameplay of the civilans on the server, apart from multiple stores and civilans getting robbed. That's the beauti of a game like this, civilians can do whatever they want while criminals and cops can do their thing. I also think that the amount of criminals will decrese a few months after release once all the killing machine players gets bored by getting banned (since I guess RDM is not allowed even as criminals).

1 hour ago, Ubbe said:

I doubt it will become as bad as a "cops and robbers shooter", but if it would it wouldn't really affect the gameplay of the civilans on the server, apart from multiple stores and civilans getting robbed. That's the beauti of a game like this, civilians can do whatever they want while criminals and cops can do their thing. I also think that the amount of criminals will decrese a few months after release once all the killing machine players gets bored by getting banned (since I guess RDM is not allowed even as criminals).

yep. and if: the devs can add tanks for the cops that aren't steal, destroy or driveable by anything except cops and that does no damage to cops or civilians ;)

6 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

yep. and if: the devs can add tanks for the cops that aren't steal, destroy or driveable by anything except cops and that does no damage to cops or civilians ;)

Or just give the cops more money depending on how much crime there is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ubbe said:

Or just give the cops more money depending on how much crime there is.

you mean like to spend the money on full body armor that armors the entire body (even the head) to make the player immune to damage?

@Shimozukachi

Not really, I'm gonna quote myself here :)

On 2016-09-01 at 7:00 PM, Ubbe said:

Sorry to say @Ubbe, but I'm slightly sceptical about your idea. It all depends on how jobs work. Imo, it shouldn't be that easy to just from job to job, there should be dedicated people doing certain jobs, who are experienced, and don't just hop into the job when it's paying well. If your system was in place, and you could just hop into the police job, (similar to games such as dark RP and perp on Gmod), When there are lots of criminals and police get paid a lot, assuming criminals could become cops (extremely unlikely if they have been caught previously), some criminals might decide it's a better deal to be a cop will become a cop. If a lot of people do this, there will be more cops than criminals, so cops will get paid less, and it will be a better deal to be a criminal, you can see the pattern. If criminals are not allowed to be cops, which I'm guessing anyone who has a criminal record will definitely not be able to do, then I don't even think this idea would really make too much of a difference, as criminals would probably stay criminals, and as for people with normal jobs, I doubt they would want to ditch their shop just because they get paid more as a cop. I think if you get a  job, you should have working hours, and have to go to it every day or get fired, and maybe have a cooldown if you quit or get fired, stopping you from joining back soon after, or even maybe not let your current character go back to that job, although that's too extreme for some people.

It's also meant to be pretty realistic, and changing the pay of a cop depending on the ratio of criminals obviously isn't. I'm imagining they will make the pay for cops pretty close to how much cops get paid, probably the same as  the area the games main town is based in (which I can't remember the name of). If the cops pay is high enough, I think plenty of people will have an incentive to be a cop, and lot's of players would be one anyway. I do think criminals should be able to make more money, but it should be pretty easy to catch them, so there is high risk.

Sorry if this isn't structured too well, I just made it up as I went, but you probably know what I mean.

• Like 1

@ThatGuyJoe I completely agree that switching jobs shouldn't be very easy. But even if it takes one or two days to be able to switch jobs, that means that it will take one or two days before more cops start to roll in. And having more cops will make it harder for criminals. Yes, many people might not want to switch just because the money for cops is incresed, but there will be a handful of people who will.

I know that this isn't the only solution but I do think that it would be a nice feature just to make sure that that there are some balancing between the criminals and cops. Even tho I perfer realism over most things, I still think some things could be done to improve the gameplay, as in cops money balancing.

Edited by Ubbe
spelling

On 4.9.2016 at 9:21 PM, Ubbe said:

@ThatGuyJoe I completely agree that switching jobs shouldn't be very easy. But even if it takes one or two days to be able to switch jobs, that means that it will take one or two days before more cops start to roll in. And having more cops will make it harder for criminals. Yes, many people might not want to switch just because the money for cops is incresed, but there will be a handful of people who will.

I know that this isn't the only solution but I do think that it would be a nice feature just to make sure that that there are some balancing between the criminals and cops. Even tho I perfer realism over most things, I still think some things could be done to improve the gameplay, as in cops money balancing.

do you want a crime infected world (like gotham without batman) in that you have to wear a giant double barreled shotgun to defend yourself and to buy the most expensive lock thing for your car while you can't even afford anything at all?

The simple solution is just to regulate the flow of weapons. Guy walks up to you in an alley with a pistol, you're gonna freeze. Guy walks up to you with a knife, you're gonna run.

A sort of semi-realistic license system could solve that easily.

On 2016-09-06 at 0:58 AM, Shimozukachi said:

do you want a crime infected world (like gotham without batman) in that you have to wear a giant double barreled shotgun to defend yourself and to buy the most expensive lock thing for your car while you can't even afford anything at all?

I'm not really sure why you did that assumption. I just thought it would be a good idea to balance the cop-criminal ratio and this was my solution, but if you can think of a better one feel free to share your thoughts :)

11 hours ago, Ubbe said:

I'm not really sure why you did that assumption. I just thought it would be a good idea to balance the cop-criminal ratio and this was my solution, but if you can think of a better one feel free to share your thoughts :)

not again one of those. i've already written it down. if you can't understand it it's most probably because you didn't turn on your head. it will be identity, not darkrp 2.0

I also want to point out that weapons are difficult to get your hands on. Especially the more powerful guns. I know this as I am a weapons manufacturer. So that means that almost always, the police will have the better firearms in the fight. That means that criminals will be more inclined to avoid confrontations with police. If the server is public, the Devs have got admins who will regulate and ban users who do not follow the rules. Hopefully, this also applies to private servers.  

1 hour ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

I also want to point out that weapons are difficult to get your hands on. Especially the more powerful guns. I know this as I am a weapons manufacturer. So that means that almost always, the police will have the better firearms in the fight. That means that criminals will be more inclined to avoid confrontations with police. If the server is public, the Devs have got admins who will regulate and ban users who do not follow the rules. Hopefully, this also applies to private servers.  

I just hope that admins don't start banning people for killing police based on some stupid not following the rules bs. I mean if someone is just repetitively spawning in and just running over police for no reason then he's a troll and should be banned because thats annoying. However, if there is a gang that is angry at the police and is strong enough to carry out a full assault on a police station and murder half the cops that should be allowed. Some cops (which the admins usually are) get so butthurt that they get killed, that they just ban people that were good enough to win in a shootout (with the excuse that they are breaking RP or something). I hope that doesn't happen too much in game.

Edited by Frank
  • Like 2