Frank

Good enough specs?

Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy a new PC sometime in the near future to play identity and other games in the future. Do you know if I'll be able to play identity at a relatively high quality level with these specs?

Specs:

16 GB RAM

Nvidia gtx 960 graphics

Intel core i-7

It also would have 2 TB HDD and a 128 ssd. What do you think?

Edited by Frank

Those specs will be able to reach high graphics settings. If you wanted to, you could even get 8GB RAM instead of the 16 and upgrade your graphics card to either a gtx 970 or radeon r9 390, but that depends on if you are using the RAM for demanding tasks or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank said:

Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy a new PC sometime in the near future to play identity and other games in the future. Do you know if I'll be able to play identity at a relatively high quality level with these specs?

Specs:

16 GB RAM

Nvidia gtx 960 graphics

Intel core i-7

An i7 is unnecessary for just gaming, you should get the i5 6600k processor.  Also for your gpu wait until the EVGA gtx 1060 super clocked is back in stock, its only $260 and is 80% faster than the gtx 960.  Lastly you only need 8 gb of ram, but 16 wouldn't hurt  

6 minutes ago, Cstove said:

An i7 is unnecessary for just gaming, you should get the i5 6600k processor.  Also for your gpu wait until the EVGA gtx 1060 super clocked is back in stock, its only $260 and is 80% faster than the gtx 960.  Lastly you only need 8 gb of ram, but 16 wouldn't hurt  

I guess the GPU would be more important for good gaming than a slightly overkill ram and processor. The problem is I just want to buy an out of the box pc and they mostly come in strange configurations of the aforementioned specs.

4 minutes ago, Frank said:

I guess the GPU would be more important for good gaming than a slightly overkill ram and processor. The problem is I just want to buy an out of the box pc and they mostly come in strange configurations of the aforementioned specs.

What is your budget?

6 minutes ago, Cstove said:

What is your budget

Right now its about $1500 canadian. The thing im most worried about is being able to play well on a server with many people doing different things. I want to be able play on the high populated servers well when this game comes out. (Im not too sure which component here would help dictate this. [Server connection issues aside.])

6 minutes ago, Frank said:

Right now its about $1500 canadian. The thing im most worried about is being able to play well on a server with many people doing different things. I want to be able play on the high populated servers well when this game comes out. (Im not too sure which component here would help dictate this. [Server connection issues aside.])

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Z170-Core-i5-Configurator  Check this out I just customized a PC for you: Includes: Intel i5 6600k, Nvidia gtx 1060, 16 gb of ram.  It also comes with a free keyboard, mouse pad, wifi adapter, antivirus, and headset.  PRICE is $1119 US which equals to $1446 Canadian.  Right in your price range!  Im positive this PC will run Identity good!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cstove said:

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Z170-Core-i5-Configurator  Check this out I just customized a PC for you: Includes: Intel i5 6600k, Nvidia gtx 1060, 16 gb of ram.  It also comes with a free keyboard, mouse pad, wifi adapter, antivirus, and headset.  PRICE is $1119 US which equals to $1446 Canadian.  Right in your price range!  Im positive this PC will run Identity good!

I realize you will have to change some of the specs yourself as the link resets is from what i chose but all you have to do is scroll down through each section and select what you want,  there are many free upgrades you can choose.  Let me know if you have any questions

12 minutes ago, Cstove said:

I realize you will have to change some of the specs yourself as the link resets is from what i chose but all you have to do is scroll down through each section and select what you want,  there are many free upgrades you can choose.  Let me know if you have any questions

Thank you for showing me this, much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Tripnal said:

Intel Core i7 4790k 

16 GB RAM

MSI GTX 1070

Do you think this will be good enough?

Definitely at max setting and 60 FPS

Please use the search function to see if a similar topic has already been posted. Since Identity is still in early development we don't have the minimum and recommended specs quite yet, but if you can run Ark you will be able to run Identity.

• Like 2

I agree with the general consensus that you should get a better graphics card and perhaps drop back to an i5 instead. That's because the 960 would definitely be the weak point in your build and there is much better cards out there for not much more money. A 970 preferably, but if you have a few more hundred spare get the grand spanking new 1070. 

4 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

I agree with the general consensus that you should get a better graphics card and perhaps drop back to an i5 instead. That's because the 960 would definitely be the weak point in your build and there is much better cards out there for not much more money. A 970 preferably, but if you have a few more hundred spare get the grand spanking new 1070. 

A 970 is good, but the new 1060 is the best graphics card for your buck.  It's only $260 and is 80% faster than the 960

On 23.8.2016 at 4:09 AM, Frank said:

Hello everyone,

Specs:

16 GB RAM

Nvidia gtx 960 graphics

Intel core i-7

8 gb ram are enough

get yourself enough money for a gts 980

intel core i5 5000 or 6000 series is enough

if you use the ssd for your operating system and the hdd for everything else it's a fine combination