AtomicWaffle

System Requirement

13 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

@DrFelixPhD Okay, so the processor and GPU you have is fine for modest settings on all games, just don't expect fireworks, especially on the likes of triple A titles or poorly optimised titles. If you have any money spare though I recommend you switch to Intel, you won't regret it. AMD have been known to release tech which is cheaper than Intel, but at the same time run hotter and draw more power. For your RAM use 2x4gb not 1x8, as the modules will run in tandem then which is faster to load random memory than a single module. Everything else is fine, power supply should be enough and yes use the provided CPU cooler, just be careful if you overclock though. Good reviews on the mobo, which comes with the bigger price i suppose, has three PCI slots which is enough for all three of your GPU, sound card and wireless card. HOWEVER I found with my motherboard that my 970 covered up one of the slots meaning I essentially had 2 slots, not three. Your card will be smaller than mine though, so not to worry. Oh yes, is this a build to be sent off and assembled btw?

I designed it on a site that would build it for you, yes, however I'm planning on building it myself by buying the parts from AriaPC etc. I just found that there were far too many choices on PCPartPicker xD

15 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

@DrFelixPhD Okay, so the processor and GPU you have is fine for modest settings on all games, just don't expect fireworks, especially on the likes of triple A titles or poorly optimised titles. If you have any money spare though I recommend you switch to Intel, you won't regret it. AMD have been known to release tech which is cheaper than Intel, but at the same time run hotter and draw more power. For your RAM use 2x4gb not 1x8, as the modules will run in tandem then which is faster to load random memory than a single module. Everything else is fine, power supply should be enough and yes use the provided CPU cooler, just be careful if you overclock though. Good reviews on the mobo, which comes with the bigger price i suppose, has three PCI slots which is enough for all three of your GPU, sound card and wireless card. HOWEVER I found with my motherboard that my 970 covered up one of the slots meaning I essentially had 2 slots, not three. Your card will be smaller than mine though, so not to worry. Oh yes, is this a build to be sent off and assembled btw?

Although if you recommend switching to Intel, which CPU would be a good choice?

28 minutes ago, DrFelixPhD said:

Although if you recommend switching to Intel, which CPU would be a good choice?

Well if you switch to Intel you will also have to buy a different motherboard to support its socket. What's your budget for the CPU and Mobo? (Add up your total budget apart from the Mobo and CPU and say how much you have left over)

2 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

Well if you switch to Intel you will also have to buy a different motherboard to support its socket. What's your budget for the CPU and Mobo? (Add up your total budget apart from the Mobo and CPU and say how much you have left over)

I thought perhaps I could use the Asus H81-M plus as the mobo, then maybe an i5-4460?

8 minutes ago, DrFelixPhD said:

I thought perhaps I could use the Asus H81-M plus as the mobo, then maybe an i5-4460?

That would work just fine yes and would be better in almost every single way, its just you do know the intel CPU in question is almost double the price the AMD one is that you brought up before? If you are gonna go up to that level you may as well extend to 170 pounds and get the 4690k, which is the top seller in gaming CPU's and considered to have the best all round performance for price,

Edited by Kickapoo

3 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

That would work just fine yes and would be better in almost every single way, its just you do know the intel CPU in question is almost double the price the AMD one is that you brought up before?

Hmm, perhaps...Although it might just be a little out of my price range. I might consider buying the 4460 and keeping it for a few months to see how it fares, then I could always sell it and buy the 4690k? 

1 minute ago, DrFelixPhD said:

Hmm, perhaps...Although it might just be a little out of my price range. I might consider buying the 4460 and keeping it for a few months to see how it fares, then I could always sell it and buy the 4690k? 

Not a wise idea, if there's one thing people don't want to buy second hand its PC components.

10 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

That would work just fine yes and would be better in almost every single way, its just you do know the intel CPU in question is almost double the price the AMD one is that you brought up before?

Ah, crap fair enough. It appears I'm in a bit of a predicament :L Is there any other CPU that provides a sort of middle ground between the two?

4 minutes ago, DrFelixPhD said:

Ah, crap fair enough. It appears I'm in a bit of a predicament :L Is there any other CPU that provides a sort of middle ground between the two?

Actually, I forgot you mentioned you only wanted modest gaming power, so the 4460 is perfect. Don't go any further for now and just upgrade your CPU later as the mobo you chose supports CPU upgrades on the LGA 1150 socket line, which will take you way into i7 territory should you ever go there. Im still gonna say don't go with AMD because when the time does come to upgrade to Intel which is the better option you will have to swap your mobo out at the same time.

Edited by Kickapoo

1 minute ago, Kickapoo said:

Actually, I forgot you mentioned you only wanted modest gaming power, so the 4460 is perfect. Don't go any further for now and just upgrade your CPU later as the mobo you chose supports CPU upgrades on the LGA 1150 socket line, which will take you way into i7 territory should you ever go there. 

Excellent - thanks mate :) Just wondering though, how noticeable would the difference be between the i5 and the AMD CPU I chose originally?

3 minutes ago, DrFelixPhD said:

Excellent - thanks mate :) Just wondering though, how noticeable would the difference be between the i5 and the AMD CPU I chose originally?

Indeed! Don't take it from me, take it from here

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4460-vs-AMD-FX-6300

As you can see the Intel CPU outperforms the other two examples including your original AMD and infact the 8350 which is the AMD equivalent of the 4460 at around the same price.

7 minutes ago, DrFelixPhD said:

Damn, fair enough xD Thanks so much man, you've been a massive help :)

I can see you are still on the ropes, the original AMD setup you originally went for will be fine for you and I understand why you would go for that, its cheaper. But I'm just thinking ahead here because as you just saw upgrading your AMD processor still makes it less of a performer than Intel, and they also will need better cooling and will affect your electricity bill more. It's up to you man, don't feel pressured to pay more. I think you should go for AMD right now if you have other things you could use that money for aha.

Edited by Kickapoo

1 hour ago, Kickapoo said:

I can see you are still on the ropes, the original AMD setup you originally went for will be fine for you and I understand why you would go for that, its cheaper. But I'm just thinking ahead here because as you just saw upgrading your AMD processor still makes it less of a performer than Intel, and they also will need better cooling and will affect your electricity bill more. It's up to you man, don't feel pressured to pay more. I think you should go for AMD right now if you have other things you could use that money for aha.

Got a fair bit of excess cash drifting around after Christmas, so it does make sense to spend a little bit more if it'll be worth it - thanks again :)

Why would you use an AMD CPU?

But hey my pc meeks all the requirements I just need to get that 1tb hard drive I ordered.

• Like 1

In the process of building myself a new computer all i have to wait for now is Nvidia to release it's Pascal range then the prices will go down on all the other cards so i can get myself a cheep 980ti or titan! ahahah should run it no problems.....

• Like 1

unreal engine should mean you can push the limit if you want to, the videos certainly make it look the goods, lets hope its not like e3 watchdogs

On 5/2/2016 at 1:20 PM, Scard said:

will 8gb ram be enough?

Yeah, it's the best for 60fps gaming if you also have a proper CPU and GPU

Low settings you'd probably be travelling through time and space at the speed of light

I have an I5-6600k and GTX 960 4gb so i plan to run it max settings above 30fps all times. I run arma and gta v at about 40-60 so ill be fine. Also there is always the possibility for overclocking. 

Well im just gonna have a ]

AMD FX 6300 

8GB RAM

GTX 750TI

60 and less fps on medium settings would work perfectly for be

On 1-1-2016 at 5:58 PM, NutterButter said:

I heard a large ram and storage for 30-50gb for the game. It's supposed to be double the size of gtav so yeah.

GTA V is 66GB excluding the DLCs.

What the hell is going on in this thread? You don't need a 970 wth a i7 and 16GB RAM to be on the "safe" side.

This game based on the videos and screenshots, isn't a super high quality game. a GTX 770(or a GTX 960 if you're on a budget), i5-4670K + 8GB of RAM is WAY more than enough to run this game on ultra/super high (including full servers).

A GTX 970 + i7 is way overkill for this game, unless, if you have enough money to spend.

I have a GTX 770 and it runs every game up to now on ultra (Yes also the division and Witcher 3).

They said on twitter: 'If you can run most recent games, you will be able to play Identity too.' I have 12gb ram DDR3 I7 4790S and a R7 240, with that i can run most recent games low-medium 720p around 25-40 fps. So if you don't care to much about graphics, you don't need more then a 750 TI.

• Like 1