AtomicWaffle

System Requirement

I'm going to be building a new PC soon and I want to get what I need to run this. Can someone ballpark what the requirements will be?

I heard a large ram and storage for 30-50gb for the game. It's supposed to be double the size of gtav so yeah. Make your computer retain info, process and run quickly and you'll be good. 

I think the dev said something about the latest stuff at this current moment is what they prefer you use, but you don't need last weeks New Pc to play- but that will be the best experience.

1 minute ago, NutterButter said:

I heard a large ram and storage for 30-50gb for the game. It's supposed to be double the size of gtav so yeah. Make your computer retain info, process and run quickly and you'll be good. 

I think the dev said something about the latest stuff at this current moment is what they prefer you use, but you don't need last weeks New Pc to play- but that will be the best experience.

So I should get a good amount of ram and a good CPU and I should be good to go?

2 minutes ago, AtomicWaffle said:

So I should get a good amount of ram and a good CPU and I should be good to go?

I'd get 16GB of RAM (although you may not need that much)

For CPU, go for an i7

Yeppers and thank you for finishing my sentence(: quick draw!

Edited by NutterButter

4 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

Yeppers and thank you for finishing my sentence(: quick draw!

No problem :D

4 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

I'd get 16GB of RAM (although you may not need that much)

For CPU, go for an i7

I can get 16gbs of RAM, but I won't be able to afford and i7 do you think i5 would suffice?

1 minute ago, AtomicWaffle said:

I can get 16gbs of RAM, but I won't be able to afford and i7 do you think i5 would suffice?

Yup, i5-4590 or 4690

• Like 1

Did it come out within the last 6 months? :I that's the question. The other half the question is do you want the ultimate experience available?

Just remember that it doesn't look quite as good as Grand Theft Auto V, and I'm doubting that there'll be the same amount of music, voice acting etc. It might not take up quite as much space as 50gb.

If my alienware x51 r2 2014 can run Arma 3 at high while recording at 54FPS you might want to look into that pc specs.

Just now, B0xer4 said:

If my alienware x51 r2 2014 can run Arma 3 at high while recording at 54FPS you might want to look into that pc specs.

Lol derp I can't type, I meant if My alienware x51 r2 2014 can run 54 FPS while playing Arma 3 at high and recording at the same time you might want to look into the PC specs.

23 hours ago, NutterButter said:

Did it come out within the last 6 months? :I that's the question. The other half the question is do you want the ultimate experience available?

His CPU doesn't have to have come from the last six months, in particular the new intel skylake CPU's don't offer masses of difference over the last intel gen CPU's such as the i5-4690k as mentioned , but are much more expensive. And if he wanted the ultimate experience available id like to think he wouldn't be pushed into spending lots more money just to get a slight difference in quality. 

@AtomicWaffle A build perfectly capable of running identity at at least high settings or less if they decide to optimise it poorly like Ark Survival Evolved would be an i5-4690k, which you can overclock later should you wish, a gtx 970 card and no less, a 980ti would be the best bet if say you had another 200 quid spare, but for now go for the 970 as that can run the vast majority of today's games at max settings. A mobo is hard to recommend, just make sure you read the reviews first to make sure they don't have high failure rate in Vram or are generally low quality, stick to reputable brands as im sure you will. Make sure you spend no more than about 60 pounds on a mobo otherwise you have spent too much for this build. It's the same with the case, check the reviews. The PSU needs to be about 600w for this build, don't get a higher voltage just because you can as it's a waste of money. 8GBs of RAM is enough to run today's games perfectly, but if you want to spend double that for 16GB and not have to upgrade as quickly then go for it. Your pc won't necessarily perform better in all situations because you upgraded to 16, but then again in some cases it will. Get two sticks of RAM not one. You can use the case fans and cpu fan that comes with the intel CPU if you don't wish to overclock, but if you wish to overclock buy an aftermarket cooler. Watercooling looks nice but is probably unnecessary and more expensive here than needed. 

My Build if you want any guidance is here. You should use PC Part Picker if you aren't already to do compatibility checks for you, as well as an easier and more streamlined experience browsing what is available and prices at all reputable retaliers.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/rzgvxr

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kickapoo said:

His CPU doesn't have to have come from the last six months, in particular the new intel skylake CPU's don't offer masses of difference over the last intel gen CPU's such as the i5-4690k as mentioned , but are much more expensive. And if he wanted the ultimate experience available id like to think he wouldn't be pushed into spending lots more money just to get a slight difference in quality. 

@AtomicWaffle A build perfectly capable of running identity at at least high settings or less if they decide to optimise it poorly like Ark Survival Evolved would be an i5-4690k, which you can overclock later should you wish, a gtx 970 card and no less, a 980ti would be the best bet if say you had another 200 quid spare, but for now go for the 970 as that can run the vast majority of today's games at max settings. A mobo is hard to recommend, just make sure you read the reviews first to make sure they don't have high failure rate in Vram or are generally low quality, stick to reputable brands as im sure you will. Make sure you spend no more than about 60 pounds on a mobo otherwise you have spent too much for this build. It's the same with the case, check the reviews. The PSU needs to be about 600w for this build, don't get a higher voltage just because you can as it's a waste of money. 8GBs of RAM is enough to run today's games perfectly, but if you want to spend double that for 16GB and not have to upgrade as quickly then go for it. Your pc won't necessarily perform better in all situations because you upgraded to 16, but then again in some cases it will. Get two sticks of RAM not one. You can use the case fans and cpu fan that comes with the intel CPU if you don't wish to overclock, but if you wish to overclock buy an aftermarket cooler. Watercooling looks nice but is probably unnecessary and more expensive here than needed. 

My Build if you want any guidance is here. You should use PC Part Picker if you aren't already to do compatibility checks for you, as well as an easier and more streamlined experience browsing what is available and prices at all reputable retaliers.

As I recall, the Skylake CPUs are quite badly designed - there were loads of reports from people saying that they were sort of bending/melting under the weight of some CPU coolers. Really aren't worth it considering how little difference there is between it and the last generation of processors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kickapoo said:

Although if you are offering build advice, would you mind looking over this one? It comes to a grand total of £431, although that's not including a monitor or OS.

ha.jpg

Case

STYLISH PIANO BLACK ENIGMA CASE + 2 FRONT USB
1.png

Processor (CPU)

AMD FX-6300 Six Core CPU (3.50GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)
73.png

Motherboard

ASUS® M5A97 R2.0 (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s)
2.png

Memory (RAM)

8GB Kingston DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)
11.png

Graphics Card

2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti - VGA, DVI, mHDMI - 3D Vision Ready
5.png

1st Hard Disk

1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
8.png

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive

24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
19.png

Power Supply

CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
83.png

Processor Cooling

STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
106.png

Thermal Paste

STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
13.png

Sound Card

ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
15.png

Wireless/Wired Networking

WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD (£8)

4 minutes ago, DrFelixPhD said:

Although if you are offering build advice, would you mind looking over this one? It comes to a grand total of £431, although that's not including a monitor or OS.

ha.jpg

Case

STYLISH PIANO BLACK ENIGMA CASE + 2 FRONT USB
1.png

Processor (CPU)

AMD FX-6300 Six Core CPU (3.50GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)
73.png

Motherboard

ASUS® M5A97 R2.0 (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s)
2.png

Memory (RAM)

8GB Kingston DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (1 x 8GB)
11.png

Graphics Card

2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti - VGA, DVI, mHDMI - 3D Vision Ready
5.png

1st Hard Disk

1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
8.png

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive

24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
19.png

Power Supply

CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
83.png

Processor Cooling

STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
106.png

Thermal Paste

STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
13.png

Sound Card

ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
15.png

Wireless/Wired Networking

WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD (£8)

What are you wanting to get out of your PC? Running Games at full settings? Video Editing? Casual Gaming? Browsing the web and watching You Tube?

2 minutes ago, Notering said:

I'm trying to build a computer that will cost about 1k. Yet, idk what to look for.

That is 1000 dollars yes?

Just now, Kickapoo said:

That is 1000 dollars yes?

Yep, any tipz for good pc build? I want to make sure I can run this game at full settings. For some good looking toilet paper graphics.

5 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

What are you wanting to get out of your PC? Running Games at full settings? Video Editing? Casual Gaming? Browsing the web and watching You Tube?

Running games at fairly good settings, nothing along the lines of video editing. I have a fairly incapable PC at the moment with an awful AMD GPU, so anything is a step up, really.

Edited by DrFelixPhD

@Notering The build I posted should roughly convert to 1000 dollars. Saying that though prices are different in the states then they are over here in Blighty.

@DrFelixPhD Okay, so the processor and GPU you have is fine for modest settings on all games, just don't expect fireworks, especially on the likes of triple A titles or poorly optimised titles. If you have any money spare though I recommend you switch to Intel, you won't regret it. AMD have been known to release tech which is cheaper than Intel, but at the same time run hotter and draw more power. For your RAM use 2x4gb not 1x8, as the modules will run in tandem then which is faster to load random memory than a single module. Everything else is fine, power supply should be enough and yes use the provided CPU cooler, just be careful if you overclock though. Good reviews on the mobo, which comes with the bigger price i suppose, has three PCI slots which is enough for all three of your GPU, sound card and wireless card. HOWEVER I found with my motherboard that my 970 covered up one of the slots meaning I essentially had 2 slots, not three. Your card will be smaller than mine though, so not to worry. Oh yes, is this a build to be sent off and assembled btw?

• Like 1