alfederaly

NO VIDEO FOR 2 YEARS LONG??!!!!!

2 hours ago, Herzog said:

I'm sure the developers are doing everything they can to push out content for updates. It just takes time and they want to have a good first impression for their game. We just need to sit out the long wait and it will be well worth it

Im pretty sure that people have been more than patient seeing as they said something about a video in june and its august....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

On my phone and idk why I can't un-quote this.

It is not.

to unquote on smartphones touch the name in the yellow bar and press the delete button. always works for me

It's not like they want to keep delaying the video. I agree that they should work on publishing more of what they're working on, even if it's just a little something here and there, but they're such a small team, they can't do everything perfectly. I'd much rather they work on the game than focus on responding to every single person who's unhappy with them. Plus, they've said before this video will either pull people in or turn them away so they want it to be as perfect as possible, that's why they're taking so long. I'm sure they're more than well aware of everyone's displeasure with their communication techniques, or I guess lack thereof, so there really is no point in complaining anymore. In my opinion, we should try and positively contribute to the forums instead of bringing everyone down with all of this fighting. Just some food for thought. ^-^

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hatoful said:

It's not like they want to keep delaying the video. I agree that they should work on publishing more of what they're working on, even if it's just a little something here and there, but they're such a small team, they can't do everything perfectly. I'd much rather they work on the game than focus on responding to every single person who's unhappy with them. Plus, they've said before this video will either pull people in or turn them away so they want it to be as perfect as possible, that's why they're taking so long. I'm sure they're more than well aware of everyone's displeasure with their communication techniques, or I guess lack thereof, so there really is no point in complaining anymore. In my opinion, we should try and positively contribute to the forums instead of bringing everyone down with all of this fighting. Just some food for thought. ^-^

It's one thing to want a video perfect, its another thing to say it will ready soon and 2 months later.... nothing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RecklessTactics98 said:

It's one thing to want a video perfect, its another thing to say it will ready soon and 2 months later.... nothing

There are always unexpected delays, motown and the devs cannot predicted the future so just stop whining.

The devs have stated multiple times that it was wrong for them to put up such an ambitious ETA. They said that they will no longer be giving out ETA's for updates or anything because most of the forums wont stop whining now 

2 hours ago, Herzog said:

The devs have stated multiple times that it was wrong for them to put up such an ambitious ETA. They said that they will no longer be giving out ETA's for updates or anything because most of the forums wont stop whining now 

Oh, your right its the peoples fault for complaining about a product not meeting its deadline, Geez, I somewhat sympathized with the devs but you apologists on these forums just make me want to hate them for no reason....

23 minutes ago, RecklessTactics98 said:

Oh, your right its the peoples fault for complaining about a product not meeting its deadline, Geez, I somewhat sympathized with the devs but you apologists on these forums just make me want to hate them for no reason....

Well you already hate them enough for not meeting your standards. Every game developer out their has a different style when creating a game. You can't just tell them what to do just because you don't like the way they are making this game. If they want to take time to show updates then let them do it they way they want to. Don't like it, then I've already explained that there are other games to play in the meantime 

The literal easiest solution is to just show a couple minutes of footage, they're either too stubborn to just do it or full of shit. There is no way they could have been developing for nearly two years and not be able to show a few minutes of footage.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kalebninja said:

The literal easiest solution is to just show a couple minutes of footage, they're either too stubborn to just do it or full of shit. There is no way they could have been developing for nearly two years and not be able to show a few minutes of footage.

It's funny isn't it, the amount of ignorance on the internet. Just two minutes looking came up with this........

Dragon Age Origins (2004-09) 5 years to develop

Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind (1996-2002) 6 years to develop

L.A. Noire (2004-2011) 7 years to develop

............and the list is huge, over 30 games that took five years or more to get out, most of them from huge developers with decades of experience in making games. And yet here you are, like the other self proclaimed experts, telling us 'facts' that in reality, you just made up in your head because you do not have the first clue what you are talking about.

As for the rest, you guys REALLY need to stop replying to these posts, open your eyes, see the three themes that run through them all (no video, Motown is a scammer,and the awful english) and work the rest out for yourselves.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kalebninja said:

THANK YOU 

Spoken like a true man

Edited by Luca_Santarelli

On 10/08/2016 at 10:04 AM, RecklessTactics98 said:

An ETA isn't a deadline. 

20 hours ago, Jinx said:

It's funny isn't it, the amount of ignorance on the internet. Just two minutes looking came up with this........

Dragon Age Origins (2004-09) 5 years to develop

Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind (1996-2002) 6 years to develop

L.A. Noire (2004-2011) 7 years to develop

............and the list is huge, over 30 games that took five years or more to get out, most of them from huge developers with decades of experience in making games. And yet here you are, like the other self proclaimed experts, telling us 'facts' that in reality, you just made up in your head because you do not have the first clue what you are talking about.

As for the rest, you guys REALLY need to stop replying to these posts, open your eyes, see the three themes that run through them all (no video, Motown is a scammer,and the awful english) and work the rest out for yourselves.

how stupid do you sound i said two years of development is enough for a few minutes of footage not for the entire game to be finished, fucking read

• Like 2

They said that they were "polishing" the video right? So that means the fucking video is already done and they are just making it pretty and nice yet after months we've yet to see any gameplay. Smfh¬¬

6 hours ago, Indevious said:

They said that they were "polishing" the video right? So that means the fucking video is already done and they are just making it pretty and nice yet after months we've yet to see any gameplay. Smfh¬¬

As I said before Paratus is busy with something else and so he has not done his part for the video which is on his plate not on anyone else, MoTown is Genuine and trying to push paratus his boss to let him show more things. So yea we have been waiting months for a video but it will be here soon enough.

Well if hes busy on something bigger then thats better right? cause hes gonna publish that and then quickly finish the vid so yeeah its probably better what hes doing rather then the vid like he might be workin on the module which is more exciting then the vid

47 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

Well if hes busy on something bigger then thats better right? cause hes gonna publish that and then quickly finish the vid so yeeah its probably better what hes doing rather then the vid like he might be workin on the module which is more exciting then the vid

He is not working on the module. Because they are getting outside help (another studio) to finish the module and so the module should be done by mid/ end of September or actually maybe by end of august.

Edited by JamesLuck01

I really don't understand the people trying to defend the developers. I do understand that they have a lot on their plate, but everyone that doesn't excuse the fact that updates are slowing down. The most common response is that it takes time to make a game. I don't care when it comes out as long as I'm being updated. Even a sentence or two a week on twitter would be enough.  

7 minutes ago, Chase said:

I really don't understand the people trying to defend the developers. I do understand that they have a lot on their plate, but everyone that doesn't excuse the fact that updates are slowing down. The most common response is that it takes time to make a game. I don't care when it comes out as long as I'm being updated. Even a sentence or two a week on twitter would be enough.  

I know, yeah only defended them because I spoke to MoTown on teamspeak, I know a little whats going on and I occasionally get a little info about whats happening and so thats why I defend them. If you look at some of the questions asked, I even copied his answers from my steam chat with him as I asked him as I didn't have a good answer for the question asked on the forum. I spoke to MoTown for 4.5 hours asking questions and so I could give a little info on the forum to you guys. I will relay more info on questions if you pm me but don't expect a answer for everything especially on ETA's as I won't ask for them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I know, yeah only defended them because I spoke to MoTown on teamspeak, I know a little whats going on and I occasionally get a little info about whats happening and so thats why I defend them. If you look at some of the questions asked, I even copied his answers from my steam chat with him as I asked him as I didn't have a good answer for the question asked on the forum. I spoke to MoTown for 4.5 hours asking questions and so I could give a little info on the forum to you guys. I will relay more info on questions if you pm me but don't expect a answer for everything especially on ETA's as I won't ask for them.

That helps. It's nice that you're doing that. It's really important to keep your supporters out of the dark. Not everyone is getting as much information, so it's easy for them to get impatient and become paranoid. I have things to do IRL so knowing that you're getting information is enough info for me, thanks. I'm low-maintenance. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chase said:

That helps. It's nice that you're doing that. It's really important to keep your supporters out of the dark. Not everyone is getting as much information, so it's easy for them to get impatient and become paranoid. I have things to do IRL so knowing that you're getting information is enough info for me, thanks. I'm low-maintenance. 

Just send me a PM with questions and I will try get them answered ASAP.

5 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

As I said before Paratus is busy with something else and so he has not done his part for the video which is on his plate not on anyone else, MoTown is Genuine and trying to push paratus his boss to let him show more things. So yea we have been waiting months for a video but it will be here soon enough.

Paratus must be working on something pretty big to not be able to finish his part on the video. And its been 4 months since the first devblog. A fucking devblog.

Edited by Indevious

Yes we've pledged money and yes we'd like a say in how this game is created but at the end of the day its not our game to create. We just need to leave it to the devs to create the game before our job starts at testing it. After all, this game did only start off as a concept and when it comes to games on kickstarter, you are not paying your way into a game that will definitely come out, you are supporting a game that might come out with your pledge rewards as a thank you. Most people dont remember this but with kickstarter, some games dont eventually come out but it was your choice to try and help get the game set up. If you dont like the fact that Identity could crumble then dont give your money to them but for the people that have pledged, im sure that a big percentage of them know this fact.

• Like 2