TPlays

Results From Where you all stand Pt.2

Ok. The poll yesterday went well. I was able to put together a good Idea where most of you stand. I am going to say the most votes was in 100% which is like to see. But we did get a large number of No Hopes, and 25%. Which I am not surprised about. While going through the comments all of you made (and again thank you for them I get to really see what everyone is thinking) I saw that Lucky Duck said a lot of the devs don't work in the office.Which concerns me. Because I know for a fact we probably have most of the dev team sitting at home watching youtube and eating ramen. if there is no way to monitor the work flow how are you going to get anything done. I would like to hear what you guys have to say about this topic!! Thanks!

41 minutes ago, TPlays said:

Because I know for a fact we probably have most of the dev team sitting at home watching youtube and eating ramen.

no hate but, "I know for a fact" and "probably" don't really work in a sentence. passing opinions as facts is not right :/ next time just say, "like this the devs can just be sitting at home watching youtube."

Edited by dagtag
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, dagtag said:

no hate but, "I know for a fact" and "probably" don't really work in a sentence. passing opinions as facts is not right :/ next time just say, "like this the devs can just be sitting at home watching youtube."

My friend. It was just a mistake on my part. I wasn't trying to spread it as a fact. I simply am trying to have people understand that the workfow is bein affected by no one monitoring  who is actually "working" from home.

Just now, TPlays said:

My friend. It was just a mistake on my part. I wasn't trying to spread it as a fact. I simply am trying to have people understand that the workfow is bein affected by no one monitoring  who is actually "working" from home.

I guessed you didn't try to don't worry pall ;), I just thought id warn you with your mistake, for the rest I understand what you mean tho

Just now, dagtag said:

I guessed you didn't try to don't worry pall ;), I just thought id warn you with your mistake, for the rest I understand what you mean tho

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

1 hour ago, TPlays said:

Ok. The poll yesterday went well. I was able to put together a good Idea where most of you stand. I am going to say the most votes was in 100% which is like to see. But we did get a large number of No Hopes, and 25%. Which I am not surprised about. While going through the comments all of you made (and again thank you for them I get to really see what everyone is thinking) I saw that Lucky Duck said a lot of the devs don't work in the office.Which concerns me. Because I know for a fact we probably have most of the dev team sitting at home watching youtube and eating ramen. if there is no way to monitor the work flow how are you going to get anything done. I would like to hear what you guys have to say about this topic!! Thanks!

1. Freelancers don't only work on 1 project.... 

2. They are more or less around the world....

3. Time zones are different, if you noticed, Jade is working on the stream at 9pm- 10pm in UK when he does the official stream.

4. That is why Asylum are working on hiring more local devs so that they can work faster and be directly in contact with each other.

5. If the people don't do the work when at home, then they don't get paid. They get paid when they do the job asked of them. "Freelancer" way of pay.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

5. If the people don't do the work when at home, then they don't get paid. They get paid when they do the job asked of them. "Freelancer" way of pay.

We use a combination of project management software called Wrike and a time tracker called Hubstaff for all of our remote people. They get paid only for time "clocked in", and it tracks it right down to the second. While they're in work mode we're able to see their screen, and we have a screenshot history from every few minutes of their working going back for months.

We're quite on top of things, but we've found the vast majority of our remote guys to be quite reliable and honest. A lot of the remote people do work dedicated to Identity, but some work on a per-task basis.

• Like 9

59 minutes ago, Paratus said:

While they're in work mode we're able to see their screen, and we have a screenshot history from every few minutes of their working going back for months.

This information may not be directly related to development, but it is still information I like to see.

Are you able to talk about the prior experience had between members of your team? Also, how are you going about gathering more talent? Do you plan on allocating some of your resources to PR? I'm not looking for work, I just want to know if you have a standalone PR department.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paratus said:

We use a combination of project management software called Wrike and a time tracker called Hubstaff for all of our remote people. They get paid only for time "clocked in", and it tracks it right down to the second. While they're in work mode we're able to see their screen, and we have a screenshot history from every few minutes of their working going back for months.

We're quite on top of things, but we've found the vast majority of our remote guys to be quite reliable and honest. A lot of the remote people do work dedicated to Identity, but some work on a per-task basis.

Good to hear! :D

6 hours ago, Chase said:

Do you plan on allocating some of your resources to PR? I'm not looking for work, I just want to know if you have a standalone PR department.

They have only the CM for PR and so no team essentially on PR but 1 man!

35 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

They have only the CM for PR and so no team essentially on PR but 1 man!

The GOAT, Beach_Ball!

On 29/08/2018 at 3:51 PM, LuckyDuck said:

1. Freelancers don't only work on 1 project.... 

2. They are more or less around the world....

3. Time zones are different, if you noticed, Jade is working on the stream at 9pm- 10pm in UK when he does the official stream.

4. That is why Asylum are working on hiring more local devs so that they can work faster and be directly in contact with each other.

I didn't know they were freelancers. I thought they were devs who just worked from home but were strictly for Asylum. Thanks for the heads up.

On 29/08/2018 at 4:52 PM, Paratus said:

It is an honor to have you respond to the topic. Thanks for the info!