DanDud88

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore”

3 hours ago, MadApples said:

Yes, In my opinion its a true scam.

I do love how you persist this game is a scam while there is enough proof telling us otherwise.
If the game is a scam, why do the 3d artists keep making assets?
If the game is a scam, why have we seen gameplay?

Its probably one of those 3rd world country's with call centers that call you to give money to them, but this time they got smart and created this fake game.

Okay first off, canada isn't a 3rd world country, you don't believe they are based in canada? look up their address...
Second of all, a fake game doesn't have active 3d artists working on a new asset every week or two, neither would they put time in concept art.

Look how they defend them self's, I bet they will respond to this post and mock, defend, and destroy these types of comments.

Its simple to destroy "these types of comments" because they never contain any proof, they always consist of this mad theories behind them that couldn't be possible if you look at some actual proof.

To me its fine, they can have my $60 that I gave years ago...., Ive already considered that money lost, no big deal. But Ill still stick around and watch all the other people get scammed as well and have a mild chuckle.

Then whats the point of sharing your mad theory, to prevent future backers from dropping their money on this project?

This is truly a great scam, good job guys!

This isn't an opinion anymore... this is just you stating its a scam which is considered spreading false information.

The sad part is it gives us real developers a bad name. ;(

"us real developers"? you mean to say that you, who clearly doesn't know a game takes time to develop and bugs can be a pain in the ass to remove, is a developer?

1 hour ago, MadApples said:

" Yes, In my opinion " What part of that did you not understand ?

Uhm, the first part is opinion and all that but as I said before, the red parts are definitely not considered opinions

Also you seem very defensive... just say-en... ;)

You seem very suspicious... its easy to go defensive on the devs over a comment like this, you act like you have found the scroll of truth and that you now know everything, you act like the game running in to bugs means the game isn't real, you act like canada is a 3rd world country... you see where I am going here. Your post doesn't show any proof and it can result in potential backers also thinking this game is a scam...

If i think this is a scam, as others do... , I'm going to treat it as such, its ok if you disagree.

Okay and to all of those I shall say again, a scam wouldn't release concept art, a scam wouldn't release gameplay, a scam wouldn't pay 3d artists to make assets

Also, "snags" take days, maybe weeks, possibly months?? huh?? to fix... Definitely not years of lies and fake release dates. ;)

the release dates being pushed back had nothing to do with bugs, it had to do with them underestimating the time they would need to finish TS, the last bugs that are being fixed have only been around since that last task was in testing.

A release date being pushed back isn't considered a "fake" release date, its considered a delay, that's it. Don't make things sound more suspicious then they actually are.

When have they lied? with the release dates? again, these aren't lies... You know just as much as we do, as far as we are concerned what they have been telling us is the truth, unless you have hard evidence proving they have lied to us, don't ever spread rumors like this.

Give me a break.

Perhaps give the game a break instead of calling scam because "they have pushed back delays"

I'm not going to high-jack this post with arguments with you, go and say your words as that's what scammers do, I simply stated my honest opinion to help answer the topic question.

you did state your opinion... in the white part of your first post. the rest you said however consisting of: you blaming them for lying and saying they gave out fake dates, is considered spreading false information.

Next time if you call scam, bring some proof to the matter, otherwise you are making it seem as if you want this project to fail.

Edited by dagtag

1 hour ago, dagtag said:

I do love how you persist this game is a scam while there is enough proof telling us otherwise.
If the game is a scam, why do the 3d artists keep making assets?
If the game is a scam, why have we seen gameplay?

Okay first off, canada isn't a 3rd world country, you don't believe they are based in canada? look up their address...
Second of all, a fake game doesn't have active 3d artists working on a new asset every week or two, neither would they put time in concept art.

Its simple to destroy "these types of comments" because they never contain any proof, they always consist of this mad theories behind them that couldn't be possible if you look at some actual proof.

Then whats the point of sharing your mad theory, to prevent future backers from dropping their money on this project?

This isn't an opinion anymore... this is just you stating its a scam which is considered spreading false information.

"us real developers"? you mean to say that you, who clearly doesn't know a game takes time to develop and bugs can be a pain in the ass to remove, is a developer?

Uhm, the first part is opinion and all that but as I said before, the red parts are definitely not considered opinions

You seem very suspicious... its easy to go defensive on the devs over a comment like this, you act like you have found the scroll of truth and that you now know everything, you act like the game running in to bugs means the game isn't real, you act like canada is a 3rd world country... you see where I am going here. Your post doesn't show any proof and it can result in potential backers also thinking this game is a scam...

Okay and to all of those I shall say again, a scam wouldn't release concept art, a scam wouldn't release gameplay, a scam wouldn't pay 3d artists to make assets

the release dates being pushed back had nothing to do with bugs, it had to do with them underestimating the time they would need to finish TS, the last bugs that are being fixed have only been around since that last task was in testing.

A release date being pushed back isn't considered a "fake" release date, its considered a delay, that's it. Don't make things sound more suspicious then they actually are.

When have they lied? with the release dates? again, these aren't lies... You know just as much as we do, as far as we are concerned what they have been telling us is the truth, unless you have hard evidence proving they have lied to us, don't ever spread rumors like this.

Perhaps give the game a break instead of calling scam because "they have pushed back delays"

you did state your opinion... in the white part of your first post. the rest you said however consisting of: you blaming them for lying and saying they gave out fake dates, is considered spreading false information.

Next time if you call scam, bring some proof to the matter, otherwise you are making it seem as if you want this project to fail.

Thanks for taking the time to explain your thoughts, I am always listening.

You have forgotten to mention about the steam key released not long ago... ;)

I can respect you defending a project like this if its not a scam, Honestly I would do the same for any of mine, good job. But just note, It has never happens to me mostly because Ive been able to be responsibly give realistic release dates with out misleading users.

I do hope this is not a scam. Perhaps when and if the game gets released I will be proven wrong.

That would be nice ;)

---Spoil alert!! - me just rambling for a bit, I guess I'm just in the mood...--

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!- read at your own risk.

Not to boast, or change the subject, nor that I care what you think, but I happen to be a great developer, mostly java and android now, (And no.. I'm not talking about simple things, I'm talking about real stuff like, server-side, client-side data-streams, multi threading, multi sockets, indices, vertices, matrices, and quaternion mathematics(3D development), 64 bit password encrypted methods, SQL database, ext... ext... bleh bleh...You can say its my passion.) and as I program, I use forward thinking as I develop new codes and methods, with very few if any bugs. If i get bugs I fix it asap (usually within a day or week at most while its still fresh in my mind). Its called good programing skills. If you have so many issues with bugs or whatever..., perhaps hire a new developer to help out with your "hard to fix" bugs or development of the game as some of you already claimed in other posts that these few developers (even after getting paid more than Millions of dollars for this project alone) may not have the best skills to start with.

--end of spoil alert--

Get it together is all I'm asking, and its possible this is not a scam, perhaps its simply poor development. I can live with that. Perhaps then these developers should have started a game a bit more.. easy to develop instead of taking on a project greater than there small team. :)

I can also see how It would seem that I wanted this project to fail, that couldn't be farther from the truth, the truth is I have Gaven up after years and years of waiting patiently, after have given you my money. I know for a fact others feel the same way, Ive seen it in posts everywhere with people like you defending the project like wolfs on raw meat. (Again, I don't blame you for defending this project.) But that wont change peoples minds.

-Action changes peoples minds, not words and 3D mesh artists. ;)

Edited by MadApples

5 hours ago, MadApples said:

" Yes, In my opinion " What part of that did you not understand ?

Also you seem very defensive... just say-en... ;)

If i think this is a scam, as others do... , I'm going to treat it as such, its ok if you disagree.

Also, "snags" take days, maybe weeks, possibly months?? huh?? to fix... Definitely not years of lies and fake release dates. ;)

Give me a break.

I'm not going to high-jack this post with arguments with you, go and say your words as that's what scammers do, I simply stated my honest opinion to help answer the topic question.

-Enjoy

Then why are you even here? If you so clearly believe it's a scam why do you still care what happens here? If you were genuinely concerned about the state of the game to the point where you blatantly think it's a scam why not just go and get a refund and leave this behind? Always the same with the scam babies, happy to spend all your time here saying how much of a scam it is yet you won't do anything about it.

If you've no interest in the game, which clearly you no longer have any then go and occupy yourself with something better to do than continuously giving your input which nobody is asking for.

As for being defensive you can call it what you will, I'm just a backer who's fed up of hearing the same old drivel about how it's a scam and the devs are lying etc.

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343

2 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Then why are you even here? If you so clearly believe it's a scam why do you still care what happens here? If you were genuinely concerned about the state of the game to the point where you blatantly think it's a scam why not just go and get a refund and leave this behind? Always the same with the scam babies, happy to spend all your time here saying how much of a scam it is yet you won't do anything about it.

If you've no interest in the game, which clearly you no longer have any then go and occupy yourself with something better to do than continuously giving your input which nobody is asking for.

As for being defensive you can call it what you will, I'm just a backer who's fed up of hearing the same old drivel about how it's a scam and the devs are lying etc.

"scam babies" ? Is that the new term for you people ? LOL I love it! But lets try and be adults and not name  call the majority of us so that I can actually take you seriously, huh?

I am here because of my investment. Its true I don't care about the $60 I invested a few years ago, and still with out a product to play.. But by god, I'm going to make sure i get my share of my $60 in these forums :) So go sit back down and don't tell me how I should spend my time. (In other words, treat me with the same respect I gave you.)

And its true I feel like this is a total sham, scam, what ever you wish to call it as you claim I do, well not only me, but a lot of users... look around the forums... and yes there is a lot of us, that are more than agitated by the very long delays, and by the way its been handled , and you don't approve of our opinions ? Is this what you say to everybody ? Is this the professionalism you wish to convey?

So what your saying is, we are not allowed to voice our concern after years of our money vanished with out a product, because you and your goonies think we should be more patient?  OOOKK then, i got ya ;) Not sure what world your from tho... ;)

Its people like you who actually confirm that this is simply a scam.

At least

dagtag

made more sense than you. Have you read my above post in response to DagTag?

before you came along I kind of gave him the benefit of doubt by expressing its possible it was simply poor development choices rather than a scam... but NO, here you are stirring the pot... proving otherwise. Good job!

Edited by MadApples

On 8/6/2018 at 7:28 PM, LightBringer said:

1) dev blogs come monthly, it’s only the 6th

2) There is and hasn’t been a set release date for a few months now

3) With all the streams and the office and more, it’s not like they’re just sitting they’re. They’re working on the game. 

4) It is not a scam and nobody is forcing anyone to pledge money for development funding. 

*Last devblog jul 10th, steam key doesn't count because it is not a dev blog.*

They released a shitty tracker for their development which has one bug that hasn't been fixed for months now

I've only tuned into a few streams and all were assets, not any gameplay.

Scam or not scam, never buying anything from these guys even though I used to be a full supporter of asylum, but now I'm pretty peeved and got refunded asap. If the game turns out good then good job, i'll pay full price, but with all of the delays and only shitty gameplay being shown for 3 years of work (3 intractable objects with a ton of bugs FOR THE BASE MODULE and to think they're working on others I just can't imagine how shitty everything else is) I've given up on this game, no trust in it anymore. 

Edited by OffishlGmr
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I too think it's more poor development choices (but with a healthy dose of some shady practices). After all, a game of this undertaking by highly inexperienced devs who are also few in number? Not IMPOSSIBLE to pull off, but near it. It's the trying to pass off actual images found online as their own concept art and other revelations that make it point more towards "shady". But blind followers claimed this was normal (it isn't by the way) and they'd "rather have them spend time on actual dev than conceptual art anyway" when BY THE WAY, conceptual art IS part of development and can very well be a crucial step in making smart choices when developing a game's areas. Now I agree you can cut and paste images from online to have "mood board", as long as you just use these things for referencing to make designs in-game..........but........

They tried to pass it off as their OWN conceptual art. NOT COOL. I really grow wary of teams that leak this sort of deception, especially so early on.

I also find it highly incompetent that they'd splurge all the backers' moneys on a fancy office while obviously pouring very little into actual development. And the tracker thing? Very deceiving as well. It lead people to believe that the tracker's tasks were direct in proximity with release date and that has now turned out to NOT be the case.

And promising better/more updates AFTER Town Square..........well, that's good and fine, but don't stay mum in the meanwhile while your backers set out to rot. This whole thing stinks of terrible and unprofessional practices, misappropriated funds, and a pinch of things that are quite shady from a development standpoint. No means did I say scam, but IT IS SHADY and UNDERSTANDABLE that people may think it is a scam because of this shadiness  and there's no denying that it's a shady mess when the proof is there to stare you in the face. Unless of course you're a blind as a bat follower. And by blind I mean someone who likes to pick and choose what problems to ignore and pretend aren't there.

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

1 hour ago, ShiEksdee said:

I too think it's more poor development choices (but with a healthy dose of some shady practices). After all, a game of this undertaking by highly inexperienced devs who are also few in number? Not IMPOSSIBLE to pull off, but near it. It's the trying to pass off actual images found online as their own concept art and other revelations that make it point more towards "shady". But blind followers claimed this was normal (it isn't by the way) and they'd "rather have them spend time on actual dev than conceptual art anyway" when BY THE WAY, conceptual art IS part of development and can very well be a crucial step in making smart choices when developing a game's areas. Now I agree you can cut and paste images from online to have "mood board", as long as you just use these things for referencing to make designs in-game..........but........

They tried to pass it off as their OWN conceptual art. NOT COOL. I really grow wary of teams that leak this sort of deception, especially so early on.

I also find it highly incompetent that they'd splurge all the backers' moneys on a fancy office while obviously pouring very little into actual development. And the tracker thing? Very deceiving as well. It lead people to believe that the tracker's tasks were direct in proximity with release date and that has now turned out to NOT be the case.

And promising better/more updates AFTER Town Square..........well, that's good and fine, but don't stay mum in the meanwhile while your backers set out to rot. This whole thing stinks of terrible and unprofessional practices, misappropriated funds, and a pinch of things that are quite shady from a development standpoint. No means did I say scam, but IT IS SHADY and UNDERSTANDABLE that people may think it is a scam because of this shadiness  and there's no denying that it's a shady mess when the proof is there to stare you in the face. Unless of course you're a blind as a bat follower. And by blind I mean someone who likes to pick and choose what problems to ignore and pretend aren't there.

I understand that this is your opinion, and I also love your word selections like "shady", "highly incompetent", or "terrible and unprofessional".

Yes it is clear they are not very experienced in the game development industry, since it's their first game they're actually developing. I haven't personally made a background check for each developers but I'm not bothered spending time on that. I can't say they've been the best or made the best choices, that simply isn't true and we all know that.

I'm not going to defend what they've done with the concept art. It is true they have took real images to put it in a collage. But it simply doesn't bother me enough to rant about it. Maybe it's not normal, but who cares? After all they'll just create something based on that picture, it's just for reference as far as I know.

As for what they do with the backer's money, I'm not sure that they'd spend all their money just to upgrade their office. They've raised about $800k according to the Dev Blog #010 at that time, and they were ready to move in an office so that they could work more efficiently and hire more developers. As to fancy, well it sure does look good, but it doesn't necessarily mean it was all that expensive. Plus it's smaller than you think, it just looks like one main room, with a few other rooms, and don't forget it's a rented space.

And for the tracker, I understand it lacks a lot of information, and it may mislead people into thinking that the various progress bars are directly proportional to the time it could take to be completed. I also want to bring up that not everyone necessarily know what's going on in the background of each tasks. It may seem useless at this point when you just see one task visually idle for over a month. But I know that when working on a task, even when it's in testing, it also implies a ton of work. We all say there's bugs, but depending how deep it is, it's not as easy as some people think it is. Ah the perks of working on a heavily modified Unreal Engine. Plus upgrading versions may cause unforeseen issues. What can we do, it's their choice and they were not satisfied with what the game engine had to offer.

But again, I understand you stand on a different view of things and your opinion differs from mine. But I think it only comes to where you draw the line whether you care or not about certain decisions being made. But hey, let me list you some things that made me upset but still decided to move on.

Oh dear delays. I've seen those guesstimates, but I decided to live with it since it wasn't really any official dates. Then I was happy about the first date, and when I saw it was delayed, oh I started being a bit more skeptical, but still decided to give them a chance since it was their first official date being delayed. Then the second official one. At that point, I was like screw it, I'll take dates or estimations with a grain of salt. So now that's why I keep saying it'll come out when it's ready and in a playable state. No matter how many times they'll say soon, I just don't even care anymore.

Le crime video. Boy that moment in history was so toxic I had to stay away from the Discord for a little while. It did leave me with mixed feelings, since they used assets that was a few years old, so many placeholders, and the driving physics (which I knew wouldn't reflect what they aim to do). I knew a lot of things wasn't perfect, and I also knew they wanted to show a gun play video for over a year and just showcase a few features. But again, I moved on.

Public relations. Yep, the way they communicate to us. Well okay sure Beach_Ball did his best and answered as many Q as possible and helped with account support. But still, I think they could improve their communication in a much better way. For now, it just seems like a mess of Discord messages lost in the general chat, Twitch clips that I'm sure not everyone is interested to look into, and forum replies here and there on the forum. So my idea is that they could gather valuable information, certain updates, bugs they find or fixed, in a dedicated thread on forum and channel on Discord. They could also do a Q&A dedicated channel on Discord too.

Yeah I know, long post, but I wanted to give my feedback on it.

Edited by LordBenji

7 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

Maybe it's not normal, but who cares?

The people who know what shady and unprofessional looks like. :'3

• ver.1.22474487139 1

57 minutes ago, ShiEksdee said:

The people who know what shady and unprofessional looks like. :'3

I'm afraid that some people are probably way too obsessed with such little details like those. A concept is a plan, and I don't mind if they base themselves from real locations, which isn't a first in gaming industry. Although Pav could have easily done a bit of a better job to be honest instead of taking a copy of a picture.

On 9/30/2018 at 3:48 AM, ShiEksdee said:

This is news to me. Which images specifically did they try and pass off as their own which wasn't?

10 minutes ago, Norway174 said:

This is news to me. Which images specifically did they try and pass off as their own which wasn't?

He is talking about the mansions, this however wasn't concept art, they were mood samples.