Flakeleey

Time/Years

ok SO.. i have been wondering.. will there be a year system (i mean like say you got a news paper.. and the year in game was the starting year: 2018 how about like maybe like 1 month IRL later. you get a news paper and it will say something like (Tuesday April 3rd, 2019) Basically the game would have a year system (1 Month IRL = 1 year in-game)

idk just thinking out loud

P.s sorry if my Grammer/Spelling is messed up (im using a new computer that im not used to.)

There is something like that yes. For example the news papers , if you start the game from day 1 and u get a newspaper you could keep this newspaper for always in your storage. 5 years later for example you will then have a "unique" newspaper from day 1

• Like 1

Hopefully, the developers shall ensure that the dates are based on "real-time" forms of measurement rather than stating "January 1, 0000" considering that the game is expected to remain realistic to it's highest potential. For example, if the game were to be release on December 22, 2018, then the in-game date should be "December 22, 2018".

@FlakeleeyI have asked this question and @Beach_Ball will ask Paratus for me, as this is a very good question. The in-game time will however be off 4 hours real time = 1 in-game day.  1 hour night and 3 hours day time.

There should be no ingame date cuz this game is not supposed to make your character get older. It´s a fix state of time we all are playing daily. The time isnt moving forwards inside the game.

4 minutes ago, SunDiego said:

There should be no ingame date cuz this game is not supposed to make your character get older. It´s a fix state of time we all are playing daily. The time isnt moving forwards inside the game.

Maybe but it will add a bit more RP to to the game. Also they could just have it state the IRL year. e.g. if it is 2018 then it states it, if changes for us then it will change in the game.

49 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Maybe but it will add a bit more RP to to the game. Also they could just have it state the IRL year. e.g. if it is 2018 then it states it, if changes for us then it will change in the game.

Along with this, depending on the time of year it is... there should be deferent seasons... just throwing it out there

2 minutes ago, Flakeleey said:

Along with this, depending on the time of year it is... there should be deferent seasons... just throwing it out there

I would love to see seasons and weather. Seasons would make it even more realistic, seeing things changing colours would be really cool.

1 hour ago, Flakeleey said:

There will not be seasons as in "Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn". But there will be seasons as in Christmas and other different seasonal holidays.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

There will not be seasons as in "Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn". But there will be seasons as in Christmas and other different seasonal holidays.

Yes, I remember that this is based on the south-east United States where the temperature is a sub-tropical climate. Although, I still hope there are snowy mountains as shown in the concept art.

3 hours ago, SunDiego said:

Time actually is moving forward, for example the alcohol you produce will be more valuable after you store them for some time, if i remember correctly the alcohol will even have "time/date stamps" 

17 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Idk i think it would be cool to see the leaves changing, and then snow starts falling (a cool idea would be to have a random number generator in the code... say it got number 4. we would get 4 inchs of snow... if it got like 12... then we get a foot of snow..) it could also be super slippery for cars and stuff that dont have good tred :)

Edited by Flakeleey

3 hours ago, Flakeleey said:

Idk i think it would be cool to see the leaves changing, and then snow starts falling (a cool idea would be to have a random number generator in the code... say it got number 4. we would get 4 inchs of snow... if it got like 12... then we get a foot of snow..) it could also be super slippery for cars and stuff that dont have good tred :)

There will be snow fall in the game, however there won't be snow which settles on the ground around the map... There will be snow on the mountain tops though.

• Like 1