Dazerbake

Taskbar update

Why is it taking so long to update the task bar it's still says a day ago it's never took this long 

2 hours ago, Dazerbake said:

Why is it taking so long to update the task bar it's still says a day ago it's never took this long 

The weekend is likely the reason why it has not been updated today as the devs are not in the office and are likely home with their families with a day off.

• Like 2

or maybe you should stop bitching and forget about identity, if you cant understand how much work developing is, you're not worth playing identity 

• Like 2

Is there a new release date or a deadline? Did I miss something? The dev's said when the Tracker taskbar is full Town Square will get released.

Edited by Gometzler

Just now, ShadeTrust said:

Or maybe they shouldnt make deadlines and release dates they cant make 

Everyone makes mistakes in life, no one is perfect. Game development has unforeseen delays including with Triple A companies..... RDR2. 

Well also the task bar not being updated has nothing to do with the devs dates given. Half the community wanted a date, which also pressured them to give 1, then that got delayed because they underestimated and then it happened to be underestimated again and so they are going with the other half of the communities answer and not to give any dates.

If they can't give us a date it would be nice to see some new gameplay will that happen soon? 

4 minutes ago, Theezakj said:

or maybe you should stop bitching and forget about identity, if you cant understand how much work developing is, you're not worth playing identity 

now hold on there. I think dazer has a point, first off you don't know how much he out in this game, me for example in total including kickstarter I have around 500 in it and I'm pretty concerned with all the delays and even canceled half of my pledge when they did the last delay, you don't need to say someone is bit**ing when they've been here for 3 years and seen 5 delays, and then the devs say that a minor delay is happening and the dev tracker will show what they are doing and then doesn't move over the week end, tbh I figured they'd be working the weekend to get this thing out but hey, 

If the dev's have time for that maybe. But as of now they are busy finalising Town Square and making the new website ready for release. We actually can only  wait and try to support them. Constantly demanding stuff and asking for compensations "not saying you are", does not help them.

Edited by Gometzler

4 hours ago, Dazerbake said:

If they can't give us a date it would be nice to see some new gameplay will that happen soon? 

Yes, it will come before or with the modules release.

@TOPGUNGUY123We haven't had 5 real delays over 3 years. Kickstarter only allows for 2 years of a deadline. 2 Years is not enough for the small team size Asylum has. Normally the game would be in development for a year before the devs kickstart their game, but Identity was on Kickstarter from concept. They only started development from the end of the kickstarter campaign. It wasn't there thought for that estimate. So we have had 2 Real delays and 3 general estimations being too short. I count 2 real delays which were the latest things announced. This is my Understanding of course, that I only count 2.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Theezakj said:

Please try to say this is a nicer fashion instead of heading straight to mean things. He didn't know man. You don't need to witch hunt hunt him because of it!!! Be kind to the community or there won't be a community for you to follow.... See you in the town square!

• Like 1

Aimed at nobody in particular, but I don't understand all this drama, it just seems so unnecessary. If you can't tolerate the release of the first module how are you going to survive the wait for the full release especially considering the features for TS are going to be limited initially in comparison to the vision for the full and final game. Also just because you pledged in no way guarantees you to a game or entitles you to hold the Dev's hostage, this community seems to quickly be becoming toxic.

If you can't handle the practicalities of early access don't commit to it...flooding the forums with negative comments simply ruins the experience for others, of which there are many (all with different attitudes and opinions) and which also requires the attention of mods and Dev's and ultimately distracts from the development of the game.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:17 PM, LuckyDuck said:

Yes, it will come before or with the modules release.

@TOPGUNGUY123We haven't had 5 real delays over 3 years. Kickstarter only allows for 2 years of a deadline. 2 Years is not enough for the small team size Asylum has. Normally the game would be in development for a year before the devs kickstart their game, but Identity was on Kickstarter from concept. They only started development from the end of the kickstarter campaign. It wasn't there thought for that estimate. So we have had 2 Real delays and 3 general estimations being too short. I count 2 real delays which were the latest things announced. This is my Understanding of course, that I only count 2.

December 2016, on kickstarter, the website still says ts will be out in 2017 march 21st, and april 23rd, so 4 delays -_- my bad

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

December 2016, on kickstarter, the website still says ts will be out in 2017 march 21st, and april 23rd, so 4 delays -_- my bad

Technically 4 delays, but The one for kickstarter was a fixed 2 years max deadline which Asylum could not make it to 3 years or whatever and so had to have it as 2 years. (I don't count this as something as a proper delay because it was not changeable and unavoidable for the devs).

The website saying 2017, yes that is a estimate they chose and I I still count it as something but again it was still going on a kickstarter sort of deadline and was under estimated. This was more of a point where it was delayed however there was not a Official "Release Date" but a Open time schedule. The 2 proper delays I would say was the ones from no, march 21st and April 23rd. Technically all 4 of these are delays but not essentially a proper delay if you get what I mean by that. However yes I guess if you wanted they do count.

18 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Technically 4 delays, but The one for kickstarter was a fixed 2 years max deadline which Asylum could not make it to 3 years or whatever and so had to have it as 2 years. (I don't count this as something as a proper delay because it was not changeable and unavoidable for the devs).

The website saying 2017, yes that is a estimate they chose and I I still count it as something but again it was still going on a kickstarter sort of deadline and was under estimated. This was more of a point where it was delayed however there was not a Official "Release Date" but a Open time schedule. The 2 proper delays I would say was the ones from no, march 21st and April 23rd. Technically all 4 of these are delays but not essentially a proper delay if you get what I mean by that. However yes I guess if you wanted they do count.

Good to know! I love hearing from active mods!! Thanks for the info!!!!

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, LuckyDuck said:

all I'm saying is that someone should really update that 2017 date on the site, if I was considering pledging and see the game isn't out but the site says 2017 I would think the game was dead or something. just saying...

1 minute ago, TOPGUNGUY123 said:

all I'm saying is that someone should really update that 2017 date on the site, if I was considering pledging and see the game isn't out but the site says 2017 I would think the game was dead or something. just saying...

It will be updated with the new site.