DrSwager404

Air Vehicles

I know why theres no air vehicles they want the world to seem big but if there was just a normal helicopter that cost a bunch of money and a police one that is the same but with police paint that would be great

• Like 1

but what would be he price? ir looks like money will be hard to earn, so around 100k? or will it be based on actual helicopter prices?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, FreakyRamen said:

but what would be he price? ir looks like money will be hard to earn, so around 100k? or will it be based on actual helicopter prices?

I don't even know how much are helicopters.

Edited by Tymberlejk
Gimme reputation!
  • Like 1

It would add a way for trolls to kill even more and helicopters are still pretty fast, even if they're smaller than a Smart

this is one of the questions that i call senseless... the money economy will be like in reallife. that means: search for a helicopter on amazon

They said this about aircrafts "It's entirely possible. For instance, we will have airports in Identity, in case we may change our minds about aircraft ;)"

Edited by Striker

Identity debs said there won't even be helicopters. They said they don't want to make the map seem too small, it will spoil the immersion.

• Like 2

I know that they want the map to seam big but if a helicopter was really expensive and hard to get I think that would be great  

Well I am sure that well far in the future after release they said that if they made a new Island they would put it as a DLC, maybe when they do that they will add a Helicopter or something. and the prices in the game would generally be similar in to real life which can range depending on the helicopter, between $100,000+  but I would say a decent helicopter would be from $450,000+. but to make it harder to get, they could just up the price of a helicopter to minimum of $450,000. If this was implemented, it generally would be a long time from now, I would say atleast maybe 1 year or 2 after full game release.

they've said that there won't be any air vehicles ingame. i don't care about probably or maybe. you all know that it will end like tha bad planes mod for gta v 

Our primary reason for not having air vehicles isn't so much the size of the world, it's that they allow people to skip over interaction which is the core of Identity's gameplay. Imagine there's a car collision below and a fight erupts, flying over it without any consideration won't bring so much emergent gameplay as if you had to pass through or alter your path.

That's simply one example out of thousands of scenarios where flight deprives you of emergent gameplay. It's sort of like using fast-travel in a game like Skyrim; sure it's convenient, but some of the coolest events and discoveries happen en-route.

• Like 10

@Paratus Aircraft doesn't always have to be a player operated vehicle. A simple animation of a flight from Point A to Point B. For example and airport or a helicopter landing on a roof of a CEO's penthouse or business that takes him/her to and from work. Not only would it add the reality of how successful and cool it would be to own a chopper, it would remove player controlled aircraft completely and stop people from crashing their planes into buildings, players, and the grown.

Don't forget to like this is you support this idea everyone!

Edited by IRIxAgent47
  • Like 2

On 3/11/2016 at 3:45 PM, IRIxAgent47 said:

@Paratus Aircraft doesn't always have to be a player operated vehicle. A simple animation of a flight from Point A to Point B. For example and airport or a helicopter landing on a roof of a CEO's penthouse or business that takes him/her to and from work. Not only would it add the reality of how successful and cool it would be to own a chopper, it would remove player controlled aircraft completely and stop people from crashing their planes into buildings, players, and the grown.

Don't forget to like this is you support this idea everyone!

Did you not read Paratus's Comment?

• Like 1

But, say there were scripted events, such as planes taking off and landing at the airport, or helicopters taking off and landing at big companies, hospitals, police stations, etc... Where players couldn't use them.  Would make the world feel more alive and bigger.

• Like 2

I'm content with zero aircraft. Less people shooting a crazy amount of missiles at you while you're minding your own business. 

On 3/11/2016 at 9:52 AM, Paratus said:

Our primary reason for not having air vehicles isn't so much the size of the world, it's that they allow people to skip over interaction which is the core of Identity's gameplay. Imagine there's a car collision below and a fight erupts, flying over it without any consideration won't bring so much emergent gameplay as if you had to pass through or alter your path.

That's simply one example out of thousands of scenarios where flight deprives you of emergent gameplay. It's sort of like using fast-travel in a game like Skyrim; sure it's convenient, but some of the coolest events and discoveries happen en-route.

But what is a helicopter was really really expensive

3 hours ago, DrSwager404 said:

And helicopters would create lots of though's interactions 

a developer answered you already. accept it or leave

3 hours ago, DrSwager404 said:

But what is a helicopter was really really expensive

Do you not understand? This has nothing to do with economy or player equality; this has to do with roleplay experiences within the game. Even if helicopters were 1 million dollars, inevitably, players would achieve this and the scenario which PARATUS describes would happen; and the more people you take out of these interactions, the more dead the world would begin to feel.

tl;dr - no

• Like 2

On 28/3/2016 at 10:08 PM, David said:

Do you not understand? This has nothing to do with economy or player equality; this has to do with roleplay experiences within the game. Even if helicopters were 1 million dollars, inevitably, players would achieve this and the scenario which PARATUS describes would happen; and the more people you take out of these interactions, the more dead the world would begin to feel.

tl;dr - no

Well in MY roleplay experience i don't give a fuck about a car collisions and i wish to drive helicopter to avoid that kinds of thing. It's up to the player choice. My character drives helicopter for criminal, can't he?

the developer has spoken already. accept it! trust and obey! if you don't accept it please go and play cheat theft auto v - the ballad of fat script kiddie.

Edited by Shimozukachi
  • Like 2