• Yes
    • No
    • May change
  2. 2. Taxes Like or No Like

• Dislike
  3. 3. Healthcare

• Dislike

40 minutes ago, ThomasHetch said:

I will right away but right now I need to focus on healthcare plans rather then planing for the future I need to make my campaign stronger. Thank you.

Fully understand. I don't want to put any rush on you as you flesh out your campaign, especially since health care is a vital element to the island. Just meant whenever you get around to answer let us know. Thanks, and good luck!

• Like 1

Dear all and @GeneSmith,

I think it is quite harsh of what you wrote. You have no proof that I am taking advantage of my posts. I don't mess around with making fake accounts and I am not corrupt. I do not make people do my dirty work.Give me proof or don't accuse me of it. I am trying to make friends and why would I take money away from people for my own use. Yes I want to use the peoples money for the peoples benefit. You really think you know what you are talking about. I respect you but I sometimes don't respect your posts and I just want to express my views. The Peoples Party is not my party. It is a party that I am free to criticize. I am ok that you criticized the capitalist party. Why don't you want me expressing my views? I want the people to vote in for who they think is best. I want them to vote for me and you want them to vote for you. We both want to win so let us end at that and be good sports.

Sincerely,

Thomas Hetch 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2017 at 6:37 PM, ThomasHetch said:

Weapon policies:

I think that there should be no machine guns or military or S.W.A.T grade weapons out on the street. I think that to make this state safer that there shouldn't be assault rifles out on the streets. I think that there should be three categories of weapons out on the street. The first category will be under hunting. This category will have hunting rifles, pistols, and shot guns the max fps will be 900, scopes will be allowed but no silencers. The second category will be self defense which will include pistols and shotguns max fps 500, you will be allowed to shoot be fore you call the police. Last category will be pleasure guns. These guns you will only be able to shoot at shooting ranges, and you must be trained to shoot them. Extensive background checks will be preformed to buy any of these weapons. You will also have a licence to shoot any of these weapons. That means no criminal record. Butterfly knives and switch blades will be illegal.

I have an issue with this whole FPS way of thinking and here are the reason why:

9mm Pistol average FPS is 1200

5.56 or .300 (average hunting rifle) 3000 fps

General shotgun 2200

With the FPS you mentioned I assume you have limited knowledge on weapons and the use of them. A rifle, shotgun, pistol, and even a pellet gun can be deadly with the right user. I know the developers have been looking at ballistic reports trying to make gun fighting realistic but in the end you're FPS ideas just are not realistic. Police should have the same access to guns as civilians do but the rounds they have access to should be different. As many know you have HP (Hallow point) FMJ (Full Metal jacket) HE (High Explosive), and SP (Soft point) there are tons more but these are the basics. The gun no the public should have access to but the ammo no general ammo should be soft point while police use what the police chief allows. 

Moving on to SWAT and other special response units, these will be restricted weapons no one can own outside these groups. These will include your PSG1, M60, MP5A3, M240A1, etc..........

I think making you're gun laws much more basic don't try to get into FPS and all that because in reality it becomes much more complicated 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Kracken said:

I have an issue with this whole FPS way of thinking and here are the reason why:

9mm Pistol average FPS is 1200

5.56 or .300 (average hunting rifle) 3000 fps

General shotgun 2200

With the FPS you mentioned I assume you have limited knowledge on weapons and the use of them. A rifle, shotgun, pistol, and even a pellet gun can be deadly with the right user. I know the developers have been looking at ballistic reports trying to make gun fighting realistic but in the end you're FPS ideas just are not realistic. Police should have the same access to guns as civilians do but the rounds they have access to should be different. As many know you have HP (Hallow point) FMJ (Full Metal jacket) HE (High Explosive), and SP (Soft point) there are tons more but these are the basics. The gun no the public should have access to but the ammo no general ammo should be soft point while police use what the police chief allows. 

Moving on to SWAT and other special response units, these will be restricted weapons no one can own outside these groups. These will include your PSG1, M60, MP5A3, M240A1, etc..........

I think making you're gun laws much more basic don't try to get into FPS and all that because in reality it becomes much more complicated 

This is actually something I suggested rather than ban gun all together. There was a point where an Army Veteran wasn't allowed to have a weapon in his home because of the gun laws in that state and I thought that was slightly unfair. 

25 minutes ago, ThomasHetch said:

I guess you are right

You guess? Becoming a leader there is no guessing please this is just ideas and thoughts for you and you're cabinet.

21 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

This is actually something I suggested rather than ban gun all together. There was a point where an Army Veteran wasn't allowed to have a weapon in his home because of the gun laws in that state and I thought that was slightly unfair. 

Hello Mr. Smith

We in the police community have not had the honor to meet you nor hear you're ideas regarding safety, security, and compensation. Please send us something in the police forums I am sure you will get some hard hitting questions. 

51 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

I don't think there can be army veteran's the game. I think there can be police veterans though.

Edited by ThomasHetch

5 minutes ago, ThomasHetch said:

I don't think there can be army veteran's the game. I think there can be police veterans though.

I'm talking about in real life. There was an Army Veteran who was denied his right to have a weapon because of the gun control laws. And still, civilians should be allowed to protect themselves in the situations they're attacked. About 10 years ago my father was hit in the back of the head with a pipe and didn't have a weapon because of the gun control laws throughout the U.S. It's unfair to the people who can have them because of these laws. I just wanna liberate the free.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2017 at 8:24 PM, Sporan said:

Fully understand. I don't want to put any rush on you as you flesh out your campaign, especially since health care is a vital element to the island. Just meant whenever you get around to answer let us know. Thanks, and good luck!

You should be careful, otherwise I you will have an accident, a bloody one.

16 hours ago, GeneSmith said:

I'm talking about in real life. There was an Army Veteran who was denied his right to have a weapon because of the gun control laws. And still, civilians should be allowed to protect themselves in the situations they're attacked. About 10 years ago my father was hit in the back of the head with a pipe and didn't have a weapon because of the gun control laws throughout the U.S. It's unfair to the people who can have them because of these laws. I just wanna liberate the free.

I generally agree with your trail of thought Gene, but coming from the European Union I can assure you people can defend themselves without guns. Personally (though I am no visionary with the solve-all answers), I think it depends on country size and (budget for) adequate police. I recall that in the Netherlands and Belgium, small countries, no guns are allowed and people live quite safely.

Our island is little, too.

3 hours ago, looper1235 said:

Sounds like a...threat? Laughable, I'd be willing to bet your words will trigger no action. I'm not even sure what I've done to warrant such behavior. But good luck!

I am sorry I didn't understand that you were saying a real life story. I am sorry about you dad by the way.

20 hours ago, GeneSmith said:

Edited by ThomasHetch

5 hours ago, Xilion said:

I generally agree with your trail of thought Gene, but coming from the European Union I can assure you people can defend themselves without guns. Personally (though I am no visionary with the solve-all answers), I think it depends on country size and (budget for) adequate police. I recall that in the Netherlands and Belgium, small countries, no guns are allowed and people live quite safely.

Our island is little, too.

I'm speaking in the sense of crime. If you look at the forums 80% of it is populated by criminal organizations looking to hurt, rob, or sell weapons and drugs. When we remove firearms from people that means they can only use it for hunting and that's about it. I want them to feel protected and safe. And considering this won't be too much of a quiet Island I doubt we'd be able to have that peace.

1 hour ago, ThomasHetch said:

I am sorry I didn't understand that you were saying a real life story. I am sorry about you dad by the way.

It happened many years ago, he's fine now of course but he nearly bled out.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, looper1235 said:

What is your point

Edited by Qlight123