mrmccheesie

Can you go to jail for singing bad in the karaoke bar?

if i were singing in a karaoke bar and there just happened to be a cop in the bar and my singing is giving everyone aids can the police interfere and take me to jail?

• Like 3

From the level of realism they mentioned in their overview video, I don't think arresting someone for screaming in to a Mic would be fair(money seems like it's going to be tight already.) Though the cops will likely have the ability to detain and move people whenever they see fit...

Another way they might consider is a the karaoke bar having a quiet section in the back bar opposite from the stage (behind a plexiglass wall) that either mutes the stage volume completely or severely limits what you can hear, with perhaps a way to vote to remove them via Red button or whatever.

I've seen that kind of setup at a metal club when I saw Amon Amarth and they were setting people's brains on fire with volume.

Maybe if enough voted against the singer a off duty cop, or low level bounty hunter working security would then be able to remove them. 

4 hours ago, mrmccheesie said:

if i were singing in a karaoke bar and there just happened to be a cop in the bar and my singing is giving everyone aids can the police interfere and take me to jail?

Nope, hopefully they won't damage your ear drums too bad ;)

13 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

Irony aside, I hope cops (starting from a certain rank, to avoid abuses) will be able to mute abusive people :/

That will still be abused.

On 22/10/2017 at 8:10 AM, mrmccheesie said:

You cannot be put in jail in real life for bad singing and so no, you cannot be jailed for it. That is not a crime and also the karaoke bar is for people to have fun, laugh at peoples bad singing etc.

1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

That will still be abused.

Yes, but who will silence people then? You'll need an army of moderators... By the way, if appliances for in-game responsibilities are open (dissociated from jobs, of course) I'd definitely be interested!

6 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

Yes, but who will silence people then? You'll need an army of moderators... By the way, if appliances for in-game responsibilities are open (dissociated from jobs, of course) I'd definitely be interested!

There possibly will be a local mute for players!

On 10/23/2017 at 4:01 PM, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

On 10/23/2017 at 4:03 PM, LuckyDuck said:

There possibly will be a local mute for players!

What Lucky said or if they're being abusive then technically they could be put in jail for harassment which would add to the realism instead of a mute button.

5 hours ago, Capped said:

What Lucky said or if they're being abusive then technically they could be put in jail for harassment which would add to the realism instead of a mute button.

Yeah, but there still should be a quick way to silence people, to avoid harassment or bullying

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Capped said:

You cannot be arrested without being flagged for a crime and so, you cannot actually arrest them for such things in Identity as it would be impossible for the devs to code something which will flag you for harassing someone and so a mute button would be locally for said person.

47 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

You cannot be arrested without being flagged for a crime and so, you cannot actually arrest them for such things in Identity as it would be impossible for the devs to code something which will flag you for harassing someone and so a mute button would be locally for said person.

If not arrested, then definitely there should be a system in place to allow mods/admins to do something with people being verbally abusive so that the servers can still be civilized and safe from verbal abuse. I already know that once this game comes out the trolls are going to flock here so fast, just thinking about gmod makes me shiver. 

37 minutes ago, NanoSpace said:

If not arrested, then definitely there should be a system in place to allow mods/admins to do something with people being verbally abusive so that the servers can still be civilized and safe from verbal abuse. I already know that once this game comes out the trolls are going to flock here so fast, just thinking about gmod makes me shiver. 

I am not totally sure how the devs plan to prevent such things but there won't be a lot of staff to be even available all the time to prevent any of these things and so a local mute is easier while, there will be a reporting system.

38 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

I am not totally sure how the devs plan to prevent such things but there won't be a lot of staff to be even available all the time to prevent any of these things and so a local mute is easier while, there will be a reporting system.

I guess, but I still imagine it would be a good idea to have player mods to help out, especially when this game gets bigger. Bad PR is never good and if there is anyway to prevent it, it's always a good idea.

41 minutes ago, NanoSpace said:

I guess, but I still imagine it would be a good idea to have player mods to help out, especially when this game gets bigger. Bad PR is never good and if there is anyway to prevent it, it's always a good idea.

Well, there won't be so many mods to be able to help all the time like in private servers. This is why official servers won't have all the rules like RDM, CDM, FAIL RP, Meta-Gaming etc because there won't be people all the time to enforce such things.

54 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Well, there won't be so many mods to be able to help all the time like in private servers. This is why official servers won't have all the rules like RDM, CDM, FAIL RP, Meta-Gaming etc because there won't be people all the time to enforce such things.

I know, I'm talking about more along the lines of harassment and stuff so that people can feel safe during their sessions.

7 minutes ago, NanoSpace said:

I know, I'm talking about more along the lines of harassment and stuff so that people can feel safe during their sessions.

I meant it is the same reason why there is no rules, because there will be little to any mods to be able to enforce them on official servers. Harassment happens everywhere in games and is hard to catch on official servers.

19 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

I meant it is the same reason why there is no rules, because there will be little to any mods to be able to enforce them on official servers. Harassment happens everywhere in games and is hard to catch on official servers.

That's no reason to just not deal with it, people won't want to play if trolls and harassers aren't dealt with, leading to bad PR that would hurt the game. My point is there should be mods because that's just generally a service provided by games like this. Its a service that makes people feel safe in-game and allows for the devs to keep a positive image. Lack of mods can kill a game and I would hate to see that happen here. 

On 22/10/2017 at 8:10 AM, mrmccheesie said:

Nah but someone might just straight up shoot you in the head haha :D

59 minutes ago, NanoSpace said:

That's no reason to just not deal with it, people won't want to play if trolls and harassers aren't dealt with, leading to bad PR that would hurt the game. My point is there should be mods because that's just generally a service provided by games like this. Its a service that makes people feel safe in-game and allows for the devs to keep a positive image. Lack of mods can kill a game and I would hate to see that happen here. 

I am sure that a lot of games like Rust and such which have official servers don't have mods constantly on their servers or such and well I just think it will be hard to get people because if the moderators do something then it makes the devs look even worse because it is the company's image.I get your point and I will ask what will happen to prevent such things but in reality how many games have any mods stopping such things. (GTA has none and many more like it).

2 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

I am sure that a lot of games like Rust and such which have official servers don't have mods constantly on their servers or such and well I just think it will be hard to get people because if the moderators do something then it makes the devs look even worse because it is the company's image.I get your point and I will ask what will happen to prevent such things but in reality how many games have any mods stopping such things. (GTA has none and many more like it).

Precisely, the only thing that may need to be decided is how people become police on these official servers.  Having mods may be nice but if they abuse and it gets out it reflects badly on the game as a whole.  Maybe you should be a mod LuckyDuck ,  Just don't abuse :P 

On 22-10-2017 at 9:10 AM, mrmccheesie said:

Yeah i think you get sentenced until Identity 2 comes out.So yeah...

I thought I'd heard there was a 'bad cop' feature, can't they arrest people for terrible singing, or for being ugly, or something?

2 hours ago, Bushido0 said:

I thought I'd heard there was a 'bad cop' feature, can't they arrest people for terrible singing, or for being ugly, or something?

Welcome to Garry's Mod RP then

• Like 1