Lamar

Injuries

I have no doubt that there will be some form of injury system, but I was thinking, what if there was a system wherein, depending on where and how you are injured, you get a corresponding injury, for example, if you are shot in the leg, and must go to a hospital, where they will put a cast on you, give you some crutches and then you have to stay like that for say 2 in-game weeks (realistic times might be a bit too much, given it is a game). And if you are say, gutshot, and you get to hospital in time, you have to stay in a hospital bed for 1 week (same reason as before). Just a thought, might be too hard to do but it would be great if it was.

Edited by PaulieMariano
  • Like 1

Pretty sure they've got some system like this lined up but I sure hope they go as far with it as you've said here. If it's too hard maybe they could have a limp that you carry for a while after you receive treatment on whatever leg you were injured on.

@PaulieMariano If they were to implement that though, it could be detrimental to gameplay as you will probably come across a kid who is RDMing, and you get shot. But, if you were injured during a robbery, I think that would make sense. I hope the medical system the Devs implement is advanced, but not to advanced as it can slow gameplay down a lot. But good ideas, keep it coming! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulieMariano said:

I have no doubt that there will be some form of injury system, but I was thinking, what if there was a system wherein, depending on where and how you are injured, you get a corresponding injury, for example, if you are shot in the leg, and must go to a hospital, where they will put a cast on you, give you some crutches and then you have to stay like that for say 2 in-game weeks (realistic times might be a bit too much, given it is a game). And if you are say, gutshot, and you get to hospital in time, you have to stay in a hospital bed for 1 week (same reason as before). Just a thought, might be too hard to do but it would be great if it was.

Don't think the cast and crutches thing will or should be in the game. It would be cool if you were shot in the leg, you limped for a little, and then crawled, then had to go to the hospital, and they fix it. This would b great in itself. 

4 minutes ago, KevinLangston said:

Don't think the cast and crutches thing will or should be in the game. It would be cool if you were shot in the leg, you limped for a little, and then crawled, then had to go to the hospital, and they fix it. This would b great in itself. 

why not? it would basically be the exact same thing, but it looks more realistic.

Mainly because 95% of people would hate that. Sure its a realistic roleplay, but in that case, why not have one life, and all your money, houses, etc, get reset when you die... Because in the end it is still a game. 

Maybe if it was an Option, so you could have crutches if you wanted to. But the Devs have tooooooons of features to add, and they cant add every single detail and animation for every scenario possible. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KevinLangston said:

Mainly because 95% of people would hate that. Sure its a realistic roleplay, but in that case, why not have one life, and all your money, houses, etc, get reset when you die... Because in the end it is still a game. 

Why would people hate what is nothing more than an additional graphic? The main point of this was the hospital stays etc. and to be honest your arguments make no sense, I realize the devs are busy, but if they have the time, this function would be good and that cast would be good.

• Like 1

You say why would people hate the "additional graphic". Well obviously, maybe people want to go to the hospital, get fixed, and be on their way, not restricted, and stuck having to walk at a very slow pace, partially immobilized, most people want to just continue with what their doing without things like that needlessly getting in your way.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KevinLangston said:

You say why would people hate the "additional graphic". Well obviously, maybe people want to go to the hospital, get fixed, and be on their way, not restricted, and stuck having to walk at a very slow pace, partially immobilized, most people want to just continue with what their doing without things like that needlessly getting in your way.  

but you admit that they would have a limp? a limp and being on crutches could be only a slight difference, I'm not suggesting everyone moves around like snails.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2016 at 5:04 PM, KevinLangston said:

I mean a limp, until you get to the hospital and they fix you. 

that's pretty unrealistic though, you get kneecapped and you're injured until you get to hospital?

Edited by PaulieMariano

You should be injured for a set amount of time after being in hospital. 

You get knee capped, you can't walk until you get to hospital then when your out you should have a limp for awhile

If you die you should only have half health and stamina, maybe something like that

6 hours ago, PaulieMariano said:

that's pretty unrealistic though, you get kneecapped and you're injured until you get to hospital?

Yes it's also unrealistic that you can get shot in the head, but come back to life, but thats what video games are. 

• Like 1

As far as I know they do have different "results" depending on where you got shot/cut, like limbs going limp.

But I agree with @KevinLangston. Game is still a game and it's meant to be fun. Everything in the game, even prison, is still meant to be etertaining, not annoying or boring. And I fail to see how being pilled down to a bed in a hospital for a week, which might be hours or even days in rl, is fun. You can't work, you can't hang out with people, you can't really do anything apart from watching TV or browsing the internet, or eating, or taking pills. Doesn't sound like fun at all! If I got shot, endured the in-game week of boredom, got shot again and my life was saved by some doctor, I'd just quit the game until I could play again as a not-pilled-down-to-bed-character. It really sounds like dying would be a better option- you just wait a little while, respawn with less money/items than you had, but you're good to go and actually play the game and have fun! 

Even with broken bones- you can hang out with people, but you're painfully slow and in some cases can't work. For 2 weeks. Which again might be days in real life. You can't be a policeman with crutches. Or a stripper with a cast. You not only miss out on a huge part of the gameplay, but you also can't earn money, which means you can't buy basic necessities like food or pay your rent if you haven't saved up enough.

Injury system you suggested here to me seems way worse than going to Identity's jail...

The way I understand it in Identity after you go to a hospital, they treat you and you're 100% healed. Unless it's an addiction or something. You only suffer consequences of poor health/injuries before you see a doctor.

Edited by Vix

On 2/14/2016 at 3:43 AM, KevinLangston said:

Yes it's also unrealistic that you can get shot in the head, but come back to life, but thats what video games are. 

It's a pretty big difference between making injuries realistic and having no respawn, seriously think your arguments through

• Like 1

On 2/14/2016 at 1:13 AM, Chuc said:

You should be injured for a set amount of time after being in hospital. 

You get knee capped, you can't walk until you get to hospital then when your out you should have a limp for awhile

If you die you should only have half health and stamina, maybe something like that

This is basically what I meant, so yeah, as for hospital stays they would obviously not be too long because that would be really boring, perhaps 1-2 in game days, less even

• Like 1

i hope it will not be like in dayz get shot IN 1 LEG you have to go prone. like why can't i jump on 1 leg or have a friend help me walk or use a stick.

11 hours ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

@DUCATISLO I don't think they will go that realistic. 

If they want to make a realistic life sim they will have to

Edited by Chuc

@AndrewDonaldson it is annoying but I find it more annoying shooting someone 50 time and the only bullets that stop them are headshots. 

In this game I want to be able to stop someone with not killing them. One shot in arm and one in leg. No cop will be after me for murder and that person doesn't have to die and I only use a couple bullets.