jabba_the_slut

small scale drug operations

when people think of drug farming most of the time you would think of massive fields of canibis or heroin, but i think it would be cool if you had a small operation happening in conjunction with your normal job.

the mix of legal carears and illegal activities would be great, such as a fireman owning a coupple of marijuana pots that he ocasionally makes some from.

also, would doing ilegal activities reflect your carear? like being suspended or sacked for being caught with a joint, or reported for robbing a shop

share your ideas!

There will be a police record to each server as far as I'm aware at this point in time, since weed is legal in Oregon, it wouldn't effect me if I had a joint but the developers have their choices and I'd imagine impairment on the job or having intoxicants on the job could transfer to a suspension or being fired.

Weed being legal isn't up to us, it's up to the currently serving governor on the server. :)

You can get hydroponics systems for your home that will allow you to do small scale growing without as much risk as growing outside, but you're very limited in how much can be done at a time.

yup, you move your operation outside and you risk getting caught. you got a solid carrer as a cop so you dont wana loose your job, not worth the risk so you decide to keep it inside for less payout.

What if you invited the sheriff to come over and you've got your weed plants in the bath tub? Um sir, would you head upstairs, my downstairs bathrooms clogged........ 

Lol xD

12 hours ago, Paratus said:

Weed being legal isn't up to us, it's up to the currently serving governor on the server. :)

You can get hydroponics systems for your home that will allow you to do small scale growing without as much risk as growing outside, but you're very limited in how much can be done at a time.

Who will be the default governor when you first launch the game? 

There will already be a system because Motown plays often, building and designing to- but you gotta get that mental image and such. Gotta see how well their game blends and such.

If player housing is instanced then surely a small grow is a safe way to earn a bit of extra cash early game?  If you don't allow anyone in then you'll not get caught.  Or can the police force entry to any instanced housing on the server if they suspect criminal activity?   

@Lord_Binky If Police suspect you of growing weed for the purposes of selling, I think they'd have to obtain a warrant first before entering your home. That'd give you enough time to either smoke, or sell your stash and get rid of the evidence!

1 minute ago, Sicario said:

@Lord_Binky If Police suspect you of growing weed for the purposes of selling, I think they'd have to obtain a warrant first before entering your home. That'd give you enough time to either smoke, or sell your stash and get rid of the evidence!

They burst in to find a red-eyed Lord_Binky sprawled on the floor.  Binky looks at the policeman and says "You missed the party officer... Did you bring any munchies?"  

So with a warrant the can gain access any home-instance?  If so that's pretty amazing:D

Now I will just advertise this in a small scale... We would happily be the Middle Man for any operation considering danger og smuggeling people, clothes, drugs and other cargo. 

Please take contact if that is the case. We already have half of identity's trust. But hey, I hate drugs so I won't go that easy with the danger lying there.