TheNerdyChef

Interview with the developers

Question

Hey guys! I am currently setting up an interview together with @LuckyDuck.
There will be unique questions, no simple questions that mostly are being asked on the forums.

I am planning to get a lot more insight on the game, without asking too difficult questions that would ruin the expense. 
If you have any questions u would like to ask the developers, please feel free to reply to this thread. I will run them down, and questions
that look interesting and are worth to ask will be added to the list. ( You will be mentioned as well if it comes to that )

Thank you for your read, and thank you very much for participating.
Enjoy your day!

@luckyduck

Generally, try ask the questions which don't get asked a lot if that makes sense. So pretty much the common questions like dates or things which won't get a good answer.

That is my personal opinion and I just think you better ask the questions which never / rarely get asked.

• Like 6

45 answers to this question

Could you ask them when they finally plan on releasing pledge previews? I know they said they would, but they never gave an idea as to when. Screenshots would suffice for starters, I'm sure. Later we'll see more with the modules and all. But adding screenshots on the pledge website, or at the very least concept art would help convince more people to pledge. Or pledge a higher tier. Even for the people who pledged now, like us, our rewards are kinda mysterious now. What's the difference between the one-bedroom apartment and the luxury one-bedroom apartment for example? Do we get a screenshot? A sneak preview of a floor-plan maybe? I've pledged $250 for the sports car (well, I pledged mainly to support this awesome game), so I kinda do wish to see what I'll be getting for that kind of money. And I'm very curious of the lower tiers as well, what did I skip? Show me that dirt bike, and that used motorcycle. Show me that studio, and those apartments.

Either way:
- It could help convince more people to pledge (higher).
- It would show us some love for our continuous support and patience.

I don't think I'm asking something impossible, like a release date. ;)

Edited by Genesai
Typo.
  • Like 3

On 7/31/2017 at 11:06 AM, TheNerdyChef said:

Hey guys! I am currently setting up an interview together with @LuckyDuck.
There will be unique questions, no simple questions that mostly are being asked on the forums.

I am planning to get a lot more insight on the game, without asking too difficult questions that would ruin the expense. 
If you have any questions u would like to ask the developers, please feel free to reply to this thread. I will run them down, and questions
that look interesting and are worth to ask will be added to the list. ( You will be mentioned as well if it comes to that )

Thank you for your read, and thank you very much for participating.
Enjoy your day!

So, I want to pledge,  but still on the fence.  I essentially have 2 questions, what areas exactly do they need funding for at the moment? Man power? Technology? To pay themselves so they can program full time? Servers, etc.

And let's say for whatever reason they can't get the investors they need, I know they said the project wouldn't just be scrapped but would take a lot longer to produce, but do they have back up plans for 3 years from now when everyone here stops following the updates and forgets about the game?  Because my big concern is this turning into another Duke Nukem.  15 years into development and it wasn't what people were expecting and it died really quick.

**EDIT** for personal curiosity would you be able to ask how in-depth the creation system goes? What if I want to start an "organization" with a group of people that dress up in armor and medieval clothing, and beats each other up with swords for fun.  Is that something we might be able to do in the game?

Edited by Boredomfalls
it was better than adding an entire separate post

55 minutes ago, Genesai said:

Could you ask them when they finally plan on releasing pledge previews? I know they said they would, but they never gave an idea as to when. Screenshots would suffice for starters, I'm sure. Later we'll see more with the modules and all. But adding screenshots on the pledge website, or at the very least concept art would help convince more people to pledge. Or pledge a higher tier. Even for the people who pledged now, like us, our rewards are kinda mysterious now. What's the difference between the one-bedroom apartment and the luxury one-bedroom apartment for example? Do we get a screenshot? A sneak preview of a floor-plan maybe? I've pledged $250 for the sports car (well, I pledged mainly to support this awesome game), so I kinda do wish to see what I'll be getting for that kind of money. And I'm very curious of the lower tiers as well, what did I skip? Show me that dirt bike, and that used motorcycle. Show me that studio, and those apartments.

Either way:

Same, currently I have the biker pledge but I would like to see some concept art of the difference between the one bedroom appartment or the luxury one bedroom appartment so I could think about upgrading to either of them.

Same with the motorcycle and the dirt bike, kinda curious about that concept art.

14 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

All jobs don't get paid unless you complete a task e.g. deliver a table to house 1 Roseport city..... 

I am sure there will be something else but the devs don't want people to afk with an hourly pay but instead do actual jobs/ tasks to get paid.

Will the cops be the only job that they can afk and get paid ? In the twitch stream last week they said cops will get a hourly pay...why would the other jobs have do tasks to get paid they should get hourly pay too + pay for tasks for all jobs.......If the cops are the only class that can get paid for afk 75% of server will be cops 

11 hours ago, kmk777 said:

Will the cops be the only job that they can afk and get paid ? In the twitch stream last week they said cops will get a hourly pay...why would the other jobs have do tasks to get paid they should get hourly pay too + pay for tasks for all jobs.......If the cops are the only class that can get paid for afk 75% of server will be cops 

The other jobs will also get similar pay likely but you have to do tasks to get more money.

• Like 1

Hey i do not know if someone asked this yet, but will owner/admins powers be would they have a menu like infistar, reason why i ask this, so if someone is using a cheat menu for teleportation, cheating money etc for on non official servers. would admins/owner get like a custom spectating option for each player, or like dots of players appear on the in game map, kind of like how infistar had theirs for a3 to watch out for cheater's, was the best tool to have..

1 hour ago, RosaRoundBottom said:

Hey i do not know if someone asked this yet, but will owner/admins powers be would they have a menu like infistar, reason why i ask this, so if someone is using a cheat menu for teleportation, cheating money etc for on non official servers. would admins/owner get like a custom spectating option for each player, or like dots of players appear on the in game map, kind of like how infistar had theirs for a3 to watch out for cheater's, was the best tool to have..

The Anti cheat engine will be built from ground up by the developers. We know that we will have a cpanel to customise the server with various things but I am not sure how the menu for in-game will be but as far as I know, admins cannot spawn money themselves I believe.

10 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

The Anti cheat engine will be built from ground up by the developers. We know that we will have a cpanel to customise the server with various things but I am not sure how the menu for in-game will be but as far as I know, admins cannot spawn money themselves I believe.

Did not ask for a menu to spawn money for admin's xD . i am asking if their is going to have something like infi-star you know a admin menu, let you watch players, boxed esp, to see if they was teleporting and so fourth, besides i do not agree with admins getting the permission to spawn in money that would well would ruin identity

• Like 1

On 05/08/2017 at 5:18 AM, RosaRoundBottom said:

Did not ask for a menu to spawn money for admin's xD . i am asking if their is going to have something like infi-star you know a admin menu, let you watch players, boxed esp, to see if they was teleporting and so fourth, besides i do not agree with admins getting the permission to spawn in money that would well would ruin identity

The devs will likely make their own menu which covers certain things but having admin esp would ruin the game also as it could be abused e.g. an admin tells his friend when to raid places.

3 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

The devs will likely make their own menu which covers certain things but having admin esp would ruin the game also as it could be abused e.g. an admin tells his friend when to raid places.

true on my server if admins abuse they lose it and probably lose playing on the server i take cheating very seriously especially in rp games

• Like 1

I'd like to ask about modding and servers.

Will you be able to create your own server? If so, will people be able to change features of the game on their dedicated server?

Will you be able to mod the game?

Oh, and will the game be on Steam or any other form of game platform? (Not sure if this has been asked..)

Edited by Aengul

7 minutes ago, Aengul said:

Will you be able to create your own server? If so, will people be able to change features of the game on their dedicated server?

I heard something about allowing Mods, and yes you can have your own servers. 

23 hours ago, Aengul said:

Oh, and will the game be on Steam or any other form of game platform? (Not sure if this has been asked..)

Create a server? No. You'll be able to rent one out of a list of hosts that the developers approved. You won't be able to run the server yourself at home on a dedicated box. You'll be able to change certain settings for sure. Do know you won't be able to change things that would be game-breaking (game-balance). Also as admin you cannot spawn money and such. Admins won't have the right to cheat. Let me put it like this.
Modding won't be included at the date of release. They promised to look into it post-release. But even that is no promise of it actually being implemented in the long run.
This game will most likely ONLY be on Steam. Other platforms (consoles) are a thing they will look into as well post-release. And again: no promises of delivery.

23 hours ago, RosaRoundBottom said:

I heard something about allowing Mods, and yes you can have your own servers. 

So both these are wrong at the moment.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2017 at 6:45 PM, Genesai said:

Either way:

They showed us the concept art for the dirt bike on stream on Thursday or Wednesday last week and We should be seeing more as of this week and next week on the concept art for the vehicles and I have not heard anything on the apartments but if you have seen the concept art from ages ago for the studio apartment then that is likely what it will look like.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

They showed us the concept art for the dirt bike on stream on Thursday or Wednesday last week and We should be seeing more as of this week and next week on the concept art for the vehicles and I have not heard anything on the apartments but if you have seen the concept art from ages ago for the studio apartment then that is likely what it will look like.

Yeah I saw that stream. I even posted the picture of the dirt bike in the screenshots myself. My question came prior to the stream. Unless I've misheard, I think they even mentioned releasing floor plans. 

7 minutes ago, Genesai said:

Yeah I saw that stream. I even posted the picture of the dirt bike in the screenshots myself. My question came prior to the stream. Unless I've misheard, I think they even mentioned releasing floor plans. 

I hope you have not miss heard! I wasn't around for the whole stream so I don't know if I missed anything else and I just wanted to confirm when they said as the question is not really needed anymore; well most it anyways.

2 hours ago, Genesai said:

Create a server? No. You'll be able to rent one out of a list of hosts that the developers approved. You won't be able to run the server yourself at home on a dedicated box. You'll be able to change certain settings for sure. Do know you won't be able to change things that would be game-breaking (game-balance). Also as admin you cannot spawn money and such. Admins won't have the right to cheat. Let me put it like this.
Modding won't be included at the date of release. They promised to look into it post-release. But even that is no promise of it actually being implemented in the long run.
This game will most likely ONLY be on Steam. Other platforms (consoles) are a thing they will look into as well post-release. And again: no promises of delivery.

So both these are wrong at the moment.

dont know how i could be wrong on saying i heard something about mods being allowed, too me in renting a server basically gives you full control over it making you the owner of that server till you no longer pay, in every game i've played where you could rent servers the guy paying for that server is the owner of it. and second if you read, i never said anything about allowing admins spawning in money, i said to check and see if people is spawning in money, and if you re read in another comment i did say i would hate if admins could spawn in money, because then the game would be useless it would just turn into arma 3's so called role play servers. " so if someone is using a cheat menu for teleportation, cheating money etc" <--- saying this and asking if we will get a admin menu like infi-star said "LIKE" meaning not 100% because infistar let you spectate people, let you teleport to them invisible to see if they was cheating or not, and if they do add a menu like this they need to add the restrictions too like level 1 only gets simple kick powers level 2 gets kick and spectate and level 3 usually for owners only would get the full menu, but yes if i buy a game if i rent a server for probably 50-60 hell maybe a 100's a month depending on how much it is per slot, i would love to have a menu to keep the damn cheaters out and a way i can view people who i suspect of cheating, or using scripts. how the hell can i watch someone cheat if i cant spectate them, i cant really follow them around if they have box esp on and can see every player on the map and dont go around and say "oh they cant do that" because yes they can ever player model has a box just like that to make the hit box etc, and with a few simple scripts it can show up to a person who activates it. not trying to sound like a B*tch just like most server owners and players. i dont like cheaters ruining my server, ruining the fun, ruining the experience i mean look how bad gta v was, then they got so anal on their anti cheat you playing the game regularly could get you suspended, well now its character wipe 30 day ban then next is perm, and dont say oh own servers gonna have their own ban/kick system yes i'm fully aware that they will but lets say their main anti cheat decides to ban you for no reason like gta v's system does well then any server in that game, will not allow you to join unless its cheat wall is disabled for that wall, take arma 3 and battle eye for instance you get banned from battle eye well you really cant play any game that uses battle eye. and no i'm not bringing the game down like arma 3 and gta v i like gta for single player modding, and i like arma 3 for it being it, and i'm gonna love identity for it i just dont want the game to be ruining by some A**holes you cant play the game right and got to cheat. 

@RosaRoundBottom

I really wanted to reply to your wall of text, but I had issues following about halfway through. For the sake of us all, I won't quote it.

But I will repeat myself. I replied to your "owning a server". Which is incorrect, you can lease one, not set one up yourself. You do not own it. @Aengul asked if you could create one, which you cannot. You can only lease one. Creating a server means setting up a dedicated box yourself.
And to your "allowing" mods I said there won't be mod support at first, and maybe never. They promised to look into it post-release, but didn't promise it will actually be a thing.

So yes, both your statements are false. You may have heard there will be mod support, I just corrected you on that. There may be mod support. Just maybe.

@RosaRoundBottom Basically, renting is not you owning it, you are paying money to use said thing. for example I am paying you rent for me to live in your apartment which you own it. I do not own the apartment. That is basically what @Genesai is saying to you. 

Mods are possible in the future but they are not planned. The devs said they promise to look further into modding but it is not a promise of implementing modding into the game.

13 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

@RosaRoundBottom Basically, renting is not you owning it, you are paying money to use said thing. for example I am paying you rent for me to live in your apartment which you own it. I do not own the apartment. That is basically what @Genesai is saying to you. 

And as in real life you are under contract and aren't allowed to do whatever you want with that apartment. The landlord will restrict you in certain areas. The same will apply when you rent/lease a server. It's too soon to say exactly what they will restrict, but they already gave us a general idea.