Striker

Chatting

Some people might say bad words in game. Is it possible to make it so no one can say bad words? It can prevent many more people from being able to play and buy the game. It can offend many people and make them not play. Is their some way to turn off the bad words people might say?

It's going to be RP and there was a topic that said this game was going to be 18+. If they did add something it would be client side censorship only.

It would be really hard to monitor and censor voice chat real time for everyone on the server

• Like 1

You can't censor voices in real time because it takes time to analyse words you say. For example siri or ok!Google take time to understand what you say. So you will add delay to communications in game, which is not possible, imagine you talk with a guy who answer you 5 s later, it's too long!

Honestly can't imagine censoring voice chat. Not only would there have to be some speech analyzer that'd delay talking implemented, but it's impossible it'd catch curse words all the time. If you have an accent or a lot of noise in the background it'd most likely fail to catch the swear. And there'd definitely be not necessary censorship of completely safe, innocent words, like Fog or Tick. Or piiiiip-sapiens. 

• Like 1

As the guys (and girl) said above it would more or less be impossible to censoring the voice chat. Text chat in the other hand  could be possible.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, intyala said:

As the guys (and girl) said above it would more or less be impossible to censoring the voice chat. Text chat in the other hand  could be possible.

Very possible but with voice being uncensored censoring text seems a little pointless

• Like 1

On 1/24/2016 at 0:57 PM, Striker said:

Some people might say bad words in game. Is it possible to make it so no one can say bad words? It can prevent many more people from being able to play and buy the game. It can offend many people and make them not play. Is their some way to turn off the bad words people might say?

Swearing is part of a mobster's job description. Idk about you guys but I'm gonna be swearing a lot in-game.

Edited by Johnny
  • Like 1

You can always buy headphones so your parents won't hear xD Chat will very likely have the option to censor it. 

20 minutes ago, Vix said:

You can always buy headphones so your parents won't hear xD Chat will very likely have the option to censor it. 

Swearing is fine for me but maybe not some others. I also got headphones a while ago.:D

20 minutes ago, Striker said:

Swearing is fine for me but maybe not some others. I also got headphones a while ago.:D

Maybe someone will make a private PG server and will kick out people who swear.