Identity has already confirmed a hunting system and player made products being directly affected by Supply and Demand. My question is how hunting fits into this mechanic of Supply and Demand. For example: If a player is constructing an exotic fur coat to sell across specific Identity locations, would he in turn have to order the furs that are being affected by how much hunters are supplying within the market(s)? 

A few other questions to raise about hunting: How will the license system work? Does the player simply apply for a general hunting license or will he have to request them per specific animal. Perhaps a tier based system? (Player starts with a starter license that allows him to hunt Rabbits, smaller birds, ect.) 

Another question I feel I should raise is hunting seasons. Is it planned to have specific periods of time on the server where certain animals are off limits to be hunted? This could be a neat way to attmept to manage the Supply and Demand of servers in a less aggressive way. Example: A player who hunts deer and attempts to sell it a period of time where deer are not to be hunted, then he could potentially earn more money (unless the Supply is simply too large). Also a cool idea for penalizing hunters for killing animals that are off limits is by charging the player a small fee, temporarily revoking the license or some of its features/benefits. Or by penalizing said hunter in a form of progression (less progress earned from hunting over a small period of time or deducting a small amount of progress). 

I apologize for the barrage of questions and ideas. The hunting aspect of Identity has been running rampant in my head lately and I felt that I should share some of these ideas to hear what you all think, or perhaps get a response from some of the Devs to hear their thoughts. I understand they are a bit hands full balancing other ideas, and pushing some of the limitations they may be experiencing while implementing other great features to the game. Thank you all for your time :)

Edited by ZombieShock
  • Like 3

I don't know much about supply and demand but I would imagine it would be like the Steam Market, too many of a singular card - price will drop.

That'd be really cool to have off limit animals for x_amount of time, don't know how hunter licensing would work if it would be like an achievement unlock (Killed 50 Rabbits, Hunter Rank II) type thing or would it just be like, (100 Hours spent as Hunter, Upgrade Available at Career Center) but I can see where you get the idea from I've played some other hunting games that do this and would like to see this happen in game (minus paying for dlc to upgrade for higher ranked game)

I really hope the Hunters/Farmers will have the Castle Doctrine where you're allowed to kill trespassers, and also really hoping for Lever-Action type rifles.

(I'm also really hyped to farming and hunting in this game :) )

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xentinel said:

I really hope the Hunters/Farmers will have the Castle Doctrine where you're allowed to kill trespassers, and also really hoping for Lever-Action type rifles.

(I'm also really hyped to farming and hunting in this game :) )

Ain't no one touching my chicken coop >.> lol

On 22.1.2016 at 5:12 AM, ZombieShock said:

Identity has already confirmed a hunting system and player made products being directly affected by Supply and Demand. My question is how hunting fits into this mechanic of Supply and Demand. For example: If a player is constructing an exotic fur coat to sell across specific Identity locations, would he in turn have to order the furs that are being affected by how much hunters are supplying within the market(s)? 

A few other questions to raise about hunting: How will the license system work? Does the player simply apply for a general hunting license or will he have to request them per specific animal. Perhaps a tier based system? (Player starts with a starter license that allows him to hunt Rabbits, smaller birds, ect.) 

Another question I feel I should raise is hunting seasons. Is it planned to have specific periods of time on the server where certain animals are off limits to be hunted? This could be a neat way to attmept to manage the Supply and Demand of servers in a less aggressive way. Example: A player who hunts deer and attempts to sell it a period of time where deer are not to be hunted, then he could potentially earn more money (unless the Supply is simply too large). Also a cool idea for penalizing hunters for killing animals that are off limits is by charging the player a small fee, temporarily revoking the license or some of its features/benefits. Or by penalizing said hunter in a form of progression (less progress earned from hunting over a small period of time or deducting a small amount of progress). 

I apologize for the barrage of questions and ideas. The hunting aspect of Identity has been running rampant in my head lately and I felt that I should share some of these ideas to hear what you all think, or perhaps get a response from some of the Devs to hear their thoughts. I understand they are a bit hands full balancing other ideas, and pushing some of the limitations they may be experiencing while implementing other great features to the game. Thank you all for your time :)

you know what happens when you hunt all deers, right? :D

16 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

you know what happens when you hunt all deers, right? :D

No D: but something tells me I don't want to find out.

5 hours ago, ZombieShock said:

No D: but something tells me I don't want to find out.

we would have to eat ingame vegetables D:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

Or we could chop up and cook YOU! :D

• Like 1

On 1/24/2016 at 1:42 PM, Shimozukachi said:

Oh man that sounds horrible D:

On 1/24/2016 at 2:06 PM, Vix said:

Or we could chop up and cook YOU! :D

Vix totally just made me think about Canabalism in game .-. that would be an interesting crime to have on record.

5 hours ago, ZombieShock said:

Oh man that sounds horrible D:

Vix totally just made me think about Canabalism in game .-. that would be an interesting crime to have on record.

Motown would be up for it xD

Cannibalism won't be in game though. 

44 minutes ago, Vix said:

would be funny if you would get noobs into your car to produce soylent green :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vix said:

I know :c its really unfortunate but I guess somethings are better left on the drawing board. Besides that might complicate things later when trying to get the game released.

trust me. i know millions of crazy other ways to hunt other players without evidences (like the classic: i threat you in my apartment with a gun to get your money and tell the cops that it's your rent)

'it was hunting accident officer, I thought he was a deer honest'

That may work. Maybe. As long as your not in town. Just ask them to go for a nice country walk, while your loading your rifle coz you can't hide it.

If hunting gives you drops it could lead into the clothing business so we can make cloths from the animals allowing a bit of money to come out of the system there.

To add more realism I think that there should be no actual penalty for killing an animal that is off season. Instead we could have a park ranger going around and if he catches u then you would be in deep doodoo. IRL people hunt illegaly all the time and get away with it with no penalty. Its only if they get caught that shit hits the fan

• Like 1