Codes320

Text chat

Hi. I just have a quick question. Will there be in-game text chat for those of us that can't or don't feel comfortable using mics but still want to communicate with the world? Thanks!

They said there will be a text chat for RP'ers that feel more comfortable RPing with text chat.

" Text chat will be available to you in Identity! There will be local chat, as well as private messaging. We acknowledge that the convenience of voice chat isn't always what people want in every situation. Whether you are shy, or you want to pretend to be someone else, or even if someone in your proximity is trying to sleep, we don't want to suppress your ability to get a message across, but we do think that those who want and will use voice chat, will inherently have an enhanced experience in Identity "  -Motown

• Like 2

I will probably text chat with people that im not confident enough to speak english, i feel very ashamed by my accent even though i lived in usa for 4 months, people probably share the same feel i have when speak a foreign language inconfidence! Identity will be, hopefully, a english practice game for me and for others too :)

@Lexan Don't worry about your accent, people in america love foreign accents. Just enjoy the game and have fun!

• Like 4

I don't believe it matters if you have an accent or if you don't speak English fluently.  You should never be embarrassed by these things.  Not everyone is from an English speaking country.  The main thing is to play the game and have fun while you do! 

• Like 2

On 6/12/2017 at 6:29 PM, Lexan said:

I will probably text chat with people that im not confident enough to speak english, i feel very ashamed by my accent even though i lived in usa for 4 months, people probably share the same feel i have when speak a foreign language inconfidence! Identity will be, hopefully, a english practice game for me and for others too :)

You shouldn't be ashamed of your accent that doesn't even make sense! You are who you are and don't worry about what anyone thinks. Plus most people like foreign accents like @Tanner_ said.

• Like 1

Hi, I am new to playing Identity and I can't for the life of me figure out controls such as where do i type to use the text chat that I can see on the bottom left of the screen? Also right now I am stuck on the elevator because i dont know how to activate ANYTHING including doors and buttons. Any help is appreciated including redirecting me to another thread where these questions may have been answered.

52 minutes ago, Ashmaebe said:

Hi, I am new to playing Identity and I can't for the life of me figure out controls such as where do i type to use the text chat that I can see on the bottom left of the screen? Also right now I am stuck on the elevator because i dont know how to activate ANYTHING including doors and buttons. Any help is appreciated including redirecting me to another thread where these questions may have been answered.

Here is a beginners Guide: 

Bear in mind that most 'natural' English speakers, can ONLY speak english. So if English is your second language you are already ahead on the education front. If anyone is ignorant enough to disparage your accent or grammar... ask them to communicate in your language instead. That will shut them up. But honestly, I don't think you will have any problems like that.  Most people are happy to speak to fellow gamers, wherever they are from.