I was going to ask this quite a while ago but I just haven't gotten around to it until now. Will there be any provision made for those among us who can not speak, have speech disorders that make it difficult to speak, or do not want to use a microphone for any other reason? And by provisions I mean will characters have any general hand gestures, be able to use keyed sound bites (i.e. in-game soundboards), or macros etc? Just curious, I've encountered situations in the past where players will get very irate and insulting when someone doesn't "talk" and it has probably upset me (in a sad way, not an angry way) more then it should to be honest.

Yes. There will be pop-up text balloons for people who cant speak.You type some text into a box and bingo! It pops up over your head!

I think they might put just a chat box in a corner of the screen instead of chat bubbles floating above heads. We have at least one mute player in our community now so glad you can type instead of speaking. :D I'll have to get a better mic...

Just hope the chat bubbles wont be gigantic and distracting, would suck if you're trying to do something sneaky and your partner has a giant bubble pop up that gives you away.

8 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

Just hope the chat bubbles wont be gigantic and distracting, would suck if you're trying to do something sneaky and your partner has a giant bubble pop up that gives you away.

For some reason that sounds like ultimate comedy to me. *POP* "Hi guys! Hey what are we doing?" *POP* "Oh we're sneaking up on those guys?" *POP* "I think they know we're here, they seem to be drawing their weapons!" *POP* "Wait, why you guys so mad, it only game!"

1 hour ago, Xentinel said:

A possible fix for that would be only make it show the bubble to people who have line of sight on you

I highly doubt there will be text bubbles. It's probably going to be a small chatbox somewhere on a corner of your screen. You can have group chats and calls too (I guess via your phone that you either bought or automatically get in-game) to chat without anyone else seeing it but your group members.

Standard talk keys will most likely not be used, I can see the hometown filled by people spamming them, even if there are timers on them, doubt it will happen. Maybe on unofficial servers though. However, animations such as greeting people and such will be included.