Prevantis

Money making difficulty estimate

THIS MAY NOT BE ACCURATE IT DOES NOT ACCOUNT FOR BUYING MORE MONEY AT ONCE.  I KNOW YOU WONT BE ABLE TO BUY MONEY INGAME.  THIS MAY ALSO BE COMPLETELY WRONG JUST GUESSING.

I wanted to know how difficult it would be to make money so i saw that the difference between the cabbie and the motorist pledge was that with the motorist you got $1000 it costs $10 more so not taking aything else into account each real life dollar equates to $100 ingame dollars.  Now comparing this to gta with the lowest value shark card (to try to minimalise the 'bulk discount') it was $100,000 for $2.99 so this equates to $1 real life to $33,444.82 ingame.

so the ratio of ingame money for indetity:gta is 1:334.4

so if we dont factor in anything else then we can estimate that for every $334.4 you earn in gta you would earn $1 in identity

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Prevantis said:

THIS MAY NOT BE ACCURATE IT DOES NOT ACCOUNT FOR BUYING MORE MONEY AT ONCE.  I KNOW YOU WONT BE ABLE TO BUY MONEY INGAME.  THIS MAY ALSO BE COMPLETELY WRONG JUST GUESSING.

I wanted to know how difficult it would be to make money so i saw that the difference between the cabbie and the motorist pledge was that with the motorist you got $1000 it costs $10 more so not taking aything else into account each real life dollar equates to $100 ingame dollars.  Now comparing this to gta with the lowest value shark card (to try to minimalise the 'bulk discount') it was $100,000 for $2.99 so this equates to $1 real life to $33,444.82 ingame.

so the ratio of ingame money for indetity:gta is 1:334.4

so if we dont factor in anything else then we can estimate that for every $334.4 you earn in gta you would earn $1 in identity

Ok, right the way in game money will work is the $1 in game will be like a $1 in real life and you will get things costing closely to real life e.g. a house will cost $100,000 or more etc. A T-shirt may cost $30 and phones may cost like $100 or so for a new model. Everything will be as close to real life as possible and so in that case it will be hard to make money in the game. 

1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

Ok, right the way in game money will work is the $1 in game will be like a $1 in real life and you will get things costing closely to real life e.g. a house will cost $100,000 or more etc. A T-shirt may cost $30 and phones may cost like $100 or so for a new model. Everything will be as close to real life as possible and so in that case it will be hard to make money in the game. 

Sorry to disappoint you but I work in a telecom company and that is far from the cost of a new model of phones. Try closer to 1k

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gabzo said:

Sorry to disappoint you but I work in a telecom company and that is far from the cost of a new model of phones. Try closer to 1k

I was giving an example. A phone could cost a lot more yes but they also can cost as much as a shirt. The price range can differ a lot and also that is for both clothes and phones.

I think it wouldn't be too hard. It would probably take some grinding to get some money, but that's how games are meant to be played. Maybe 2-3 jobs a day could land you a few thousand dollars.. It depends on how often you work and how much you work I would assume. You only get paid for the work you do, so if you take a break from the game for a week you won't get any income, and the payment is instantly I believe, much like missions in GTA V.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tanner_ said:

I think it wouldn't be too hard. It would probably take some grinding to get some money, but that's how games are meant to be played. Maybe 2-3 jobs a day could land you a few thousand dollars.. It depends on how often you work and how much you work I would assume. You only get paid for the work you do, so if you take a break from the game for a week you won't get any income, and the payment is instantly I believe, much like missions in GTA V.

Id say the only way to make money when your not playing is if you had a well run business with employees that will stock it up since the tills are manned by ai

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tanner_ said:

GTA money is easily got, and this game will have it a lot harder than that. You could be earning $20 for every in-game hour and right now that would be for every 10 minutes real life time is 1 hour in game. So you will get $120 for 1 real life hour with $20 as the hourly rate as an example. So if you 3 hours then you will make $360 in game. If you want to earn more than $1k then you need to work 9 hours real time to get $1080 in game. That to me is going to be hard enough to make / earn a lot of money. So for every 45 hours real time you will earn a total of $5400 if you earn $20 per in game hour. Ok, so at a $20 rate, if you want a car you will need roughly $30,000 and so to earn $32,400 you need to work for 270 hours real time.

2 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

GTA money is easily got, and this game will have it a lot harder than that. You could be earning $20 for every in-game hour and right now that would be for every 10 minutes real life time is 1 hour in game. So you will get $120 for 1 real life hour with $20 as the hourly rate as an example. So if you 3 hours then you will make $360 in game. If you want to earn more than $1k then you need to work 9 hours real time to get $1080 in game. That to me is going to be hard enough to make / earn a lot of money. So for every 45 hours real time you will earn a total of $5400 if you earn $20 per in game hour. Ok, so at a $20 rate, if you want a car you will need roughly $30,000 and so to earn $32,400 you need to work for 270 hours real time.

if its difficult to make money will there be loans? like to purchase a house or car or something. i know there will be apartments to rent but if its anything like real like ( or close to) its always better to pay a mortgage then pay rent

12 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

if its difficult to make money will there be loans? like to purchase a house or car or something. i know there will be apartments to rent but if its anything like real like ( or close to) its always better to pay a mortgage then pay rent

I think there won't be loans at first likely I am not sure but they said possibly in the future.

• Like 1

The value of money will be determined by the player driven free market as will the value of everything else.

As far as how easy it is to earn money, this depends on the job market, inflation rates, how willing banks are to create debt etc.

Edited by uncannierlink
  • Like 1

On 5/31/2017 at 0:42 PM, uncannierlink said:

The value of money will be determined by the player driven free market as will the value of everything else.

As far as how easy it is to earn money, this depends on the job market, inflation rates, how willing banks are to create debt etc.

I agree, the free market will determine almost all prices. 

• Like 1