Sign in to follow this  
OmegoGanla

Can We record Town square To youtube?

Question

Can We record the game when town square is out ? or its not allowed? if we can that would get alot of audience for the game. @TheDynasty @cobra and many more youtubers who will record 

26 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, OmegoGanla said:

Can We record the game when town square is out ? or its not allowed? if we can that would get alot of audience for the game. @TheDynasty @cobra and many more youtubers who will record 

Yes! You will be able to record all 3 modules and beta!

• Like 5

@OmegoGanla You seem to be asking a lot of stupid questions, not to start drama, but like 10,000 players on a server? General knowledge of game development says that a game of this quality + 10,000 people at the same time = bad things. Also, why would they not allow you to record? They obviously want excitement for the game and have already recorded videos themselves. Try thinking before posting in my opinion.

2 hours ago, DLimit said:

It is not a stupid question based on the sole premise that hundreds of gaming companies prevent players from recording content within their BETA-versions of the game considering that it would disclose sensitive information and ideas to other gaming companies.

Think twice prior to insulting a human being.

Haha hey bud, this isn't technically a "beta", and this isn't a normal game either. Most information has already been released to us including various videos. With this knowledge it should be quite easy to determine that they like attention and showing off what they've done -- obviously concluding from that, videos would be more than helpful. Games you're talking about are AAA games that we barely know anything about before release. This is a game that the community can follow, unlike AAA titles. :) and he is asking very irrelevant questions, check his profile. Cited, "Can Male Cops arrest Female Cops.", this is just pure stupidity. Thanks anyway.

5 minutes ago, SummitsEdge said:

Haha hey bud, this isn't technically a "beta", and this isn't a normal game either. Most information has already been released to us including various videos. With this knowledge it should be quite easy to determine that they like attention and showing off what they've done -- obviously concluding from that, videos would be more than helpful. Games you're talking about are AAA games that we barely know anything about before release. This is a game that the community can follow, unlike AAA titles. :) and he is asking very irrelevant questions, check his profile. Cited, "Can Male Cops arrest Female Cops.", this is just pure stupidity. Thanks anyway.

Is it CONFIRMED that players are capable of recording their gameplay within the modules and beta version of the game? Otherwise, one should not form such conclusions considering that it is merely a hypothetical opinion rather than a fact.

2 hours ago, OmegoGanla said:

go kill urself hobo

Considering I have a computer capable of running this game, along with the fact that I'm able to purchase this game, additionally, computers require electricity usage and lots of room (for a desktop anyway). I'm nowhere near a hobo. Also, @DLimit, how about check some of this kid's insults -- don't even f*cking talk about ME insulting a human being. I stated I didn't intend to insult him, and neither did I really insult him until I was insulted in which I pointed out the high possibility that he might be 11 or somewhere around that age. Returning back to @OmegoGanla, I recommend you refrain from suggesting suicide as many to most teenagers in this era suffer from major depressional and anxiety issues -- this might highly offend others. I meant to keep this civilized and just explain that you're kind of flooding the forums and taking away Moderators time from answering more worthy questions -- but of course we have the immaturity level here to not be able to do that.

Thanks ~ SummitsEdge

• Like 1

Considering I have a computer capable of running this game, along with the fact that I'm able to purchase this game, additionally, computers require electricity usage and lots of room (for a desktop anyway). I'm nowhere near a hobo. Also, @DLimit, how about check some of this kid's insults -- don't even f*cking talk about ME insulting a human being. I stated I didn't intend to insult him, and neither did I really insult him until I was insulted in which I pointed out the high possibility that he might be 11 or somewhere around that age. Returning back to @OmegoGanla, I recommend you refrain from suggesting suicide as many to most teenagers in this era suffer from major depressional and anxiety issues -- this might highly offend others. I meant to keep this civilized and just explain that you're kind of flooding the forums and taking away Moderators time from answering more worthy questions -- but of course we have the immaturity level here to not be able to do that.

Thanks ~ SummitsEdge

The individual has been reported for promoting acts of sexual assault and suicide within the forums. However, my person shall continue to argue that the question within the original post is fairly intelligent and necessary for one to ponder.

Is it CONFIRMED that players are capable of recording their gameplay within the modules and beta version of the game? Otherwise, one should not form such conclusions considering that it is merely a hypothetical opinion rather than a fact.

8 minutes ago, DLimit said:

It is now confirmed, due to HairyGrenade's response. There is reasonable evidence to assume that statement, also if this was the case, Asylum would have released such information about this -- which I find no where? 

• Like 1

It is now confirmed, due to HairyGrenade's response. There is reasonable evidence to assume that statement, also if this was the case, Asylum would have released such information about this -- which I find no where? 

Thank you very much for the civil response, Mr. SummitsEdge. Enjoy the upcoming module!

11 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Thank you very much for the civil response, Mr. SummitsEdge. Enjoy the upcoming module!

Unsure if you're being sarcastic or not -- unsure with the people on this forum. Would like to know if you don't mind. Would rather end this war finally, not in the mood to argue, just wanted to point out the irrelevant questions that have been asked by said individual.

EDIT: To add, I'd rather not go into this game having a bad reputation with any members. I'm simply defending my stand in the argument.

Edited by SummitsEdge

Stop the Beef.  You two can just duel it out when the game comes out.  For now lets just chill :)

1 hour ago, Cstove said:

Stop the Beef.  You two can just duel it out when the game comes out.  For now lets just chill :)

Again, as stated, not attempting to argue -- all him. I simply defended myself and listed claims on why I was correct.

1 hour ago, SummitsEdge said:

Unsure if you're being sarcastic or not -- unsure with the people on this forum. Would like to know if you don't mind. Would rather end this war finally, not in the mood to argue, just wanted to point out the irrelevant questions that have been asked by said individual.

EDIT: To add, I'd rather not go into this game having a bad reputation with any members. I'm simply defending my stand in the argument.

The statement was 100% serious rather than sarcastic considering that you did not respond to any of my statements in an uncivil manner.

8 minutes ago, DLimit said:

The statement was 100% serious rather than sarcastic considering that you did not respond to any of my statements in an uncivil manner.

Awesome, hard to decipher emphasis over text, haha.

Asks to be moderator...

Hey! I don't mean to be impatient, but I was just going to notify you that I sent in a moderator application. Sorry if I come off as being impatient, stuff like this just always gets me nervous.

Insults someone for asking a decent question. :\

1 hour ago, timmytim101 said:

Asks to be moderator...

Hey! I don't mean to be impatient, but I was just going to notify you that I sent in a moderator application. Sorry if I come off as being impatient, stuff like this just always gets me nervous.

Insults someone for asking a decent question. :\

Just so you know, you never mentioned those 2 people in blue to give them a notification. You need the '@' befor the name like so; @timmytim101 

Also in regards to your mod application, they have messaged those who made it and so; If you got a message from them then you know if they picked you. Good Luck anyways.

Edited by JamesLuck01
EDIT
  • Like 1

Well its nice that you ask, (or people in general ask) before just do things like filming the gameplay or interaction...

There can happen 2 things:
1. The youtuber gives a terrible impression of the game (highly unlikely, but still who knows)
2. The youtuber gives an awsome review (more likely) of the game, and that brings more interest to the game.

So to answer youre question it does falls a bit to the ground, because how will you prevent it, that someone (youtubers) are making ingame recording with a 3. party program, and then put it on Youtube. ?  (the question kinda falls back to you).

But in the end, why should they be against publicity, when the devs are doing a good job with the game ?

9 minutes ago, Turaxis said:

So to answer youre question it does falls a bit to the ground, because how will you prevent it, that someone (youtubers) are making ingame recording with a 3. party program, and then put it on Youtube. ?  (the question kinda falls back to you).

If they said you cannot record and post on YT then, they can take down the footage as it would be in agreement on launching the game.

10 minutes ago, Turaxis said:

But in the end, why should they be against publicity, when the devs are doing a good job with the game ?

Publicity is good, but some companies want things not to be revealed by players if it is at early stages and "The modules" is like an Alpha stage set, but because they are standalone parts of the game, it will be more feature full for aspects they have said would be included and a "First Impression" is needed to be great for the game to become better in the long run.

7 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

If they said you cannot record and post on YT then, they can take down the footage as it would be in agreement on launching the game.

Its not that easy to get through at Youtube to take away a videoclip another user have posted, unless police are involved, and doubt they care about a beta from the game. (But sure give it a try)

Im sure that the most seen youtubers will make that point clear that its on an early stage, alpha/beta (only first module etc.).

6 minutes ago, Turaxis said:

Its not that easy to get through at Youtube to take away a videoclip another user have posted, unless police are involved, and doubt they care about a beta from the game. (But sure give it a try)

Im sure that the most seen youtubers will make that point clear that its on an early stage, alpha/beta (only first module etc.).

No, YouTube would take the video down instantly without the police being involved because the devs could show the agreement on startup to YouTube as proof and that obviously is going to get it taken down otherwise they could get sued as a worst case scenario and also YouTube are required to take a video down for a video violating something.

It start to be a bit off topic, but its not that easy as you say it is. Its very much up to where the person lives, in US then they have to follow the law about patent rights, but in north europe (where I live) are the privacy law put up over the patent law, and protects the private persons against those patent laws.

To take an ex. Disney got some of their films copyed, spread out on the internet, they did try to put on a law sue, on some persons here, that did download the films, (they could prove it through IP addresses, packages etc.. But the law here protect them and say as long as it was for private use (non profit) then that counts for more than a law about patent right. (this did happend for real here)

And there have been youtubers here that they have refused to take videos from their sites, because the internet privacy counts for more than patent laws, as it is here.

But sure if you think Asylum have more funding than Disney to fight the law about patent rights (over a beta release good luck)

1 hour ago, Turaxis said:

But sure if you think Asylum have more funding than Disney to fight the law about patent rights (over a beta release good luck)

They can just complain to YT about it and theYT takes the video down for "Copy Right infringement" then the YT'er can counter it and have to prove they are innocent.

Im not talking about YT, but a law sue against the person doing it. (YT can have their own guidelines from country to country, but its really up to YT to handle those issues)

It is not counting as copyright here, because they allready payed for the game, and payed for the program to record it with, and if they are doing it for non profit, then its not against any laws here, regardless what asylum have writed in their policy. (because they allready got payed for the product). The only thing Asulum can do are to ban those users that did it with no refunding. But to win a law sue here on those terms, is highly doubtable Asylum will have a chance in any court here.

IF Asulum did let people try the game for free, on alpha/beta on terms that it would be forbidden to do ingame filming, or release any ingame footage, then it would be something else law wise here. (But thats not the case)

Alot of internet providers are refusing to say who their customers are if a company ask, (only police have the right to get that info, so again it have to do with serious crime, and this is not counted as a serious crime, to play a game that the person payed for to play, and show other their own gameplay),

50 minutes ago, Turaxis said:

Im not talking about YT, but a law sue against the person doing it. (YT can have their own guidelines from country to country, but its really up to YT to handle those issues)

It is not counting as copyright here, because they allready payed for the game, and payed for the program to record it with, and if they are doing it for non profit, then its not against any laws here, regardless what asylum have writed in their policy. (because they allready got payed for the product). The only thing Asulum can do are to ban those users that did it with no refunding. But to win a law sue here on those terms, is highly doubtable Asylum will have a chance in any court here.

IF Asulum did let people try the game for free, on alpha/beta on terms that it would be forbidden to do ingame filming, or release any ingame footage, then it would be something else law wise here. (But thats not the case)

Alot of internet providers are refusing to say who their customers are if a company ask, (only police have the right to get that info, so again it have to do with serious crime, and this is not counted as a serious crime, to play a game that the person payed for to play, and show other their own gameplay),

I said worst case scenario, which rarely ever happens but nevertheless it could happen, as anything can. Anyways YT has Terms which are the same everywhere but yes your point is valid, but my point is also valid.