Hey there,

I was wondering(and therefore decided to make a post) if there were limitations, like distance or coverage(house, vehicle, lab, ...) when citizens are using either the Text chat or the VoIP chat(if there is one in the first place). Can someone give me an answer and tell me if there are Local, Global, Vehicle, etc. "channels" for chatting? 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Plumixtee said:

Hey there,

I was wondering(and therefore decided to make a post) if there were limitations, like distance or coverage(house, vehicle, lab, ...) when citizens are using either the Text chat or the VoIP chat(if there is one in the first place). Can someone give me an answer and tell me if there are Local, Global, Vehicle, etc. "channels" for chatting? 

Thank you!

With voice chat, there is a proximity and so unless you use a mic then at a big distance people won't hear you. I know if you are talking behind a door and it is a closed one then the sound will be quieter and also muffled for the other person e.g. objects affect sound...

Text chat will likely be a local and like ooc chat, but not sure.

• Like 5

I do know that Asylum is designing the game to influence voice chat for users to create immersion, and that text chat will be limited. The best way to use text chat will most likely be through texting on your ingame phone, which like in real life, will not have a distance barrier, I'd assume.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2017 at 7:58 PM, Devonor said:

I do know that Asylum is designing the game to influence voice chat for users to create immersion, and that text chat will be limited. The best way to use text chat will most likely be through texting on your ingame phone, which like in real life, will not have a distance barrier, I'd assume.

I hope adding/having contacts is where you already have the people in your session added into your contacts, otherwise it might be difficult to talk to people if VoIP doesn't work or there is no/minimal text chat, and if this were to be REALLY realistic, then you would need to actually find the number of the person you wish to contact, which might be more realistic, but would also make it sort of annoying.

57 minutes ago, Orbiit said:

I hope adding/having contacts is where you already have the people in your session added into your contacts, otherwise it might be difficult to talk to people if VoIP doesn't work or there is no/minimal text chat, and if this were to be REALLY realistic, then you would need to actually find the number of the person you wish to contact, which might be more realistic, but would also make it sort of annoying.

I do remember reading somewhere that you will have to add other players to your contacts in order to call or text them. You do not automatically have all of the players on the server in your phone like in GTA V. You will have to meet someone and ask them for their phone number. This should be interesting for dating rp for if girls refuse to give a guy her phone number lol

• Like 1