inkihh

Hyper realistic VOIP

I don't know if it's planned that way, but since Identity is set up as a hyper realistic MMORPG, it would be cool if VOIP would be set up in this way:

• - Players must wear a headset which is always open
  • - If you're near a player, you can hear what he is saying
  • - There's no way to disable this

See, this is how it works in the real world. If I talk to someone, there's no real way to make someone who is standing nearby NOT hear what's being said. Whispering, maybe. Or walking away. But the regular VOIP system where you can choose to only talk to party/group members just doesn't feel to be appropriate for Identity.

Cheers,
  inkihh

7 minutes ago, inkihh said:

I don't know if it's planned that way, but since Identity is set up as a hyper realistic MMORPG, it would be cool if VOIP would be set up in this way:

• - Players must wear a headset which is always open
  • - If you're near a player, you can hear what he is saying
  • - There's no way to disable this

See, this is how it works in the real world. If I talk to someone, there's no real way to make someone who is standing nearby NOT hear what's being said. Whispering, maybe. Or walking away. But the regular VOIP system where you can choose to only talk to party/group members just doesn't feel to be appropriate for Identity.

Cheers,
  inkihh

It will be if you are near you will hear the conversation yes.

2 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

It will be if you are near you will hear the conversation yes.

Will it be like arma 3 life where we can set it to whisper, shouting ect

I prefer that type of voice communication over always hearing somebody all the time. It makes RP games feel more alive.

7 minutes ago, BlackHood said:

Will it be like arma 3 life where we can set it to whisper, shouting ect

If you are close then you will hear them, if behind a wall the wall will cause disruption of hearing them clearly.

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

If you are close then you will hear them, if behind a wall the wall will cause disruption of hearing them clearly.

Nice! Thanks for clearing that up.

8 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I am so up for that feature

I still say it's a good idea to have the option to create a private chat group. Like in the police car, to coordinate tactics and reports without others being able to hear.

4 minutes ago, Mentality said:

I still say it's a good idea to have the option to create a private chat group. Like in the police car, to coordinate tactics and reports without others being able to hear.

But would not be realistic, because if someone is next to you then they should definitely hear the convo even if they are not apart of the group... as IRL you cannot talk next to a guy and he won't hear unless he has a hearing impairment..

Well what about the idea of other players not being able to hear any chat in cars unless they are inside the car with them? That seems realistic. There could be a police chat to receive alerts and report crimes committed.

9 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

But would not be realistic, because if someone is next to you then they should definitely hear the convo even if they are not apart of the group... as IRL you cannot talk next to a guy and he won't hear unless he has a hearing impairment..

But James The Man, I can't hear jack shit if somebody is talking in a car with their windows rolled up. 

There are different environments that should affect the volume of our voice. People behind a wall or in a car should be difficult to overhear unless you are inside with them. But if a person is inside a cave their voice should be amplified, and have an echo. Lol That's a lot to think about, but it is realistic.

39 minutes ago, Mentality said:

People behind a wall or in a car should be difficult to overhear unless you are inside with them. But if a person is inside a cave their voice should be amplified, and have an echo. Lol That's a lot to think about, but it is realistic.

It has already been confirmed that walls muffle sound and make hearing harder through them and that would be the same with car windows being rolled up.

Cool. Will there be a police dispatcher that sends police to crime scenes? That should not be muffled and all police should be able to hear it, no matter their location on the map.