Arlmar

Hunter

So seeing as how there seems to be a thread about half a dozen other jobs, how about one on hunters.

Identity is a self run game correct? We need to provide materials? That includes meat and hide. I feel a hunter is a very interesting job. It not only requires a skill at shooting but business skills also to find places to sell your hide and meat. Not to mention what happens when your quota grows. You might need to hire an apprentice. You will need to know what kind of weapon to use to best get your prey. I feel it is a very undersold profession.

(I am fully aware that in depth hunting probably won't be added, but a large amount of my points are still valid.)

I think Identity is limitless. I feel that the devs are going to change the way RPG's are created and interacted with. If they do pull off what they say they can, the world of gaming will change forever. So I would say this to you. You might not be able to do certain things on release but eventually I think you will be able to do what ever you can imagine.

• Like 1

Hello there,

From the trailer and the first time I heard them speak in an interview there will be some sort of things planned for hunting. It would however be nice if they made sure to make it not just a point and click thing and put some sort of 'thought' into it.

Otherwise everyone would just be able to do everything and you'd be stupid for specializing. So here's hoping for the best in regards to hunting!

Kind regards,
DJScias

2 hours ago, DJScias said:

Hello there,

From the trailer and the first time I heard them speak in an interview there will be some sort of things planned for hunting. It would however be nice if they made sure to make it not just a point and click thing and put some sort of 'thought' into it.

Otherwise everyone would just be able to do everything and you'd be stupid for specializing. So here's hoping for the best in regards to hunting!

Kind regards,
DJScias

Perhaps it could be a find animal or bait animal situation in which you shoot the animal with a bow(as bullets can ruin meat if you shoot the wrong areas or from the wrong point of view)

Then you go get said animal, quick skin it, and take the animals materials back home Where you can craft into something worth money, cook it, or package it to sell it.

I want a bears pelt so I can have a cape/cloak when hunting. 

Or on a more immersive level, I want the bear to be my carpet or blanket.

I know you can be a hunter, live in the woods, kill for your food, bears, deer, etc. But it would also be cool if there was a big system for this. Being able to hunt, and then sell your meat, fur, beaver tail, WHATEVER, and make money off of it. This would be really cool to buy a big bear rug off a hunter, and put it in front of my fireplace. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KevinLangston said:

I know you can be a hunter, live in the woods, kill for your food, bears, deer, etc. But it would also be cool if there was a big system for this. Being able to hunt, and then sell your meat, fur, beaver tail, WHATEVER, and make money off of it. This would be really cool to buy a big bear rug off a hunter, and put it in front of my fireplace. 

That's what I am saying. The hunter job could be so much more than a basic shoot things get meat. It could turn into a whole enterprise and will likely be one of the jobs keeping the economy supplied with some of its most important materials.

I just hope that as Scias said. (Continues to fight urges to call embarrassing name) They make it more than point and click, and put some actual detail into it.

That's another interesting fact, what if the economy relied on players very heavily, like the restaurants actually needed the physical meat shot by hunters, and they needed it delivered to actually make their food. 

2 hours ago, KevinLangston said:

That's another interesting fact, what if the economy relied on players very heavily, like the restaurants actually needed the physical meat shot by hunters, and they needed it delivered to actually make their food. 

I really like the idea of the economy relying on the players and actions of one another. To be able to survive, people would have to spread out in different jobs, if a lot of people were doing one job, that job would not make very much money. Therefore people would be less likely to do this job. If jobs were supply and demand based (which was mentioned I believe in one of the articles/trailers) for each job, the economy would be very different in each place. So the hunters could be a very important job by supplying "restaurants" or grocery stores with food, or even clothing stores with fur.

2 hours ago, KevinLangston said:

Hello there,

I've always liked an idea like this.. I used to RP on a GTA SA-MP Zombie RP server where there was a faction that supplied the gas stations with gas with their tankers.. Without them you'd be on foot and thus very vulnerable for zombies.. Once shit like that happens, you start depending on these guys and actually protect em so they can do their job and in turn save you. This was aided by the fact that the penalty as a zombie was harsh.. You needed to get 2-3 PLAYER kills before you got the option to respawn as a human again..

But yeah, I like the player-delivered and -stocked system.. But not sure if it's viable for all parts of the game as there are probably jobs that are not interesting for players to play online and would rather avoid.. Thus creating an issue in that particular chain.. But I guess that all depends on how it'll go at release, of course.

Kind regards,
DJScias

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DJScias said:

But yeah, I like the player-delivered and -stocked system.. But not sure if it's viable for all parts of the game as there are probably jobs that are not interesting for players to play online and would rather avoid.. Thus creating an issue in that particular chain.. But I guess that all depends on how it'll go at release, of course.

Even if its not very interesting. People who like to jump from job to job to try different things, (lots of people get bored doing the same thing everyday), this could be a way to make some money, if a job is needed the pay would be higher, but if to many people are doing this job, the pay would fall and be less. Supply and Demand. :)