DanDud88

So to best describe this game

So if I want to describe this game to people should I say it's like "The Sims" crossed with "Grand Theft Auto Online" crossed with "Farm Simulator" crossed with Those many tycoon games crossed with????.

I saw a news article that described it as "If The Sims and GTA had a baby, this would be the game"

Those are all pretty good answers. The closest well-known game to the crime/heist side of things would probably be the Payday series.

14 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

I saw a news article that described it as "If The Sims and GTA had a baby, this would be the game"

I can picture one of the reviews on the back of the box saying "What Grand Theft Auto Online should have been!!!! 10/10".

Edited by DanDud88

I'd call it a "Life sim". It's so weird that there are so many Building sims but when it comes to Life sims there's literally only Sims and few bad mobile games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vix said:

I'd call it a "Life sim". It's so weird that there are so many Building sims but when it comes to Life sims there's literally only Sims and few bad mobile games.

and Identity :)

22 minutes ago, jcdock said:

and Identity :)

Yeah. It's great that such great developers figured out we're short on those titles :D Most people I know love roleplay and making their own characters but hate making or describing houses, interior designs etc. I have no clue why there are so many building games! I'd love more life simulators.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vix said:

Yeah. It's great that such great developers figured out we're short on those titles :D Most people I know love roleplay and making their own characters but hate making or describing houses, interior designs etc. I have no clue why there are so many building games! I'd love more life simulators.

I guess because there aren't many out there to the major dev company's it looks like a niche market not worth their dev time but all it takes is for one game to do really well in a particular genre and it might take off

11 minutes ago, jcdock said:

I guess because there aren't many out there to the major dev company's it looks like a niche market not worth their dev time but all it takes is for one game to do really well in a particular genre and it might take off

I began to wonder if Sims franchise/EA has copyrighted the idea or something. I mean, Sims are a big franchise and they earn a ton of money. Everyone knows about Sims, even people who never played it. It's hard to believe no one ever tried to make anything Sim-like. o:

47 minutes ago, Vix said:

I began to wonder if Sims franchise/EA has copyrighted the idea or something. I mean, Sims are a big franchise and they earn a ton of money. Everyone knows about Sims, even people who never played it. It's hard to believe no one ever tried to make anything Sim-like. o:

Trust me Vix, there have been multiple attempts even though I can't get any off the top of my head. Most of them however either weren't very good or didn't have the right backing to become what they could be.

23 minutes ago, Arlmar said:

Trust me Vix, there have been multiple attempts even though I can't get any off the top of my head. Most of them however either weren't very good or didn't have the right backing to become what they could be.

I don't really know many. Usually people post under "Sim like games" stuff like Second Life, IMVU or some bad mobile games, like Virtual Families. There's really a tiny amount of games where you can create characters and make them have a normal life. It's just weird.

8 minutes ago, Vix said:

I don't really know many. Usually people post under "Sim like games" stuff like Second Life, IMVU or some bad mobile games, like Virtual Families. There's really a tiny amount of games where you can create characters and make them have a normal life. It's just weird.

I know. I spent my childhood dreaming of such a game. I was disappointed with the console version of sims. Although I very much enjoyed urbz sims in the city

Hello there,

To be honest.. I've always wanted a game (singleplayer or MMO) where you spent your life in prison and have to like join gangs, fight for turf, deal drugs, pay cops off, shank people, etc..

That'd be interesting to play, but unfortunately nothing really close to this has been released thus far.. So I'm hoping Identity will expand upon their prison system so that you can do things inside of prison too.

One can dream, after all!

Kind regards,
DJScias

• Like 1

Is it like second life but better?

And doesn't suck?

Edited by RevyGuy

2 minutes ago, RevyGuy said:

Is it like second life but better?

And doesn't suck?

Oh glob no. Have you ever even tried Second Life? I did. It's like online hell. And the characters look like monkeys by default. o-o In Second Life the only purpose is walking (and flying?) and, if you want- buying stuff. But you can't earn money for the stuff because there are no jobs apart from making your own stuff that people will buy. Second Life is a social game, but it's absolutely awful. Identity will be a Role Playing Life Simulation based on Cops & Robbers. It's more like GTA and Sims in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vix said:

Oh glob no. Have you ever even tried Second Life? I did. It's like online hell. And the characters look like monkeys by default. o-o In Second Life the only purpose is walking (and flying?) and, if you want- buying stuff. But you can't earn money for the stuff because there are no jobs apart from making your own stuff that people will buy. Second Life is a social game, but it's absolutely awful. Identity will be a Role Playing Life Simulation based on Cops & Robbers. It's more like GTA and Sims in my opinion.

Yeah its horrid, I'm just hoping its not going to be anything at all like that and making a half-joke.

Thank you.

Edited by RevyGuy
  • Like 1