RevanPG

The Communist Party of Roseport (Retired)

Due to an overwhelming lack of support, I am retiring the Communist Party. The community is simply not ready for the enlightened ideals of a progressive post-scarcity egalitarian utopia.

Overview

The word "communist" has been associated with totalitarianism and autocracy ever since the establishment of the USSR. But communism was a merely the word they used to get power. The goal of communism is to create a better life for everyone, not just those fortunate enough to be born with money. We will fight for the working class, the proletariats, so that they can have a say in government decisions. 

"Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in ancient Greek republics: Freedom for slave owners." ~Vladimir Lenin

Platforms

Economics/Taxation: We want to balance the distribution of wealth among the citizens, so that there is not such a large gap as left behind by Ronald Reagan. We will institute new or higher taxes on the rich, while cutting slack for the working class. We are also set out on making services and goods people need affordable and not just a way for the capitalists to make more money. We will do this by nationalizing such industries as pharmaceuticals and banks.

Welfare: Everybody has a right to necessities, such as food and shelter. We will provide these basic things so that people can work and strive for their luxuries, not their life. 

Unemployment: A word that plagues our great nation. The Communist Party strives to end unemployment and, by extension, unproductivity. We will institute mandatory work for the unemployed so that everyone contributes towards making society a better place.

Healthcare: We want to provide free healthcare to every citizen, as they all have a right to life.

Gun Control: Guns will be completely banned for citizens, so to decrease gun related violence. People say guns don't kill people, people kill people, but in countries like the UK where their police officers don't even carry guns, gun crimes are drastically reduced.

In conclusion, our dream is to make life better for everyone. If you have any questions or want to join, just message me.

Edited by RevanPG
Life is so much bigger

6 hours ago, RevanPG said:

Economics: We want to balance the distribution of wealth among the citizens, so that there is not such a large gap as left behind by Ronald Reagan.

What does Ronald Reagan have to do with the world of Identity?  He was a president of the US, not the president of Identity!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jared said:

What does Ronald Reagan have to do with the world of Identity?  He was a president of the US, not the president of Identity!

Identity takes place within a state of the US.

9 hours ago, RevanPG said:

Identity takes place within a state of the US.

It does say the island will take place in the eastern US and is inspired by the Carolinas and Georgia.
They said the location was chosen because of the climate and terrain that could be inspired from those respective areas (eastern US, Carolinas, Georgia).

From what it sounds like so far, this land will be completely autonomous and therefore we'll be governing ourselves.  In other words, a micronation.

Edited by Jared

9 hours ago, Jared said:

From what it sounds like so far, this land will be completely autonomous and therefore we'll be governing ourselves.  In other words, a micronation.

I see. I assumed we were, in practice, a state partly because we have a Governor, not a President. I suppose we could be a state just in name, not in the way government works.

6 minutes ago, BluePandaIta said:

What about homosexual rights?

We are pro LGBT rights, and will support same-sex marriage.

Communism has no place on the "island of identity." You and your party will never have my vote sir. Good Day. Also, nice to meet you, I believe this is my first interaction with you specifically on the forum. It's a fun community! Hopefully we can role play in the future! VOTE CCP!

:)

Family First, Mission Always. Stay Safe.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Indoorseeker said:

Communism has no place on the "island of identity." You and your party will never have my vote sir. Good Day. Also, nice to meet you, I believe this is my first interaction with you specifically on the forum. It's a fun community! Hopefully we can role play in the future! VOTE CCP!

:)

Family First, Mission Always. Stay Safe.

Communism is the dream that the proletariat masses strive for. It's what keeps hope alive while they work all day for someone else's wealth. The class conflict will not last forever. The bourgeoisie will find defeat in this battle, and when that day comes, I will see to it that a better life is created for everyone. Also, good to meet you as well, I hope we do roleplay upon the release of this game! 

• Like 1

What will you be doing to help small businesses?

How much tax will the rich have to pay?

What are your policies to stop corruption from happening?

On 12/22/2016 at 6:00 PM, ErjonBerisha said:

What will you be doing to help small businesses?

Small businesses will receive tax breaks on their business taxes assuming they meet a certain criteria. This criteria will have to do with their revenue and net sales.

How much tax will the rich have to pay?

The rich will have to pay high taxes. I have not come up with an exact number as of yet, but it will be in the ballpark of 60%.

What are your policies to stop corruption from happening?

I have not fully decided what my policy will be here, but I am thinking of creating a small branch of the police force to investigate politicians and other white collar crimes. They will be semi-autonomous so that the politicians don't control them or affect their pay.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2016 at 8:45 AM, RevanPG said:

Small businesses will receive tax breaks on their business taxes assuming they meet a certain criteria. This criteria will have to do with their revenue and net sales.

The rich will have to pay high taxes. I have not come up with an exact number as of yet, but it will be in the ballpark of 60%.

I have not fully decided what my policy will be here, but I am thinking of creating a small branch of the police force to investigate politicians and other white collar crimes. They will be semi-autonomous so that the politicians don't control them or affect their pay.

In communism there is no "rich people." And I'm assuming (if this really is the communist party) ALL businesses will get taxed 100%. Right?

7 hours ago, Calico said:

In communism there is no "rich people." And I'm assuming (if this really is the communist party) ALL businesses will get taxed 100%. Right?

Our end goal is complete communism, but trying to implement too many communist policies at once could be catastrophic for the economy and for the well being of all citizens.

32 minutes ago, RevanPG said:

Our end goal is complete communism, but trying to implement too many communist policies at once could be catastrophic for the economy and for the well being of all citizens.

You think you'll achieve full communism by the end of a term?

1 hour ago, Calico said:

You think you'll achieve full communism by the end of a term?

Likely not, but I will try to accomplish as much as I can in that one term and hope for another.

4 hours ago, Qlight123 said:

What if I had worked hard for my money to become rich, it won't be fair

Ding ding ding. You discovered the fault of communism.

Communism looks good on paper but never works in real life and it wont in identity either. You strive for free everything life is good approach, I'm sorry  but everything is not going to work like that. This will put the whole island in debt. The idea of a doctor making the same as a garbage man would tick any common sense thinking person off. You talk about banning all guns to citizens, this will put a crucial businesses out of business as well as fuel the drug and gun trade to the point of becoming out of control. I don't like the idea of the government having all the guns.

On Friday, December 09, 2016 at 10:08 PM, RevanPG said:

Gun Control: Guns will be completely banned for citizens, so to decrease gun related violence. People say guns don't kill people, people kill people, but in countries like the UK where their police officers don't even carry guns, gun crimes are drastically reduce

False on many levels, but I'll give you an example: Where i live in Chicago, we have the most gun control in the entire USA, yet we have the most murders and crime

10 hours ago, Mikeybeast9 said:

False on many levels, but I'll give you an example: Where i live in Chicago, we have the most gun control in the entire USA, yet we have the most murders and crime

In the 2012 fiscal year, exactly five people in the United Kingdom were killed with firearms. In contrast, the US is responsible for 82% of gun related deaths in the world.

On 12/8/2016 at 8:08 PM, RevanPG said:

Gun Control: Guns will be completely banned for citizens, so to decrease gun related violence. People say guns don't kill people, people kill people, but in countries like the UK where their police officers don't even carry guns, gun crimes are drastically reduced.

With your proposed extreme power of government (Seizing the means of production, enforced high tax rates, forced government programs, etc.), what will the people use to defend themselves in the event of government tyranny? This has always been, and always will be a looming threat to any society run by a parliamentary government. 

On 12/8/2016 at 0:14 AM, Capitalist said:

Where is Liberty Prime when you need him?

I was thinking what would happen to the government if this party came to power! legit who would be up for armed rebellion to stop the commies?