Sign in to follow this  
Zeus

Making laws as governer

Question

The governer controls the laws, sales on houses, taxes, etc... what if there's a governer that is money hungry and puts the taxes way up and cuts everyone's pay in half. Is there a way to run him out of office? As a man who will be working a legal day job i'd hate to see someone like this in office.

ps: can mob families rig elections

Edited by Zeus

9 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I am sure there will be a way to vote him out of power. But I wonder what system will be to do this.

I can already see people protesting against someone like this, just like the trump protests lol.

The game should consist of the option for the majority to utilize democratic OR violent means towards overthrowing a corrupted leader within office. In the process, the bourgeois-state could hire private security officers and bribe state-controlled Law enforcement officers to protect their interests, as-well.

It is a harsh portion of reality...

<--- Espionage agent prior to retiring as a politician for the "Proletarian Political Movement" against the bourgeois-state.

On 12/4/2016 at 5:20 PM, Zeus said:

The governer controls the laws, sales on houses, taxes, etc... what if there's a governer that is money hungry and puts the taxes way up and cuts everyone's pay in half. Is there a way to run him out of office? As a man who will be working a legal day job i'd hate to see someone like this in office.

ps: can mob families rig elections

People will be able to vote him out or even assassinate him! ;)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DLimit said:

The game should consist of the option for the majority to utilize democratic OR violent means towards overthrowing a corrupted leader within office. In the process, the bourgeois-state could hire private security officers and bribe state-controlled Law enforcement officers to protect their interests, as-well.

It is a harsh portion of reality...

<--- Espionage agent prior to retiring as a politician for the "Proletarian Political Movement" against the bourgeois-state.

That's a good idea, i'd like to see that happen. The only issue is if you plan on playing on Official servers, you wont be able to bribe officials, corrupt police officers aren't permitted.

4 minutes ago, Valtorix said:

That's a good idea, i'd like to see that happen. The only issue is if you plan on playing on Official servers, you wont be able to bribe officials, corrupt police officers aren't permitted.

4 minutes ago, Valtorix said:

Does one possess any evidence in order to support the claim? Based on my understanding, Law enforcement officers possess the ability to accept bribes by criminals in order to "turn a blind eye". Thus, players would be expected to hire espionage agents in order to determine whether Law enforcement officers are "corrupted" or "Law-abiding" employees within the institution.

I had memorized a video stating that Law enforcement officers could be corrupted. However, Law enforcement officers cannot function as undercover officers.

I tweeted the devs for confirmation, but in another post this was said: "In Identity, or at least on official servers (private servers can change or disable certain features), there are gameplay restrictions for how police officers can interact with players or the environment, which are subject to change based on testing. In some cases, a player must first be reported for a crime before a police officer can arrest them. You won't see random arrests, and trolling behavior will be punishable via an officer reporting function, even potentially leading to a long-term ban from joining the police force for certain abuses. The goal here is to ensure that only people who take this role seriously will play as police officers." (

)

If you look at previous posts as well about the subject, a great number of people, some more well-known then others, have stated the same, one in particular saying that to alter a crime scene for nefarious intent or taking bribes makes you a criminal, which is against the whole purpose of law enforcement so there's a good chance you'd be removed from the faction entirely, if not banned.

Edited by Valtorix

I did, however, find evidence that the devs encourage corrupt political officials.

Edited by Valtorix