MrDeltoric

1 week season cycle

Hi I am new to this project but I am well experienced in many different RPG and realistic role play games and mods.

I am suggesting a season and weather cycle for the game. There is many different ways this could be implemented.

Here are a couple of examples for how you could do seasons and weather:

1. 1) Each month is a years worth of seasons. The beginning of the month is cold and snowing, the middle is summer, and the end is starting winter again. Of course in between the changing of the two seasons is fall and spring. Included with this season cycle, if it rains during the winter, it snows instead and can add a layer of snow around the city. Snow could just be a layer that does nothing to the game, or you could have less traction with normal vehicles in snow covered roads. You could go as far as allowing city workers to use snow plows on city roads to help clear snow but thats a lot of developing and coding to add that.
  3. 2) The way weather is determined is on a randomized chance at the beginning of each in game day. No one can influence a certain outcome but the game chooses if it will rain (or snow if in the winter) and for how long. This will allow immersion and can sometimes change a persons play style for that certain time. An example is that maybe players will take it slow if theres snow on the roads because its easier for you to crash, or that you dont go out for a run or a walk to a store or a friends house and instead you take your car because its cold. If you do something like this you should have it so you can get cold or hot and have to change your clothes depending on the weather.

These are just some ideas and suggestions that I had that I would like to see in the game. If anyone else has any ideas it would be good if you commented them below

I would personally rather it be proper time.  If there will be a snow or different seaons actually in game, maybe it can be controlled by server owners

• Like 1

I would say 3 Months 1 season.Spring 3 Months,3 months summer,3 months autumn at last 3 months winter that would be 12 months equal one year

that would be nice.

On 11/30/2016 at 2:52 PM, Acetime said:

I would say 3 Months 1 season.Spring 3 Months,3 months summer,3 months autumn at last 3 months winter that would be 12 months equal one year

that would be nice.

That is a a great way to do it you get a nice full feeling of each season that way.

I mean I could see the usefulness in this. Having to have a Department of Transportation to go through and make sure the roads are cleared and salted during the winter could be an interesting job. :) 

There won't be seasons (confirmed) but there will be snow in some areas. This is obviously at this stage confirmed but can be subject to change in the future!

• Like 1

On 2016-11-30 at 0:52 PM, Acetime said:

that would be nice.

That's a great idea, I agree!

3 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

There won't be seasons (confirmed) but there will be snow in some areas. This is obviously at this stage confirmed but can be subject to change in the future!

Thank you for this info. I hope to see how different climates change the environment such as temperature and vehicle control ect.

I would say lets let wait when the game is finally released,than we can start to make some suggestions for the coming updates.

Than I would replace this post

11 minutes ago, Acetime said:

I would say lets let wait when the game is finally released,than we can start to make some suggestions for the coming updates.

Than I would replace this post

Making suggestions early on could mean its implemented early on. This is why this forum section is here.

@JamesLuck01

However, i don't think it is vital to have such features at least for pre release, for me it's more of a graphic thing giving leads to more features but as the game isn't even in beta, i do think this can wait but i'm sure it'll be implemented one day or another through numerous updates

6 minutes ago, ST_Helios said:

@JamesLuck01

However, i don't think it is vital to have such features at least for pre release, for me it's more of a graphic thing giving leads to more features but as the game isn't even in beta, i do think this can wait but i'm sure it'll be implemented one day or another through numerous updates

No, if its going to happen it will be post release.

Edited by JamesLuck01