CurtisLee19941

I want to get into the beta (Buy a pass) But im put off.

24 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

"Nope, sorry that's not how it works." That's what somebody says when they've been proven wrong and can't think of anything else to say. You are stubborn and ignorant just as Calico said. 

lol thats the kind of response I see when people have no grasp of the actual concept of emotional meaning versus legal/economic meaning. You can say investment but legally its just not true. 

52 minutes ago, Calico said:

Look up the definition of "investment" you ignorant kid. Quit being stubborn.

Actually I would say the same, stubbornly believing something without actually going and reading things like the Kickstarter terms of service or understanding things like Equity sharing doesn't help you in this circumstance. I would hope the ignorance you show is rectified when you gather more knowledge on the subject. Check out the language used in all Kickstarters and Crowd Funding, they can not legally use the term, Investment. They can only say Funding or Pledge. It's legally very clear. Again, the difference is the emotional meaning versus the economic one. If you have ever had to go find a Grant or get funding you'd know the term investment can't be used unless it's a project with a profit sharing venture... which is currently still a legal mine field and why its not done yet with Crowd Equity.

It's a weird line, but its not blurred, its actually very clear.

10 minutes ago, CosmicTony said:

lol thats the kind of response I see when people have no grasp of the actual concept of emotional meaning versus legal/economic meaning. You can say investment but legally its just not true. 

Actually I would say the same, stubbornly believing something without actually going and reading things like the Kickstarter terms of service or understanding things like Equity sharing doesn't help you in this circumstance. I would hope the ignorance you show is rectified when you gather more knowledge on the subject. Check out the language used in all Kickstarters and Crowd Funding, they can not legally use the term, Investment. They can only say Funding or Pledge. It's legally very clear. Again, the difference is the emotional meaning versus the economic one. If you have ever had to go find a Grant or get funding you'd know the term investment can't be used unless it's a project with a profit sharing venture... which is currently still a legal mine field and why its not done yet with Crowd Equity.

You can call it whatever you want - doesn't change the fact that it's an investment.

Did you look up the definition like I told you to?

15 minutes ago, CosmicTony said:

"The action or process of investing money for profit or material result."

The literal definition of investment. Meaning we invested into a game for a material possession. I.e the game that was invested in. So yes, it is an investment. Next time don't make a conclusion without researching or understanding what it means next time.

4 minutes ago, Calico said:

You can call it whatever you want - doesn't change the fact that it's an investment.

Did you look up the definition like I told you to?

put (money) into financial schemes, shares, property, or a commercial venture with the expectation of achieving a profit.

Just accept that your about as much as investor as a normal consumer buying a product. If thats "investment" to you, more power to you. Legally, we don't/can't think that way in the real world.

6 minutes ago, CosmicTony said:

put (money) into financial schemes, shares, property, or a commercial venture with the expectation of achieving a profit.

Just accept that your about as much as investor as a normal consumer buying a product. If thats "investment" to you, more power to you. Legally, we don't/can't think that way in the real world.

Better look at my last post

5 minutes ago, CosmicTony said:

Did you get that definition out of your ass?

To invest is to allocate money (or sometimes another resource, such as time) in the expectation of some benefit in the future.

4 minutes ago, Calico said:

Did you get that definition out of your ass?

To invest is to allocate money (or sometimes another resource, such as time) in the expectation of some benefit in the future.

He's a person on the internet who spent too much time being told he knew a lot. He's trying to some how relate this over to here. We've given you two separate definitions of what 'investment' means. So take that or leave it. At the end of the day that's what it means. I invest 20$ for a copy of the game before the game is made. Aka giving money for it to be made. That's an investment because I'm getting a possession back from it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

He's a person on the internet who spent too much time being told he knew a lot. He's trying to some how relate this over to here. We've given you two separate definitions of what 'investment' means. So take that or leave it. At the end of the day that's what it means. I invest 20$ for a copy of the game before the game is made. Aka giving money for it to be made. That's an investment because I'm getting a possession back from it.

ugh, sorry I threatened you so much that you needed to have that attitude man.

8 minutes ago, CosmicTony said:

ugh, sorry I threatened you so much that you needed to have that attitude man.

I have an attitude because you tried to make me and Calico look dumb. I have an attitude because you thought you were high and mighty and thought you knew your shit. That's why I have an attitude. You in no way shape or form threatened me. I've dealed with way worse Internet tough guys. 

4 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

I have an attitude because you tried to make me and Calico look dumb. I have an attitude because you thought you were high and mighty and thought you knew your shit. That's why I have an attitude. You in no way shape or form threatened me. I've dealed with way worse Internet tough guys. 

Probably projecting a bit there, but again I apologise for disagreeing with you. Clearly its like a trigger.

"lol thats the kind of response I see when people have no grasp of the actual concept of emotional meaning versus legal/economic meaning. You can say investment but legally its just not true."

" Actually I would say the same, stubbornly believing something without actually going and reading things like the Kickstarter terms of service or understanding things like Equity sharing doesn't help you in this circumstance. I would hope the ignorance you show is rectified when you gather more knowledge on the subject. Check out the language used in all Kickstarters and Crowd Funding, they can not legally use the term, Investment. They can only say Funding or Pledge. It's legally very clear. Again, the difference is the emotional meaning versus the economic one. If you have ever had to go find a Grant or get funding you'd know the term investment can't be used unless it's a project with a profit sharing venture... which is currently still a legal mine field and why its not done yet with Crowd Equity.

It's a weird line, but its not blurred, its actually very clear."

Your response to both of us. You sir, are an immature asshole

9 hours ago, CosmicTony said:

Yeah, man, I didn't have that response because of what you guys said at all. 9_9

How cosmic of you, Tony

11 hours ago, Cornholio said:

11 hours ago, CosmicTony said:

Yeah, man, I didn't have that response because of what you guys said at all. 9_9

I know this is a stupid argument but I put a lot more money than $20 and I think I am more of a investor (not saying @Cornholio you're not one) but I think $250 is more of an investment/ support towards the game than $20 which is a lot cheaper than a lot of games. 

But would anyone agree?

Edited by JamesLuck01

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I know this is a stupid argument but I put a lot more money than $20 and I think I am more of a investor (not saying @Cornholio you're not one) but I think $250 is more of an investment/ support towards the game than $20 which is a lot cheaper than a lot of games. 

But would anyone agree?

While that's more 20$ is still an investment. I can put in 1$ and it's still an investment because you're still getting a return. No matter how much money is put in, it's an investment either way.

6 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

While that's more 20$ is still an investment. I can put in 1$ and it's still an investment because you're still getting a return. No matter how much money is put in, it's an investment either way.

I didn't say you was not an investor. as I quote from my post:

I put a lot more money than $20 and I think I am more of a investor (not saying @Cornholio you're not one) but I think $250 is more of an investment/ support towards the game than $20 which is a lot cheaper than a lot of games.

I clearly say I am just think that my $250 is more of an investment than your $20 which it is but you still invested. Read before you reply.

Might be an investment, But what are we exactly investing on? The devs have vanished. So in my eyes were investing on something that is mealy text on a a screen.

9 minutes ago, CurtisLee19941 said:

Might be an investment, But what are we exactly investing on? The devs have vanished. So in my eyes were investing on something that is mealy text on a a screen.

They have not Vanished. "They are just busy at making the game". They answered tweets today. 

Yes its an investment on helping the Developers creating the game/ to help invest to get a game made possible.

Edited by JamesLuck01

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

They have not Vanished. "They are just busy at making the game". They answered tweets today. 

So it took them like 2 weeks to reply to there community? Yeaaaaaah, no i wont be contributing anything to these guys while there is no physical game. Im enraged by there awful customer service. They cant depend on the forum members to keep us up to date if the devs them selfs cant update anyone.... Not impressed, And im sure im not the only one. Sorry 

7 minutes ago, CurtisLee19941 said:

So it took them like 2 weeks to reply to there community? Yeaaaaaah, no i wont be contributing anything to these guys while there is no physical game. Im enraged by there awful customer service. They cant depend on the forum members to keep us up to date if the devs them selfs cant update anyone.... Not impressed, And im sure im not the only one. Sorry 

They replied to tweets 3 times last week (3 days in a row) Also Motown has not just 1 job, he is the community manager and the 3D artist so he has to do a lot and cannot just reply everyday. He is a Developer as well.

Also they are busy and they are a small team of just 9, but also most of them not only have one job but are working on 2 jobs and so they are not always working on it as they have another game they are working on. Motown is 1 person trying his best to keep us up to date and well the community members just update everyone of things they know because they want to help contribute and do the devs a favour. There is a lot of information around and well if you invest, then it you purely trusting the devs to deliver / also no ones forcing you to pledge before, a lot of people are waiting for more stuff and well thats their choice not the devs. If you don't have confidence in it, then by all means don't bother yet and wait till the first module comes out. But I think a lot of the pledge things will change like it says at the top of the store page.

My advice is like you said you will wait, but don't choose because of others telling you to. No one can force you to do anything.

Edited by JamesLuck01

I have an opinion, and ive decided that i think its worth penny. We should give different responses to those who haven't invested. It is not our responsibility to tell them why the Devs havent given enough information to persuade them to invest. The people who invested already made their decision on less information than what we have now. It's the responsibility of the developers to bring in more backers and the backers responsibility to keep tabs of development. It's not right to demand updates on a game you haven't yet invested on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chase said:

I have an opinion, and ive decided that i think its worth penny. We should give different responses to those who haven't invested. It is not our responsibility to tell them why the Devs havent given enough information to persuade them to invest. The people who invested already made their decision on less information than what we have now. It's the responsibility of the developers to bring in more backers and the backers responsibility to keep tabs of development. It's not right to demand updates on a game you haven't yet invested on.

Well I agree but doesn't mean we have to stop telling the newbies info about what we already know. It just stops them asking the devs the same questions over and over and over and over and over again. Also if we stop a lot of newbies asking those questions then the devs have more chance to develope the game :P but these newbies don't realise it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CurtisLee19941 said:

Ohh look! https://gyazo.com/8f60b916ad33df31035f170042d738a1 They have staff :o But wait, none of them are keeping on top... seriously... Either they need to get more staff/forum staff or just quit. 

Just so you know why does it matter if its a community member or a moderator? The moderators know as much as the community know, also the moderator are Volunteer staff from the Arma 3 Altis Life Mod!

On 9/19/2016 at 4:42 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

It just stops them asking the devs the same questions over and over and over and over and over again.

Im talking about people like the op that have all the info a prehistoric supporter like you do but still need more info before putting down. People are bickering here as if he already put in when its his choice. I forgot how he worded his post and dont feel like scrolling up but his title says he just wants more info before backing. I dont know how this turned into another "dont rush the Devs" when its just a matter of how the amount of updates already out affects him