Frank

Firearm variety

Hello everyone, 

I am aware that firearms are going to be hard to obtain in game. However my question is: is there going to be a good variety of firearms. How many types of pistols? Also will there be a decent amount of long range rifles, assault rifles and submachine guns that can be purchased on the black market?(btw I believe they should be quite expensive so that trolls don't get their hands on them and start mowing people down). My final question is: is there going to be things like improvised bombs and c4 or grenades? I think they should be there so gangs can do car bombs and stuff. However I'm thinking there won't be weapons like lmg's or rocket launchers because those are overkill. What do you guys think? Does anybody have some info?

I Believe that there wont be submachine guns, assault rifles and i think no long range just a normal one and a few pistols also no bombs or grenades. And Your idea of making the prices high wont be good cause they will grind for money .. so yh not many weapons of mass destruction 

I think that there are a variety of pistols, shotguns, and assault rifles. Of course for civies, gaining the latter weapon will be very hard compared to getting your licence and buying a cheap pistol. It will not most likely end with everyone with AL's but more like pistols and knives. Explosives and sniper rifles are said to not be in the game. 

3 hours ago, LionKingGamer said:

I Believe that there wont be submachine guns, assault rifles and i think no long range just a normal one and a few pistols also no bombs or grenades. And Your idea of making the prices high wont be good cause they will grind for money .. so yh not many weapons of mass destruction 

So you think there will only be pistols in Identity? Pfft your judgement is poor. Considering I've already seen modelling screenshots of an AK and a Spas12 I think there will be plenty on offer. Also by you saying you don't like the idea of gun prices being high you are then contradicting your judgement elsewhere when you state you don't want RDM and server trolls. 

• Like 1

I clearly stated that if they are high prices they will grind for it i dont understand you because they will less likely be attracted to it

Edited by LionKingGamer

1 hour ago, LionKingGamer said:

I clearly stated that if they are high prices they will grind for it i dont understand you because they will less likely be attracted to it

Yes but you said high prices won't be good? And yet now you are saying that it is good? Maybe try wording your comments better so people don't misinterpret them all the time.

13 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

probably not that many guns because the entire game won't be all about shooting and death

Its a RL simulator in many ways. So there could be many guns or not so many even though the game is not about shooting and death its still partly a cops and robbers game at heart which includes "shooting and death".

11 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Its a RL simulator in many ways. So there could be many guns or not so many even though the game is not about shooting and death its still partly a cops and robbers game at heart which includes "shooting and death".

*shoots you ingame to death*

I'm just here to bring up the fact that I want weapon animations. Like pulling a pistol out of the front of your jacket. Like a holster on the inner lining. I also want the ability to flash my holstered weapon like a gangster to intimidate people. Imagine someone discretely opening up their jacket to reveal a firearm and asking you to come with them. I have the weirdest erection right now!!! xD

9 minutes ago, Chase said:

I'm just here to bring up the fact that I want weapon animations. Like pulling a pistol out of the front of your jacket. Like a holster on the inner lining. I also want the ability to flash my holstered weapon like a gangster to intimidate people. Imagine someone discretely opening up their jacket to reveal a firearm and asking you to come with them. I have the weirdest erection right now!!! xD

That would be pretty cool!

25 minutes ago, Frank said:

That would be pretty cool!

His weirdest erection? xD 

Joking!

Yeah that would be cool.

51 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

His weirdest erection? xD 

Joking!

Yeah that would be cool.

Not the erection part loool xD

• Like 1

On 20/08/2016 at 3:21 AM, Chase said:

That would be good but would push back completion a whole lot further, because each individual animation probably takes ages to create. That's why you see many games which don't have them as they aren't a required mechanic, only the games which go above and beyond take the time for that sort of thing. I'd rather see that kind of thing come with updates than have to wait a whole lot longer for it in the beginning.

1 hour ago, Kickapoo said:

I'd rather see that kind of thing come with updates than have to wait a whole lot longer for it in the beginning.

Me too. I wouldn't mind waiting for it to be an update, but if were to push the release back I'd go without.