Chase

High as a Kite

I'll try keep this short. Make substance abuse fun. Think of how doing drugs affects you in real life and add that to the game. Maybe make ghost pop up on your screen to exaggerate it seeing as though it's a game and the affect affects won't be possible to reproduce. I used to be an avid drug user, and speaking from experience. Being a drug user is a lifestyle. The game should be drastically different when on drugs so that people who do drugs will want to continue. This will make more profit for the in-game drug dealers. The problem with role-playing being a drug dealer in arma3 life servers is the fact that no one actually does drugs religiously. When there are active drug addicts and recreational users, people will be more willing to role-play. " I suk yo dik foe a hit mayne!!!" I don't advise adding bonuses to drug use seeing as though people would just use it out of role-play. An example would be a stamina bonus or a fast health regeneration. This will make people Not feel the need to use it in role-play. 

From an economic point of view. There should be more incentive to sell to players rather than npcs. NPCs should buy drugs a t a huge discount so that thugs will be pumped out to the streets. In real life, you would make more money selling a pound of weed in eights, quarters or ounces. Same going for most other drugs. This will create a distribution chain for gangs. In reality, gangs are a means to distribute large quantities of illegal substances in a large area. Sell drugs to gang leaders in bulk and his subordinates will sell in smaller quantities.

Manufacturing will be very annoying if it all happens in one place. You should be able to purchase a meth RV or just chip in with your gang to purchase a house where you cook. Weed farms can be in open fields but also in green houses on private properties. You should be able to plant weed everywhere to be able to plan better and maybe frame someone.   

• Like 2

Only one thing is that they already said there will be affects and it will probably will have the "ups and the downs" to using it. Great Idea though.

8 hours ago, Chase said:

I'll try keep this short. Make substance abuse fun. Think of how doing drugs affects you in real life and add that to the game. Maybe make ghost pop up on your screen to exaggerate it seeing as though it's a game and the affect affects won't be possible to reproduce. I used to be an avid drug user, and speaking from experience. Being a drug user is a lifestyle. The game should be drastically different when on drugs so that people who do drugs will want to continue. This will make more profit for the in-game drug dealers. The problem with role-playing being a drug dealer in arma3 life servers is the fact that no one actually does drugs religiously. When there are active drug addicts and recreational users, people will be more willing to role-play. " I suk yo dik foe a hit mayne!!!" I don't advise adding bonuses to drug use seeing as though people would just use it out of role-play. An example would be a stamina bonus or a fast health regeneration. This will make people Not feel the need to use it in role-play. 

From an economic point of view. There should be more incentive to sell to players rather than npcs. NPCs should buy drugs a t a huge discount so that thugs will be pumped out to the streets. In real life, you would make more money selling a pound of weed in eights, quarters or ounces. Same going for most other drugs. This will create a distribution chain for gangs. In reality, gangs are a means to distribute large quantities of illegal substances in a large area. Sell drugs to gang leaders in bulk and his subordinates will sell in smaller quantities.

Manufacturing will be very annoying if it all happens in one place. You should be able to purchase a meth RV or just chip in with your gang to purchase a house where you cook. Weed farms can be in open fields but also in green houses on private properties. You should be able to plant weed everywhere to be able to plan better and maybe frame someone.   

The devs confirmed on Twitter that you can get addicted to drugs.

2 hours ago, Cstove said:

The devs confirmed on Twitter that you can get addicted to drugs.

Was there any more info on that? Addiction is one thing, but a reason to start is another.

As @JamesLuck01 said, there will be affects which could be a reason to try. Also, what are the biggest reasons to start doing drugs in real life? I'd say boredom and group pressure, which probably also will occur when playing the game :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ubbe said:

As @JamesLuck01 said, there will be affects which could be a reason to try. Also, what are the biggest reasons to start doing drugs in real life? I'd say boredom and group pressure, which probably also will occur when playing the game :) 

Or getting really pumped on alien talk and do about a handful of LSD

• Like 1

On 15/08/2016 at 0:03 PM, Chase said:

They want the game to be as realistic as possible so what your'e suggesting could quash that goal. But I think certain alterations such as this could be made. After all, people seem to really like taking/growing drugs in a game for whatever reason.

There will be some perks of some certain drugs in identity, however whilst you get the positives, you also get the negatives at the same time. The positives could be a reason to get addicted to drugs.

Hope I helped :P

If I did, feel free to give me a like and/or a follow, it only takes a few seconds! :)