'Not rich enough to own a server-farm?  Don't have a garden or a greenhouse?  Then why not get a plot at your local community garden?  For a low monthly rent you can own a small instanced plot and gain a footing on the ladder of self-sufficiency.

Limited to 15 plots, unsuitable for livestock, each community garden is a persistent Sub-Hub where you can get to know fellow green-thumbs like you.  Within your designated plot you are free to design the garden of your dreams, or use planters to grow your own food.

If you and your fellow gardeners feel like working together then you should consider entering the 'Bloom-Box' competition.  Produce a show-stopping garden in any of the categories and wow the judges to win wonderful prizes.'

I think this would be a great addition to the game, if it isn't already in the plans.  I like the idea of growing my own veg, or having a small hub of like-minded people to meet up with, a sort of randomly-appointed guild.  I guess the actual instance could hold more people than plots, that way visitors can come in and walk around.  Visitors could even pay an entrance fee or buy some of the produce from a player-supplied farm shop?

'But beware budding gardeners!  Allowing unscrupulous visitors into your oasis could result in the petty theft of your valuables.'

Maybe a low-rent allotment is cheap but can be stolen from, whereas a garden with a high rent could offer a guard or cameras to prevent theft when the gardeners are away.

Thoughts?

TLDR; I want to be able to play with the farming mechanics without investing in an actual farm.

I really like this idea! I'll pass it on to Motown and see if it's already in the plans or not.

If you need e.g. let us say herbs that "might" be considered illegal. Or even if you are jealous of your neighboor, don't worry! I am always here to help and share! I love sharing herbs with people as I like my tea, a bit more green.

15 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

I really like this idea! I'll pass it on to Motown and see if it's already in the plans or not.

Great.  Thanks :)

And maybe the option to grow drugs (marijuana or some shit, I don't know) could be an option? You could perhaps sell it for a profit, but you could always be arrested if you get caught growing it?