jabba_the_slut

undertale is overated?

most people think that undertale is a gift from the gods, the holy grail of gaming. some people have started polls for "best game ever"

i personally dont like undertale. thats right you heard me. i think that its rather boring, and i will elaborate on some of my points in a second

the ONLY thing undertale has that people go batsh!t crazy nuts for is the story, and from what i have read online its extensive. i am not one of those people that plays a game and "falls in love" with a charicter. i play the game, and i eather enjoy it or i dont. the "actual gameplay" part of undertale is a turn baced rpg that involves you moving a hart around a box dodgeing obgects of projectiles. i'm not a huge fan of this. the attacking is quite simple aswell, simply hit the button at the right time(s) as you will do damage. you could say this system is alot better than normal tbrpg's because you would normally just press a button. 

one thing people really praise the game for is the fact that it has multiple ways to play, you can go on a murder spree killing everything in your way, and it will affect on the way you progress through the game, being forced to kill serten charicters. again, unless you are really into the story and charecters of the game this wont sound verry apealing.

then we move on to the graphics. theres not much to say apart from that it is standard isue "pixel" graphics. what kinda gets to me in recent years is that i find devs dont make games with "actual" graphics, instead they go for a pixel art style and call it retro. sometimes this works and it really is a matter of opinion, but i would prefer it if they actually made it apealing to the eye

so post your views down below. undertale yay or nay?

(lets try not to get salty here guys. keep it calm)

It's strange to me, I've been following it for quite a while, and learned pretty much everything about the story. When I ended up getting the game, I really couldn't sit through it. I'm not sure if it's because I sat through all the gags and jokes already, but I was also disappointing at the whole combat system outside of boss battles. Very weird to be a game like that, but still pretty good.

On a side note, I also had to refund it because it kept breaking, thinking that I altered the save files and it wouldn't start the game back up. C'est la vie.

I only learned about Undertale a couple months ago, and spoiled the entire game for myself by watching walkthrough videos on Youtube. For what it's worth, it seems really polished, and is reminiscent of the classic Earthbound.

• Like 1

I have been dabbling on Undertale and like it thus far...probably a long ways away from completing it...so don't spoil it for me!

On Sunday, January 03, 2016 at 3:10 AM, Katie said:

It's strange to me, I've been following it for quite a while, and learned pretty much everything about the story. When I ended up getting the game, I really couldn't sit through it. I'm not sure if it's because I sat through all the gags and jokes already, but I was also disappointing at the whole combat system outside of boss battles. Very weird to be a game like that, but still pretty good.

as i said, the game is for the story, take that away and you're not left with much

I tried it for a little while. I couldn't get into it at all. I really despise turn based attacking and I wasn't much for the bullet hell thing. I love games with an extensive story but I couldn't get passed the attack system.

3 hours ago, facade said:

I tried it for a little while. I couldn't get into it at all. I really despise turn based attacking and I wasn't much for the bullet hell thing. I love games with an extensive story but I couldn't get passed the attack system.

i wasm't a fan of the attack system eather. shoulda stuck with the classic dice roll instead of moving a heart around a box >.<

On 1/3/2016 at 6:34 AM, Motown said:

I only learned about Undertale a couple months ago, and spoiled the entire game for myself by watching walkthrough videos on Youtube. For what it's worth, it seems really polished, and is reminiscent of the classic Earthbound.

Exactly the same story, but I still bought it nonetheless! I wanted to fund the developer and get my hands on it

On 1/5/2016 at 8:10 PM, jabba_the_slut said:

i wasm't a fan of the attack system eather. shoulda stuck with the classic dice roll instead of moving a heart around a box >.<

MoRoewp.jpg

That was one of the things that set the game apart from other turn-based rpgs.

I think it is an amazing game. But why not buy it yourself? 6/6 Dogs think so! Or is that five......?

Undertale is a great game. Pixel art games are great, you might not like them, but that doesn't mean that developers were being lazy. If the game was in full 3D it would look like complete trash.

its a nice day out

the sun is shining

the birds are singing

and kids like you

should be burning in hell

you don't like

not mlg enough?

the artifact?!

still not liking undertale? unholy!unholy!

just kidding. everyone his own

Undertale has wonderful characters, music, and a wacky style. And somehow it will leave you crying like a little bitch at the ending.

It hits you in the feels, and that's why I like it.

What I don't like is how people have created a tumblr fandom around it

This is coming from a guy who is really strict with having realism and real-time combat in games, by the way.