Kalebninja

Regular Blog Updates

639f48ed0001c4e70ab88a36c3b9b158.png

326798aaba36dd23b885f48e59586d17.png

665417076ee26a4864dd22d5f62ee61c.png

63b38c7f418fe8e4b656374c80d937f3.png

fd5b6544027a8f48bdc2fdebe42f81b3.png

225969a683e371918b97535583b26b03522b8de7

In all seriousness, what the happened? No blog update for nearly 3 months, the video is nowhere to be seen, seriously questioning what is going on behind the scenes, I've been following since 2014 and the absolute minimal updates is worrying.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kalebninja said:

I've been following since 2014 

2014? So you have been following before the announcement on kickstarter which was January 2015?

Correct me if I am wrong...

14 minutes ago, Kalebninja said:

639f48ed0001c4e70ab88a36c3b9b158.png

326798aaba36dd23b885f48e59586d17.png

665417076ee26a4864dd22d5f62ee61c.png

63b38c7f418fe8e4b656374c80d937f3.png

fd5b6544027a8f48bdc2fdebe42f81b3.png

225969a683e371918b97535583b26b03522b8de7

In all seriousness, what the happened? No blog update for nearly 3 months, the video is nowhere to be seen, seriously questioning what is going on behind the scenes, I've been following since 2014 and the absolute minimal updates is worrying.

But yes its disappointing to not get info when it was promised. Why don't you tweet them and ask for an explanation as we as a community have been patient and deserve it atleast. (hopefully they will respond with a blog update, and maybe the video).

Sorry i got the year wrong but yeah I've been following since the beginning, i could've sworn i heard about it late 2014 though.

Edited by Kalebninja

Thing is @JamesLuck01 if you ask them on twitter where everything is they will say be patient and it will come soon but there are people on this planet who dont have the patience and keeping asking is it done! and i know everyone wants to play it so bad but its like waiting for the bus is hard. But once your on you enjoy it so yh @Kalebninja be patient and maybe a video will come out that everyone will love ;D

35 minutes ago, Kalebninja said:

Sorry i got the year wrong but yeah I've been following since the beginning, i could've sworn i heard about it late 2014 though.

Maybe, it could have been mentioned before the kickstarter but i am not sure about that, but i know kickstarter was when most heard about it.

Also @LionKingGamer I am patient and yes people keep asking, but i know me and my friends, and @Kalebninja have been waiting a lot longer than you, soo you can't exactly say be patient when we have been for over a year. + i can wait till release but others/ everyone are not as patient as me/ have different patient thresholds! 

the magnitude or intensity that must be exceeded for a certain reaction, phenomenon, result, or condition to occur or be manifested.
"nothing happens until the signal passes the threshold"
Edited by JamesLuck01

@JamesLuck01 @LionKingGamer I've been through both the forums and bid my support since the start of the Kickstarter too, and if I'm honest even if the game does never happen then I'm still glad the forums did, because I've made some good friends here.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

@JamesLuck01 @LionKingGamer I've been through both the forums and bid my support since the start of the Kickstarter too, and if I'm honest even if the game does never happen then I'm still glad the forums did, because I've made some good friends here.

Yes, but also it would be disappointing. I believe in @Paratus and @Motown that they will complete it, otherwise i would not have pledged so much money. I pledged $90 for a friend and $250 for myself.. I know I won't be disappointed because i have faith.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Yes, but also it would be disappointing. I believe in @Paratus and @Motown that they will complete it, otherwise i would not have pledged so much money. I pledged $90 for a friend and $250 for myself.. I know I won't be disappointed because i have faith.

Dude.....Why? No game costs anywhere near that much in retail so why spend that much on an unreleased title?

5 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

Dude.....Why? No game costs anywhere near that much in retail so why spend that much on an unreleased title?

Erm, $90 because my friend but he will pay me back $30 because the rest is for a b'day gift (he was going/wanted to upgrade to $90 pledge but no money so i said i would for him and said pay me back next year.) $250 because why can't i be generous? and it was CAD for kickstarter and i wanted to see it get backed. My other friend has spent more than $400 on "star citizen" But also people on the kickstarter pledged $1000 so i didn't do a lot compared to those dudes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Erm, $90 because my friend but he will pay me back $30 because the rest is for a b'day gift (he was going/wanted to upgrade to $90 pledge but no money so i said i would for him and said pay me back next year.) $250 because why can't i be generous? and it was CAD for kickstarter and i wanted to see it get backed. My other friend has spent more than $400 on "star citizen" But also people on the kickstarter pledged $1000 so i didn't do a lot compared to those dudes.

Doesn't matter there will always be somebody spending more than you, doesn't mean you haven't still spent too much. 

8 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

Doesn't matter there will always be somebody spending more than you, doesn't mean you haven't still spent too much. 

true, I said to my friend he spent too much and he said well its my money so i can spend as i wish. So i guess thats now my answer to you :) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

true, I said to my friend he spent too much and he said well its my money so i can spend as i wish. So i guess thats now my answer to you :) 

Congratulations Sherlock Holmes 

4 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

The game would not be where it is today without people like you who pledge generous amounts of money. I myself have pledged $30, and will possibly increase that in the near future. It doesn't matter if the game is unreleased, the game would never be released in the first place without copious amounts of donations. Good on you! ;)

15 hours ago, Crafty said:

The game would not be where it is today without people like you who pledge generous amounts of money. I myself have pledged $30, and will possibly increase that in the near future. It doesn't matter if the game is unreleased, the game would never be released in the first place without copious amounts of donations. Good on you! ;)

'It doesn't matter if the game is unreleased, the game would never be released in the first place without copious amounts of donations" Are two contradictory statements are they not? And I guarantee that if people had backed the game then it would matter if the game wasn't released, I mean what a stupid thing to say.

I find it reasonable to have doubt and critic since there hasn't been many written updates, not many new pictures and no new videos at all this year. I've counted Twitter, Facebook and this site when I'm saying that they haven't shown more than 6-7 new pictures of rag-dolls, room/scenario settings and faces/hair-prototypes this year.

It's naive to protect the silence from the developers. We invest in the game, we care about the game, therefore we should know about the progress of making the game.

I'm not sure if I would've actually invested in this game if I discovered this game today and saw on the front page that there only was two updates, with the latest one from march.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

'It doesn't matter if the game is unreleased, the game would never be released in the first place without copious amounts of donations" Are two contradictory statements are they not? And I guarantee that if people had backed the game then it would matter if the game wasn't released, I mean what a stupid thing to say.

I said the game would not ever be released if it was not backed by donators like James, that is not a 'stupid' thing to say. If that did not come across to you as what I said, I'm sorry. But that is what I intended to denote.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crafty said:

I said the game would not ever be released if it was not backed by donators like James, that is not a 'stupid' thing to say. If that did not come across to you as what I said, I'm sorry. But that is what I intended to denote.

How can you say that for sure, the kickstarter bypassed it's funding goals by a lot at the end anyway.

1 hour ago, Kickapoo said:

How can you say that for sure, the kickstarter bypassed it's funding goals by a lot at the end anyway.

That is exactly my point, if there were no people donating, the game would not be possible. Saying that people have wasted money because they have pledged more than others when they don't need to is a silly remark. Even if they have passed their goal, more funding is always a great benefit to a small team like the Identity developers, especially so if it comes in greater amounts.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Crafty said:

That is exactly my point, if there were no people donating, the game would not be possible. Saying that people have wasted money because they have pledged more than others when they don't need to is a silly remark. Even if they have passed their goal, more funding is always a great benefit to a small team like the Identity developers, especially so if it comes in greater amounts.

If the game came out in store today and it was made by the same small dev team and it cost $250 dollars, would you buy it?

8 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

If the game came out in store today and it was made by the same small dev team and it cost $250 dollars, would you buy it?

No I wouldn't, I don't have the money to do so. But what does this have to do with what I was saying? I don't think you understand the concept of donations. We're talking about before the game is even released not when it is in stores. Even if it was, receiving a sum of money like that provides the team with many benefits, it is nowhere near close to a waste of money. Just because they have passed their goal on Kickstarter does not warrant the halt of donations, they have just met the goal they set.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Crafty said:

No I wouldn't, I don't have the money to do so. But what does this have to do with what I was saying? I don't think you understand the concept of donations. We're talking about before the game is even released not when it is in stores. Even if it was, receiving a sum of money like that provides the team with many benefits, it is nowhere near close to a waste of money. Just because they have passed their goal on Kickstarter does not warrant the halt of donations, they have just met the goal they set.

It's not about donating money to them its about buying the $250 starter pack mate

3 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

It's not about donating money to them its about buying the $250 starter pack mate

The whole topic of our conversation has been about James pledging too much, because to you, backing a game you think has promise is a waste of money. If you have the money to do so, why not? You have not told me a good reason why you shouldn't support the developers, so I'll await your response.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crafty said:

The whole topic of our conversation has been about James pledging too much, because to you, backing a game you think has promise is a waste of money. If you have the money to do so, why not? You have not told me a good reason why you shouldn't support the developers, so I'll await your response.

I never said you shouldn't support the developers I backed the project too just not back them with that absurd amount of money, I think it could be better spent elsewhere 

Well, if that's the case, the $15-$30 you likely pledged could be better spent elsewhere, that's a large amount of money to some people. What is the reason you pledged? Correct me if i'm wrong, but it is probably because you want to support the developers; developers which are making a game you hope has promise. That is more than likely the reason for James donating. The only difference is that James undoubtedly has the funds to pledge a greater sum of money. This is not a bad thing, far from it. Sure, I understand your point, but if the game turns out to be what everyone has hoped for, then their money is well spent. Only time will tell. But don't go around saying people have wasted their money. It's their choice to pledge how much they wish. It has nothing to do with you, or me for that matter.

Edited by Crafty
  • Like 1