MadMcardle

Micro Transactions Tradeable?

Question

Hello all!

Me and another member was just discussing the items purchased through micro transactions and I was wondering what the plans were with regards to trading those items in-game?

For example, if I was to purchase a t-shirt for say £3.00 real money would that item be locked to my character or will it be tradeable for in-game currency? The issue I see with that is the potential to affect the in-game market/currency, and would basically be trading in-game currency for real money.

13 answers to this question

It will depend on the item. If it is an apartment it probably won't be sellable or tradeable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

It will depend on the item. If it is an apartment it probably won't be sellable or tradeable.

Apartments will be micro transactions? I thought they were purchased in-game? So it's possible that some purchases might be tradeable in-game?

8 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

Apartments will be micro transactions? I thought they were purchased in-game? So it's possible that some purchases might be tradeable in-game?

Last I heard micro-transactions will be purely cosmetic, but now I think they might allow apartments to be purchased with real money. Micro-transactions will only have items that won't give you an unfair advantage. For example, apartments are mainly for storage and a place to stay.

6 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

Last I heard micro-transactions will be purely cosmetic, but now I think they might allow apartments to be purchased with real money. Micro-transactions will only have items that won't give you an unfair advantage. For example, apartments are mainly for storage and a place to stay.

That sounds good, it not being anything to give an unfair advantage, but if these cosmetic items are tradeable in-game I think it will damage the economy.

Lets say a rare weapon, like the AK-47 is $500 in-game rather than play and earn that money I could just buy a coffee table for £2.00, trade it with a player for $500 in-game and boom, I got my AK-47 for £2.00

High powered and automatic rifles will be very expensive and rare. It's unlikely you will be able to get one that easily.

12 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

That sounds good, it not being anything to give an unfair advantage, but if these cosmetic items are tradeable in-game I think it will damage the economy.

Lets say a rare weapon, like the AK-47 is $500 in-game rather than play and earn that money I could just buy a coffee table for £2.00, trade it with a player for $500 in-game and boom, I got my AK-47 for £2.00

I doubt the clothing will be tradable as because if they are then they will not be perma items and I think the cosmetic things you buy with real money (items which are not accessible otherwise) will be permanent and will be locked to the character.

7 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I doubt the clothing will be tradable as because if they are then they will not be perma items and I think the cosmetic things you buy with real money (items which are not accessible otherwise) will be permanent and will be locked to the character.

Wait a sec, weren't you just saying it wouldn't matter if they're tradeable? Lol

7 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

High powered and automatic rifles will be very expensive and rare. It's unlikely you will be able to get one that easily.

No I understand that, was just an example but you get my point :)

Edited by MadMcardle

31 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

My question regarding apartmnts being micro- transactions is that will those apartments be only for official servers or will they be accessible for all private servers too like pledges. I hope those micro transactions for the apartments are only for official servers as because if he devs want to help community servers in some way (as they already said they do) then they will allow the private servers maybe do apartments as donations for there server to help pay server costs, but i know these micro transactions they do in the game will to keep there official servers up and running. @Paratus @Motown @HairyGrenade

Edited by JamesLuck01

Im not sure about how private servers will work because they are still figuring all that out while still working on the game itself. I'd have to ask them for a more detailed answer if they even know yet.

6 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

Wait a sec, weren't you just saying it wouldn't matter if they're tradeable? Lol

No I understand that, was just an example but you get my point :)

Yes but I guess I agree to Disagree aswell like you. :D 

Edited by JamesLuck01

20 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Yes but I guess I agree to Disagree aswell like you. :D 

Lol

• Like 1