Raffen

Size Comparison

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but here is a size comparison of the Identity island compared to Altis.

BE AWARE:

This is highly inaccurate and only exists to show a rough area. The detail on the Identity island is not remotely finished and will not look like this atall in the released game, as you can probably tell, because the size of a house on the Identity map is about the same size as a small town on Altis. I am simply using the map as an area base for the actual size. Enjoy!

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Although the Identity map looks smaller, it will actually only have slightly less land surface area, because it will most likely not contain the giant bay in the center of the island that Altis contains. The Unnamed Island will be approximately bigger than Los Santos, and the same goes for Chernaurus (though they are still both dwarfed by Panau :3).

I actually think this is a perfect size for a map, as it is not too big as so that it is hard for players to interact, but it is not too small so that logistics road trips are not possible.

Size Comparison Small.png

Edited by Raffen
  • Like 3

Identity island size: 200 Square Kilometers

Altis map size: 270 Square Kilometers

Altis is a bit bigger than the Identity island but I don't think it is the right size comparison in the image.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IDEN said:

Identity island size: 200 Square Kilometers

Altis map size: 270 Square Kilometers

Altis is a bit bigger than the Identity island but I don't think it is the right size comparison in the image.

Yes, Altis is 270km square. Yes, the are size is a rough approximation using relative area measurement tools for Photoshop, but the Altis map's area is calculated by area of surface, so the fact that there are giant ocean inlets blocked by the overlapping island may make it look innacurate, but it isn't too bad of a comparison. Please, if you have better measuring software of your own and you think you could make it more accurate, please do.

• Like 2

I heard the Identity island will take an hour and a half to walk across. I think its almost the same size to altis. Well see later in date or when the full game comes out. :)

3 minutes ago, Luca_Santarelli said:

I heard the Identity island will take an hour and a half to walk across. I think its almost the same size to altis. Well see later in date or when the full game comes out. :)

altis is 270km2 and Identity's Island will be 225km2 So I am pretty sure there is a bigger map for altis

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

altis is 270km2 and Identity's Island will be 225km2 So I am pretty sure there is a bigger map for altis

That is ok though because i'm pretty sure there will be a shit ton of things to do. Open roads, highways. cinemas. prisons, paintball arenas, clothing stores. etc, etc, etc...... 

322016?max=1600

This is a picture of the first beta module im pretty sure

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Luca_Santarelli said:

That is ok though because i'm pretty sure there will be a shit ton of things to do. Open roads, highways. cinemas. prisons, paintball arenas, clothing stores. etc, etc, etc...... 

322016?max=1600

This is a picture of the first beta module im pretty sure

Im pretty sure they said something about they were re-modelling some of the buildings.

• Like 1