JonathanTaylor

NEW Role Play Thread

Okay. So the old role play thread had a good run but it had its ups and downs and people slowly lost interest.

I really enjoyed interacting with other members through RP and imagination so i have decided to make a new fresh one with some rules. 

The aim of this thread is for you to take your ingame character or a whole new character and RP with other peoples characters using text. This text RP is used a lot in RP guilds in MMORPGs. If you've never done it...give it a try :)

Please use this as it is actually a lot of fun and gives people a preview of your RP skills.

Okay so rules wise:

1. No off topic conversations. Some of this interrupted the last thread.

2. All character voice should be put in " " and actions in * *

3. If you have a small comment that is to do with the RP thread then please put it in (( ))

4. You cant control other peoples characters, only yours.

Rules aside, i will start off a scene and start off some RP. Add in whatever you want and join is as much as you want. If your character is involved in something at the resort then do it, just make sure to set the scene so people know where it is going. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*An early morning mist sets upon the northern city of the island. In a small downtown street, a young man is working on a 2008 Dodge Charger outside of his chop shop. The sign reads 'Underground Chop Shop'*

"Damn. I hate these cars...they never seem to actually work" Jonathan Taylor mutters to himself as he reaches around for various tools.

"I wonder when Kev will be coming in?" He continues, momentarily looking at his watch. It reads 9:14am.

*Jonathan grabs a cup of coffee off of the ground close to where he is working and drinks the last of it, before trying to throw the cup into an open top bin across the lot and missing*

"Meh" He says before returning to his work.

Edited by Herzog
  • Like 3

Meanwhile Officer Hank Grimes is doing he's daily rundown of identity, driving through the streets in his *Ford Crown Victoria, when he receives a 480 on his cb and receives a description of the vehicle "2008 Dodge Charger" the cb blares out. He begins to carefully look around for the vehicle as he drives around looking for crime.

*Jonathan finishes fitting a new carburetor into the charger and closes the hood*

"That should do it" He says looking content and wiping his hand with a dirty cloth, making no difference to his dirty hands.

*He turns on the engine and lets it pur on the lot for a while while he takes his tools back into the shop*

*He gets into the seat of the charger and backs it up into the shop before closing up for his break*

*Jonathan then switches to his over tuned Subaru and drives off down the road to the local coffee shop*

"Fucking hell, I'm up, I'm up" Kevin yells at his ringing phone, falling out of bed.

*Kevin answers the phone, shortly hanging it up and throwing it on the bed*

"Stupid fucking telemarketers." "How much did I drink last night" Kevin says to no one as he stumbles into his messy living room cradling his pounding head.

*Kevin opens his fridge, reaches in and grabs his last bottle of beer*

"Fuck it, this should get me started" Kevin says as he pops the top off.

*Kevin walks back into his bedroom, grabs his hat, sunglasses, lighter and cigarette before heading out the door wearing the same clothes that he passed out in the night before*

"Fuck it, I'm sure Jon is getting on fine without me, I'm getting some breakfast" Kevin thinks to his-self.

*Kevin slams the last half of his beer before tossing the empty bottle into the bushes outside of his apartment, lighting up a cigarette, and heading down to the coffee shop*    

*Jonathan meets with Kevin in the coffee shop. He approaches him ready for their regular handshake before stepping back slightly*

"Bloody hell mate! How much did you have to drink last night? You smell like a bloody brewery!" Jonathan squirms in a shocked voice, even though this was a regular for Kevin.

"Anyway, what you havin? Same as usual okay?"

*He buys two large black coffees to go*

"Yeh...an extra shot for that guy please mate" He says looking over at Kevin.

*Jonathan sits down with Kevin, passing over his drink*

"So anyway" He says taking a sip from his coffee "We got another meetup tonight, you comin? Theres gonna be sweet rides, booze....boobs. The lot, this ones gonna be crazy!" He says realizing he is being quite loud and lowing his voice. "Same place as usual"

Edited by Herzog

"All this driving makes me so damn thirsty" Hank says while trying to get a few last drops out of his old coffee mug. While still looking for the car Hank heads to the local coffee shop thinking a quick break wouldn't hurt anything. As Hank pulls in he begins to notice the car from the description he makes quick work in writing down the licence plate number. He then begins to proceed inside to figure out who exactly is driving the vehicle. Ready for anything he walks in with his hand on his taser, knowing a gun wouldn't be needed.

*Jonathan continues to drink from his coffee, eyeing up the office outside*

*He leans over to Kevin* 

"Oi look, the fuzz" He says reverting his eyes to the officer "What did you do this time?" He says letting out a small chuckle before drinking the last of his coffee.

• Like 1

"At this point I wouldnt be surprised if I didnt break a few laws last night, I cant remember shit all" Kevin says staring down at the bagel on his plate.

"Man, you know I'm going to be there, I finally finished my '64 Impala, hydraulics, underglow, sound system, the works. I know I say this everytime, but I am going to take a break from drinking though, thank god for morning beers though eh?" 

*Kevin takes a bite of his bagel and drinks some coffee, before putting his sunglasses back on*

"It's fucking bright in here this morning"

• Like 1

*Jonathan lets out a small laugh*

"You?...Give up drinking?"

*He begins to mimic Kevin*

"Oh im gonna give up drinking...oh look a morning beer" He says gesturing his hand as if he was taking a beer out of the fridge before looking back at Kevin and smiling.

*Jonathan gets up from his seat and orders another coffee and hands the barrister the money before sitting back down*

"So.. 64 Impala? Must of cost quite a bit for all the goodies" Jonathan asks, taking a sip from his coffee.

• Like 1

"I think you would hit me if you knew just how much that thing cost me, but the car is a hundred percent legit, hell even some of the engine parts are original." 

*Kevin finishes his coffee*

"I can damn near guarantee that you will hear it coming down the road a block before I actually show up"

• Like 1

*Hank walks in carefully looking around for anyone suspicious with his hand on his taser just in case.

*He takes a seat nearest to the clerk and orders a coffee with creamer.

*Carefully and quietly as he recieves his coffee he asks the clerk a question.

" Who here drove up in that"? he asked while noding toward the Dodge Charger.

*Calmly the clerk points toward two men sitting drinking coffee.

*While taking a small sip of his coffee Hank takes a seat in the booth behind the two men listening in on their conversation, waiting for the moment they get up to ask them any questions.

*Jonathan realizes the cop sitting across from them. He looks at Kevin*

"Want to go for a smoke?" Jonathan asks, opening his packet of cigarettes and offering one to Kevin.

*He gets up grabbing his car keys off the table and quickly chugging down the last of his coffee before leaving the cup on the table all screwed up and walks towards the door, putting the cigarette in his mouth and preparing his lighter*

"You just read my mind" 

*Kevin puts the cigarette behind his ear before standing up and patting his pants pockets for his zippo lighter*  

*Jonathan steps outside and lights his cigarette looking over at Kevin looking for his lighter*

"You probably used it to pay the hookers mate" He says smiling, offering his lighter, a shitty $1 lighter with a pinup girl on it.

*Hank quickly stands up noticing how's quickly the two stand up and how suspicious the two look.

*Grabbing one of them on the shoulder as they stepped out side, asking them a question while stopping their conversation.

" You guys come here in the Dodge Charger"? Holding his taser ready for anything .

*With a half lit fag in his mouth, Jonathan presses the button on his keys activating the locks on his Subaru while it beeps and the blinkers goes off for a second*

He mutters "Not me mate" Before giving off a small smile.

((This is after Dekan's post below))

Edited by Herzog
  • Like 1

"At least I can show some class with mine"

*Kevin feels Hank grab his shoulder*

"Whoa man, chill out. I think I am still to fucked up from last night to be driving. And this gentleman over here with the cheap lighter drives a Subaru, sorry to break it to you but I think you have the wrong people, so you can put the taser down"

*Kevin proceeds to flip open his zippo and lights his cigarette*

Edited by Dekan
  • Like 1

"Hey man, this aint cheap. It cost me like...$1. A dollar can go a long way man. I mean a couple hundred of them and i can get a new exhaust but....Yeh its cheap" Jonathan replies 

"Guess this is the wrong one sorry for wasting your time. 

*Hank then begins to head to his vehicle getting in and starting the engine waiting for the two men to leave so he can follow them.

*As the officer get back into his car, Jonathan looks at the dodgy dodge charger parked across the road then back at Kevin*

"Who wants that piece of shit anyway?" Jonathan asks taking another drag of his cig "Anyway, you want a lift home? Could do with a wizz"

"Fuck man, I wouldnt want to try and part that piece of shit out, looks like he hit something pretty good though."

*Kevin stamps out the filter of the cigarette*

"A ride would be great, I should probably shower and change before I go out again"

*Jonathan unlocks his car and gets in the drivers seat and starting the engine*

*He waits for Kevin to get in*

"Oh i forgot to tell you, installed some new subwoofers. These things are crazy!" He says putting in a custom disk of jumbled rap music and turning the volume up.

*The car shudders from the power of the engine and the vibrations from the music. They both drive off towards Kevin's apartment, blowing the exhaust as they get up the street*

Edited by Herzog

*Rolls out of bed, turns on radio, as I shower, after showering heads to Madbook, laptop, checking messages, none, begins writing a sci fi adventure story, fingers clack on keyboard, pausing often, as I think about ho the story would go, it takes me about an hour gets about a page of text as I took my time, saves file, then begins drawing the story out, basically making a comicbook, takes me about 2 hours, for the art, maybe longer, I wasn't paying attention, again taking my time as I draw, I finally pull back from the various pieces of arts, more than ready for a break, stomach slightly rumbling, as I hadn't eaten yet, opens refrigerator* 

• Like 2

*Hank proceeds to follow the two men down the street carefully writing their license plate number down and sending a report through the cb of a suspicious vehicle.

" uh I havent found the vehicle, but I found two men who seem suspicious I'll follow them with caution".

* He then starts sending them the description of the vehicle he was following.

Edited by FrozenCarpet