KyleLuke

Who is actually still hyped for this game?

I really was hyped for this game when I first knew about it months ago, when my friends told me to get it and realised that there was a delay before I knew about this game but it still was letting it slide for sure, after that there was the incident that its not releasing on April 23rd then released the task tracker and still I let it slide as still they were completing much more tasks as there is today.
For the past few weeks that have been getting slower and slower to the point were they are not even doing any task for days. 
Do you think its going to be the game they promised still?
Do you think its going to really release soon?

26 minutes ago, KyleLuke said:

I really was hyped for this game when I first knew about it months ago, when my friends told me to get it and realised that there was a delay before I knew about this game but it still was letting it slide for sure, after that there was the incident that its not releasing on April 23rd then released the task tracker and still I let it slide as still they were completing much more tasks as there is today.
For the past few weeks that have been getting slower and slower to the point were they are not even doing any task for days. 

The last couple tasks obviously take longer, hold in account that the development team for module one is much smaller now since the rest has moved on to module two. Also testing for bugs takes a long time, they have to run different scenarios first, when that's done they have to find the bug and fix it which makes another bug appear that they have to test again and so on and so on. They probably kept the most difficult tasks for later that's why its taking a bit longer. TS is close to finished and will probably release within the month.

1 hour ago, KyleLuke said:

? CYBER ? - Today at 21:23
remember that "testing" doesn't mean "hey i'll launch it and see if it looks pretty! herpa derp"

testing = launching, assessing, trying to break under stress test, load balancing, quality assurance, maintenance AND if you found a bug, you gotta FIX IT, and then redo all that testing because a fix can spawn another bug. so just because the tracker LOOKS idle, doesn't mean that we have been.
my 2cents from my side..

• Like 1

Remember, KyleLuke, game-development takes time. This is a MASSIVE game, possibly bigger (in content) than Fallout 4, and this very tiny team is doing EVERYTHING from scratch. Delays, different speeds in working, and not working at all are just part of the bumpy road of game-development. Believe me, ?????? ????????????? ???. are working as hard as they can to push a playable module, beta, and game out to you as quick as possible, without it being a pile of unplayable code.

Edited by subway244

16 hours ago, KyleLuke said:

i am.... xD

23 hours ago, subway244 said:

Remember, KyleLuke, game-development takes time. This is a MASSIVE game, possibly bigger (in content) than Fallout 4, and this very tiny team is doing EVERYTHING from scratch. Delays, different speeds in working, and not working at all are just part of the bumpy road of game-development. Believe me, ?????? ????????????? ???. are working as hard as they can to push a playable module, beta, and game out to you as quick as possible, without it being a pile of unplayable code.

This game won't be bigger or have more content than Fallout 4. Anyone actually thinking this will be anywhere near the scale of a AAA game is going to be disappointed. 

Also, they're not doing everything from scratch. They're using UE4, which is a fantastic, highly customizable base to work from with a lot of foundation work already done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, patrick68794 said:

This game won't be bigger or have more content than Fallout 4. Anyone actually thinking this will be anywhere near the scale of a AAA game is going to be disappointed. 

Also, they're not doing everything from scratch. They're using UE4, which is a fantastic, highly customizable base to work from with a lot of foundation work already done.

You still missed the entire point of what I said - that if they release Town Square too early, people won't like it.

I don't like arguing on the forums, it ruins everything. So if you need any information on the game, refer to the links down below, or contact me for any more information.

I have been on this hype train for a bit. While I don't have the "hype feel" anymore (that tense feeling in the back of your neck when you get really excited), I am excited to play the game still. I've always dreamed of a game solely for roleplay where everything is interact-able. The game is a dream come true.

I'm not as excited as I was when I thought it was going to launch in two days, but I'm still hyped! The feeling will come back once Steam gets its hands on it. I've been waiting, and now the dream is in sight! :D