Frisky

Disappointment and A Vague Tracker

Well... guess I was right not to get too hyped.. oh well guess the wait continues. I really hope this tracker gets polished up.. amd I the only one who finds it kinda not.. transparent and kinda weirdly put together... I am afraid that they are using this tracker to just be able to never give a release date or anything for sure and just keep working away or not working away indefinitely. 

19 hours ago, Frisky said:

Well... guess I was right not to get too hyped.. oh well guess the wait continues. I really hope this tracker gets polished up.. amd I the only one who finds it kinda not.. transparent and kinda weirdly put together... I am afraid that they are using this tracker to just be able to never give a release date or anything for sure and just keep working away or not working away indefinitely. 

The tracker shows how many tasks are left, this isn't tasks since the start it's only counting the tasks they haven't done so in other words they've got a total of 64 tasks remaining out of the 1000 they've been doing for 3 years. Now once they've done all those tasks they have zero excuse whatsoever to delay it yet again

Anybody who thinks they're going to be able to make any serious calculations based on how it moves is only setting themselves for further disappointment. If a release date wasn't a reliable indicator, making assumptions based on very limited information is guaranteed to leave you empty-handed.

Nothing about this suggests it's a time to be madly refreshing the page to see a big update coming around the corner. It isn't there.

Edited by lamona

21 hours ago, Frisky said:

They are obliged to update the track daily..hoping no new tasks are added when all tasks are completed Town square will be released

23 hours ago, Frisky said:

Why is there a tracker? how long did they discuss the tracker, and then design and implement into the website, really they should be programming the game and have it ready for release a month ago or on April 23 at the latest like they stated. but now they have this new tool they've obviously been working on, why? why develop a tracker? well that's easy, to get more people to pledge and string them along  with made up goals. them tracker "tasks" can just be eternally inflated; they finished one but oh look there is another task, guess we gotta tackle it before the release, so no release and just more artificial tasks to keep people in tow and saying oh geeze they are making "progress" . eventually you "pledge" = get swindled . then you hope that the game will soon arrive, only to find out the "developers" are "switching to NEW technology so guess what, delay! oh but now theyve been working on it so long that the original work is too old! Sad! so now we gonna make "fresh new content" with better technology, but now we need more money, but look at our tracker cause we have so many tasks to complete so you understand right its ok to be disapointed beacuse look a tracker, and you should be nice to the devs they work so hard to make a tracker! dont worry the town square will be out soon like never. and be careful cause after 180 days after you give them your money you loose your right to a refund and good luck getting it back. great work "devs" great way to display your integrity, honesty, truth, and transparency. 

34 minutes ago, BlazinBender said:

Why is there a tracker? how long did they discuss the tracker, and then design and implement into the website, really they should be programming the game and have it ready for release a month ago or on April 23 at the latest like they stated. but now they have this new tool they've obviously been working on, why? why develop a tracker? well that's easy, to get more people to pledge and string them along  with made up goals. them tracker "tasks" can just be eternally inflated; they finished one but oh look there is another task, guess we gotta tackle it before the release, so no release and just more artificial tasks to keep people in tow and saying oh geeze they are making "progress" . eventually you "pledge" = get swindled . then you hope that the game will soon arrive, only to find out the "developers" are "switching to NEW technology so guess what, delay! oh but now theyve been working on it so long that the original work is too old! Sad! so now we gonna make "fresh new content" with better technology, but now we need more money, but look at our tracker cause we have so many tasks to complete so you understand right its ok to be disapointed beacuse look a tracker, and you should be nice to the devs they work so hard to make a tracker! dont worry the town square will be out soon like never. and be careful cause after 180 days after you give them your money you loose your right to a refund and good luck getting it back. great work "devs" great way to display your integrity, honesty, truth, and transparency. 

Hate to say it but that's actually plausable. Now while I believe that town square should release after these 64 tasks are done, I do also have a feeling they'll come up with another excuse as to why they have to delay. I'm hoping the devs will prove us wrong and release it but given the track record of lack of communication and just constant delays I don't know what to think. Like I say it does seem like a plausable scenario but I'm not going to sit here and call them scammers unless there's solid proof to say. But once again I will say the devs Don't help themselves when they don't tell us anything until last minute or show us anything solid. Rendered pictures don't count as they don't represent the final product and if we've only seen one clip that's two minutes long and took 3 years to deliver that also doesn't represent the final game or even official gameplay then what else are we supposed to think? 

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343