TheImperator

Give Me One Reason

Why I should believe that a political system in an online life simulation game isn't just going to turn into a giant shitposting match?  I mean, look at politics in real life right now. Now, imagine that, but all candidates are basically just virtual avatars that can say or do whatever they want without any real world consequence.  There's no way this isn't going to immediately crash and burn in glorious fashion.

Just now, TheImperator said:

Why I should believe that a political system in an online life simulation game isn't just going to turn into a giant shitposting match?  I mean, look at politics in real life right now. Now, imagine that, but all candidates are basically just virtual avatars that can say or do whatever they want without any real world consequence.  There's no way this isn't going to immediately crash and burn in glorious fashion.

The political aspects of the game have not been fully implemented, however, the Governor will not have enough power to ruin the game for other players!

5 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

The political aspects of the game have not been fully implemented, however, the Governor will not have enough power to ruin the game for other players!

I wasn't suggesting that they could, I was just suggesting that the political system itself, especially the election process, is probably going to become one giant shitposting contest, where the winner is decided by the side that has the rarest Pepes.

11 minutes ago, TheImperator said:

I wasn't suggesting that they could, I was just suggesting that the political system itself, especially the election process, is probably going to become one giant shitposting contest, where the winner is decided by the side that has the rarest Pepes.

Candidates will present sales tax and so forth that may determine votes as well!

I am not well placed to elaborate more on that subject. I would suggest to wait until more information is released about politics in the game.

The serious politicians would merely transfer to a serious private server if the official servers are incapable of roleplaying these roles effectively within the game. 

5 minutes ago, dragon_12dk said:

Sure, there will be some that just shitpost, as there are now. But like now, they will probably be ignored.

That was well said!

the majority of candidates that are currently wanting to become governor have put a lot of time and work into their promotion. if they decided that they would turn around one day and start shitposting another candidate, they would be putting quite literally a year of work at high risk. it wouldn't be worth it for them to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Trisword said:

the majority of candidates that are currently wanting to become governor have put a lot of time and work into their promotion. if they decided that they would turn around one day and start shitposting another candidate, they would be putting quite literally a year of work at high risk. it wouldn't be worth it for them to.

This is true, I’ve been campaigning for over a year now and one must believe I won’t be putting that to waste.

• Like 1

One thing to note is when there was a kinda mini live debate stream of some of the candidates here. An there was not people attacking each other.(It wasn't to badly done.) 

Edited by Xzothi
  • Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:14 AM, LuciousTimes said:

Or else....He could be the Governor from Walking dead.
And Kill us all....that would ruin it.

Edited by Negan
Excuse me? Don't ask me that shit again.

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Or else....He could be the Governor from Walking dead.
And Kill us all....that would ruin it.

Lucious said it before, just like they said in the stream. The Governor won’t have enough power to ruin the game for others.

7 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

Yes, us killing everyone won’t be possible!

There will only be one. It will be me. Thus you using US, As plural.....well...
That just ain't gonna fly.

3 minutes ago, Hennessy said:

I’m just a man who makes guns and jumps over shit on a dirt bike. My political knowledge is limited.

That’s not a problem!