bulldogzxz

Hardcore mode

Your opinion  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion

• I agree
    • Terrible idea wont work
    • Maybe

I think they should make a hardcore mode where when you die you lose everything(By everything I mean EVERYTHING your player owns) and you create a new character(have it so you can select your appearance of your old character)... However for this to work well they need to make it fairly hard to get a gun so all the kids dont come in with guns and kill everyone. This makes it much more interesting and your character much more valuable. And if this doesn't sound appealing to you dont play on this server type. What are your thoughts?

Edited by bulldogzxz
  • Like 1

I somewhat agree with a hardcore mode but not really with the idea of losing everything. Maybe just make it harder to do things and buy things. Also things like no name tags, maybe instead a system where you have to interact with another player and get their id.

• Like 2

I like that idea and I mean yeah it might be a little rough to lose all your house and cars etc but at the same time that might make it more interesting. I like the interaction to get there ID

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Herzog said:

I somewhat agree with a hardcore mode but not really with the idea of losing everything. Maybe just make it harder to do things and buy things. Also things like no name tags, maybe instead a system where you have to interact with another player and get their id.

@Herzog They said that they may be/ are going to do this, like I mean they said there will be an option to greet the players and once you greet that person they can see your name. But I am not sure if they are going to do it on the official servers, but I know that most community/ all of them I suspect will do the greetings unless its a casual server maybe wont do it, But I absolutely agree with them doing this for there official servers it makes it so much more fun to play and rp wise better.

7 hours ago, bulldogzxz said:

I think they should make a hardcore mode where when you die you lose everything(By everything I mean EVERYTHING your player owns) and you create a new character(have it so you can select your appearance of your old character)... However for this to work well they need to make it fairly hard to get a gun so all the kids dont come in with guns and kill everyone. This makes it much more interesting and your character much more valuable. And if this doesn't sound appealing to you dont play on this server type. What are your thoughts?

@bulldogzxz I believe that this would not be wise because well if someone joins it and they have "an apartment" from a pledge they shouldnt lose it and same for the pledge cars. but if they earned it from getting money from jobs and shit, I totally agree. they should lose that stuff. I am sure that you will find community Hardcore servers if you wanted to play on them, look at this post I made:    My Post    that should tell you that people are planning on having a server which is Hardcore Roleplay. Also so you know, they said that Community server owners will have a lot of options they can change, like Perma death/ lose character on death.

Edited by JamesLuck01
  • Like 1

On official servers, some things will be lost on death (some, not all, things you're carrying) such as weapons. Private server owners will have the ability to configure their servers to take this further, essentially creating a "hardcore" game mode. We haven't decided if perma-death is something we'll allow yet, but it's possible. That said, if we do it'll not remove your pledge perks as they're primarily cosmetic

@JamesLuck01 is fairly spot-on with most his points above. While official servers will have more of a casual fun atmosphere, one of our main goals with Identity is to give role-players an ideal game to live out their imagination. There are very, very few MMO games that offer real immersion these days and immersion is a huge priority for us.

• Like 3

Pfff no. It's a videogame i shouldn't worry about dying cause that's what many people worry about IRL. Sure, its a Role-playing game but even if it's a role-playing game it's still a GAME

Plus i think you should let the server creators decide on if they wan't their Private or Open servers to have that.

Edited by Santoyo
Spelling mistake

example: you've played identity for more than 3 years. a script kiddie joins the game and you know... somehow he kills you without shooting or anything. until that day you've reached the men's dream. a yacht, most expensive house and car etc. and it's all lost because a script kiddie joined that server... even your parrot klaus and your job progress, just gone. what would you do? playing another 3 years to get that progress back just to die again by a script kiddie?

If you are going to lose everything and that is part of the game it might as well be for the whole game. If everyone is playing hardcore the community is split. This could work depending on how the game is structured, if it were like the average survival game yes. However, this game is about building your character. For the first module when the game is basically DarkRP it would work, but not in the full game.

I think having the settings there to allow it so that private communities can decide what's best for their player base