xIconikkx

Your Computer Specs?

Currently it's shitty E8400 and GTX260, with 4GB of DDR2 ram, it was a beast back in the days, but yeah, haven't do anything to it for 7 years so you might imagine how it looks and works now. Wasn't upgrading it earlier because it was my brothers PC, which he gave to me 2-3 years ago. In few months (hopefully, need that school marks) I will be changing it to:

Sapphire R9 390

I5 6500

16GB DDR4 (firstly 8GB, then I'll buy another 8 cuz too much ram won't hurt)

Kind a beast, ay? 8GB of VRAM on the GPU might help with the Identity, considering there will be tons of shit to display and render :P

CPU: i7 3820 @ 3.60GHz

RAM: 16GB of RAM

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB

I've had these parts passed down from when my uncle didn't need his computer parts anymore, haven't bought anything for my PC except a mouse. Saved me $1600 :) 

• Like 1

Doing this for me, as im interested in updating my PC. Might also be helpful for some people looking for sth to buy.

I am using this PC since Battlefield 2. No updates needed cause they work perfectly together.

Prices may have changed and some parts may not be available anymore especially my graphics.

EUR 578,00 for Screens: 2 x Asus MX279H 27 "

EUR 117,89 for Case: be quiet! Silent Base 800 (Orange)

EUR 049,90 for Cooling: ThermalRight HR-02 Macho Rev.B

EUR 095,02 for Keyboard: SteelSeries 6Gv2 mechanical

EUR 086,90 for SSD: Samsung MZ-7TE120BW Serie 840 EVO

EUR 080,00 for Harddisc: Samsung HD103SJ

EUR 260,00 for Graphics: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti (MSI best thing ever. almost 4 years of gaming until now)

EUR 077,98 for RAM: Corsair XMS3 8BG (2 x 4GB)

EUR 194,18 for CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K (3. Generation)

EUR 091,86 for Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Pro4

EUR 106,06 for Microfon: Samson G-Track GM1U

EUR 050,00 for Headphone: CSL 440 Bluetooth + Bluetooth Adapter for Desktop PC

-----------------------

EUR 1787,89

Upgrades coming soon:

EUR 699,90 for Graphics: MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Eventually:

Swap CPU for the amazing Intel Xeon E3-1231 but i would need a new Motherboard then. So we will see.

Edited by Dscheksn
Recent update of my case. New graphics available.

Just got my new PC set up so I can proudly say all my specs now! :D

CPU: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-6500 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR4 (will buy another 8GB soon)

GPU: Geforce GTX 970

Windows 10

Oh my glooooob I'm so hyped! >u<

2 hours ago, Vix said:

Just got my new PC set up so I can proudly say all my specs now! :D

CPU: Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-6500 @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR4 (will buy another 8GB soon)

GPU: Geforce GTX 970

Windows 10

Oh my glooooob I'm so hyped! >u<

I'm jealous about the 970. I'm going to be waiting for the Nvidia Pascal, It's 10x faster than the worlds current GPU and will be released late 2016 :) Just hoping it wont cost $3000...

16 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

I'm jealous about the 970. I'm going to be waiting for the Nvidia Pascal, It's 10x faster than the worlds current GPU and will be released late 2016 :) Just hoping it wont cost $3000...

Holy eff, that's 12400zł! That's 248 days of me working, without spending a single złoty and working 248 days straight! Sheesh...

But yeah, my uncle did a good job in finding parts and convincing my parents xD It was going to be 4k zł in the beginning, but he convinced them to buy better parts and it was 5.5k zł total, so about $1332. I'll still have to buy few things separately. Like a second hard drive, my current one has only 128GB, and another 8GB RAM.

• Like 1

Main PC -

CPU: AMD FX-8320

RAM: 16GB 2133MHz

GPU: GALAX GTX 970

Macbook Pro (Win 10) -

CPU: 2.7GHz Intel Core I5

RAM: 8GB 1867MHz

GPU: Intel Iris 6100 1.5GB

Main PC -

CPU: AMD FX-8320

RAM: 16GB 2133MHz

GPU: GALAX GTX 970

Macbook Pro (Win 10) -

CPU: 2.7GHz Intel Core I5

RAM: 8GB 1867MHz

GPU: Intel Iris 6100 1.5GB

GPU: geforce gtx 860 m

RAM: 8GB + 2GB VRAM

CPU: i7 4710HQ

SSD: 128GB

HDD: 1TB.

Steelseries Keyboard

and a 5 Button Logitech Mouse.

cheers

pc cleaning.gif

My keyboard is a cheap standard keyboard and my monitor is outdated, but my mouse is my baby and my pride.

razer-molten-2.jpg

Naga Razer <3

34 minutes ago, Vix said:

My keyboard is a cheap standard keyboard and my monitor is outdated, but my mouse is my baby and my pride.

razer-molten-2.jpg

Naga Razer <3

nerd fight

IMG_0772.JPGedit:

not enough space for everything.

Edited by Shimozukachi

3 minutes ago, Vix said:

1453818004160.jpg

nice.

will upload another screenshot with the rest of my equipment if my new desk and chair arrives.... i wish i could put my third laptop on my desk...

IMG_0773.thumb.JPG.e1c56f1672e1bd0e317daaaaaand i think i've won the battle :P

On 25/01/2016 at 0:01 AM, Jacob said:

Currently it's shitty E8400 and GTX260, with 4GB of DDR2 ram, it was a beast back in the days, but yeah, haven't do anything to it for 7 years so you might imagine how it looks and works now. Wasn't upgrading it earlier because it was my brothers PC, which he gave to me 2-3 years ago. In few months (hopefully, need that school marks) I will be changing it to:

Sapphire R9 390

I5 6500

16GB DDR4 (firstly 8GB, then I'll buy another 8 cuz too much ram won't hurt)

Kind a beast, ay? 8GB of VRAM on the GPU might help with the Identity, considering there will be tons of shit to display and render :P

Don't get the skylake cpu just get an I7 instead

17 hours ago, Xentinel said:

Ah, I appear to have found my future upgrade! You gotta be careful though because wasn't it Nvidia who released that card which performed alot worse than what they officially claimed?

41 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

Don't get the skylake cpu just get an I7 instead

I7 costs a lot more than Skylake here where I live. Additionaly, Skylake is a "very futuristic choice". You know, it's new and will perform better in future games than the Haswell I7 or I5 :P

4 hours ago, Jacob said:

I7 costs a lot more than Skylake here where I live. Additionaly, Skylake is a "very futuristic choice". You know, it's new and will perform better in future games than the Haswell I7 or I5 :P

Well slightly better yes, but not to mention you will have to pay alot more for a mobo which supports the new LGA-1150 socket for the new Skylake CPUs.

You mean LGA-1151 socket, not the 1150 xD It's not that big difference, it costs less than 100 złotych more here (about 20-25$) so it doesn't affect my budget that much :) 

6 minutes ago, Jacob said:

You mean LGA-1151 socket, not the 1150 xD It's not that big difference, it costs less than 100 złotych more here (about 20-25$) so it doesn't affect my budget that much :) 

Shit that was a typo yeah I meant the LGA-1151 im used to typing 1150 because its what I use and for a decent mobo it is, sure you can get a crappy ASRock mobo cheap but they normally pretty bad

And you are saying you can get a mobo for $25, where you buying it the fuckin black market?

Edited by Kickapoo

I said, that the Skylake mobo is 25$ more expensive than the Haswell mobo i would get with the budget i have, and it's not crappy at all :P Of course, you can't overclock on this one, but I won't have the 6600K but the 6500, with no OC option at all. It has 4 DDR4 ram slots, PCI slot which I'll need for my sound card (Audio In Motion SC8000). It is decent I'd say xD But still, it's a very work in progress build, I might even get it after the pascals and polaris reveal, so prices might change a lot by that time.

I'm talking 'bout this one ---> http://www.msi.com/product/motherboard/B150-PC-MATE.html

Edited by Jacob