Boumu

Character Age

In the character creation will there be an age slider?

The further you go down the slide you can customize wrinkles on your character, buy alcohol for minorities?

I like the idea but I feel that the age slider should not be allowed to be set bellow the age 21 or so. I feel that it could possibly complicate things too much due to the wide range of activities and jobs that is available.

Example: Player creates character, sets his slider to the age of 19. Now said player cannot attend bars to drink, ect. This would make things generally inconvenient for not only the devs but a player who makes this choice and later realizes hes made a mistake. 

Heres an alternative suggestion that similarly falls into your suggestion. Make it so when your creating your character there is a specific option that can be enabled to cause your player to age over long periods of time. (Over a year real time your character shows small signs of aging) This could really present an interesting experience for long time Identity players that may very well be playing the game in 5 years. You could even have a system where a player needs to renew his identification after a certain time period of aging. 

Edited by ZombieShock
Typos :c

10 minutes ago, ZombieShock said:

I like the idea but I feel that the age slider should not be allowed to be set bellow the age 21 or so. I feel that it could possibly complicate things too much due to the wide range of activities and jobs that is available.

Example: Player creates character, sets his slider to the age of 19. Now said player cannot attend bars to drink, ect. This would make things generally inconvenient for not only the devs but a player who makes this choice and later realizes hes made a mistake. 

Heres an alternative suggestion that similarly falls into your suggestion. Make it so when your creating your character there is a specific option that can be enabled to cause your player to age over long periods of time. (Over a year real time your character shows small signs of aging) This could really present an interesting experience for long time Identity players that may very well be playing the game in 5 years. You could even have a system where a player needs to renew his identification after a certain time period of aging. 

They have said their will be no children so I would imagine that would extend to minors so the lowest would probably be 21

I can drink since over a year now and I'm nowhere close to 21.

EUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE! xD

• Like 6

This brings up the question what age you get what rights, for example will you be able to drink at 21 or 18? But I guess this only applies if they do have  this age thing implemented...

4 hours ago, Frenchy said:

This brings up the question what age you get what rights, for example will you be able to drink at 21 or 18? But I guess this only applies if they do have  this age thing implemented...

I would assume since Asylum is based off the US (atleast I think it is) that they would follow American drug consumption ages. I agree with JCDOCK, its likely the minimum would be 21.   

12 hours ago, Vix said:

I can drink since over a year now and I'm nowhere close to 21.

EUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE! xD

I miss Europe :C

• Like 3