Sign in to follow this  
Mattrock607

Hello, world!

Way back in 1998, my friends and I sat around envisioning a future online game where players would live vicarious lives through their PCs -- shopping in grocery stores, working in the office, driving home, watching some TV and eating snacks, and calling each other on in-game telephones. So when I heard that someone had broken ground on what was essentially that same vision, I naturally had to come see it for myself. And as of right now, I have to say I'm rather impressed!

My name, as you probably guessed from my profile name, is Matt. I'm a 37-year old political writer in Binghamton, New York (I write for a popular website, which I won't name for fear of starting a ridiculous argument -- my work life is my work life and my play time is my play time!). I'm a gamer, a musician, a walking Game Of Thrones/ ASOIAF encyclopedia, and a very serious pizza aficionado.

I only just discovered this game recently, but I'm already struggling to imagine what sort of virtual life I might lead. Surely I could get into politics and excel pretty rapidly, but that might be a little too close to home for me. Instead, I'll most likely create a company of some sort, though I'm not sure what that might be.

In Minecraft I've owned and operated a large multinational conglomerate corporation called "Rockwater International," which I've also used in GTA Online and other games. In MC, Rockwater Int'l is a monster of a company. At the height of its reign I owned "MattDonald's" fast food restaurants in eight different countries, as well as the Rockwater Brewing Company (crafting beer and other alcoholic beverages), Brightstone Mining Company (with stores selling raw materials), huge factory farms with hundreds of animals, and various other creations and acquisitions. So when it comes to running virtual businesses inside a game, I think I can safely say I have a tremendous amount of experience. :D

If I bring Rockwater Int'l into Identity, I'm not sure what form it might take. Perhaps MattDonald's restaurants, with franchising. Maybe I'll get into pharmaceuticals, if that's an option. Or perhaps we'll be a powerful law firm, or an insurance company, or something a little more... ahem... law-adjacent? I'll have a better idea after I learn more about this awesome-looking game.

Anyway, that's my big introduction. I'm looking forward to learning more about this game and meeting others in the community!

• Like 1

Hello Matt and welcome to the community. Nice to meet you.

Feel free to read the 2 FAQ's which you can find in my Signature. They provide good information about the Game. 

If you have any questions regarding the community or the game and which answer you can't find in the forums, feel free to contact me.

Enjoy your stay here :)

-Radack

Welcome Matt !

What a pleasure to read a presentation like yours :)

You seem to have experience, and I'm sure you will realize your projects with great professionalism!

I hope to meet you one day in game :)