Boumu

Wanted Levels?

Question

Say John shot a man out in the forest but the man comes to town and reports it, will John be persistently on the run until prosecuted? or will the police officers be able to put his mugshot on a wanted board so that Bounty Hunters may be able to hunt him and what if John never shot the man and the man just wanted him dead then what happens?

7 answers to this question

So I think it works like this: when you commit a crime, you trigger policemen's ability to arrest you, even if no one reported a crime, it's just that without witnesses they don't know who they're looking or if they're looking for anyone at all. After most crimes your wanted time will decrease over time until it completely disappears and you're practically clear, but after a murder you'll be always wanted and after multiple murders you might become visible to public as "the killer" so cops can arrest you easier and stop your killing spree.

• Like 2

On 5/2/2016 at 1:16 PM, SilberDrachen893 said:

Best solution would be just to not have a wanted level system. It doesn't work like that. If someone thinks you're causing a ruckus, they'll report you, and it's up to the police to see if they catch you or not. 

Even without a wanted level system in other RP games, I still manage to get pulled over by the feds.

I agree...I think the whole "wanted level" system is outdated and inaccurate.  It should be just like in real life.  When a crime is committed, they investigate based on reports, unless the cops witnesses things themselves...This makes new jobs available like dispatcher...

• Like 2

"you will still be wanted when switching servers" hope that means i can use character a from server a on server alpha omega too :D

I recall them saying that crimes have to be reported by witnesses (like someone calling the police, ect) I would have to assume that murder caries some kind of exception. At least, thats what I gathered from the posted Twitter responses. 

I plan on being a criminal, so this is all good information. This makes me even more excited, haha

Best solution would be just to not have a wanted level system. It doesn't work like that. If someone thinks you're causing a ruckus, they'll report you, and it's up to the police to see if they catch you or not. 

Even without a wanted level system in other RP games, I still manage to get pulled over by the feds.

• Like 2