YaLocalOreo

Respawn in new server after death

Respawn in new Server after death  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should you or should you not have to respawn in a new server once you die or are killed

• yes you should have to respawn in a new server
    • no you should be able to respawn in the same server

They should make it so that once you die you have to go to a new server rather than just respawn in the same server. Like cuz if they respawn in the same server that will just mess up rp. 

18 minutes ago, qwerty1029 said:

They should make it so that once you die you have to go to a new server rather than just respawn in the same server. Like cuz if they respawn in the same server that will just mess up rp. 

I like the idea but what's stopping you from coming back and this would mess up playing with friends

4 minutes ago, Numbers said:

I like the idea but what's stopping you from coming back and this would mess up playing with friends

then u you shouldn't be allowed back on the same server

Not everything needs to be built for the sole purpose of RP. Being forced to respawn in a new server would break up gameplay you are having with friends and interrupt progression in a activity you are engaged in. Find other ways to RP without ruining the experience.

1 hour ago, qwerty1029 said:

Official servers will be more casual RP and so if you want something like this, I am more than certain a community private server will have something with permanent death but also on official servers you will be able to have more than one character and so they would have to remove that option too but I don't see any benefits for official servers because if you are wanted on one of them then you are wanted on all. So this would be that you are permanently banned from all the official servers is what you want from people dying.

• Like 1

If you were forced to be on another server after death, you wouldn't have access to your house on the server you just died on. Its been stated that housing should be limited to the server you acquired them on.

this is just one thought I have as to why having to change servers shouldn't be a feature. 

I do agree it would make for some hardcore RP. however "fun" needs to be maintained as well.

You could make it a personal goal to change servers every time you die if you are not revived. that might be fun to do for a while :)

• Like 1

This idea could be good and bad. 

The bad has basically been covered above in this discussion, with how it would work against the fun and the ability to RP with friends. 

It could be good though if hypothetically, if say a Host had multiple servers, and upon death you would start in another one of the servers controlled by the same host of the one you died in. You could bounce around the servers all controlled by the same Host.   

This could be very interesting because it would make high risk actions more dangerous for those involved, with the ability of death and being removed for the server. With that being said,  players wouldn't ultimately loss friends, because they would still be in the same group of servers, and eventually they would be in the same server again. 

The only purpose this really serves is to prevent revenge killing. I can't really agree to it. If I own a house in one server and someone else owns that house on the new server, I am down one house because someone decided to RDM me. F that. That's a big no no for me, good sir.

• Like 1

You should start as a new person or a relative of the dead person on the same server. Depending on HOW you die should determine what and who you respawn as.
I.E if I am a murderer theres a good chance that I dont have a good connection with family or have any kin so when you die your assets go to the bank.

HOWEVER
If you have good karma and are a cop and you die fighting a criminal a percentage of your assets based on your karma will go onto your next of kin (aka your son or new character or whatever they decide) 

NOT all of it but a %based on your karma and how good of a person you are.

I believe this would help promote people to RP and not troll constantly.
But dont make it to beneficial, dying should be a HUGE setback regardless of karma. But you have the option for friends to help you back on your feet. 

Edited by KifDawg
typos

12 hours ago, KifDawg said:

You should start as a new person or a relative of the dead person on the same server. Depending on HOW you die should determine what and who you respawn as.
I.E if I am a murderer theres a good chance that I dont have a good connection with family or have any kin so when you die your assets go to the bank.

HOWEVER
If you have good karma and are a cop and you die fighting a criminal a percentage of your assets based on your karma will go onto your next of kin (aka your son or new character or whatever they decide) 

I would really love it! I don't think respawning in a new server would be a nice idea...

On 5/6/2017 at 2:37 AM, Mentality said:

Not everything needs to be built for the sole purpose of RP. Being forced to respawn in a new server would break up gameplay you are having with friends and interrupt progression in a activity you are engaged in. Find other ways to RP without ruining the experience.

And that's what i was talking about...